Reviews for A Bridge You Can't Cross
marisa cooper chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Yay! Love that the Beer verse is back! I only hope you decide to go another ending than the show did, I want to see more of Sam and John Winchester together!
Ingridmarie chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Hey great start. I really liked the interaction between John and Sam falling right back into their roles. Update soon!
JennK528 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Lovely to see another story in this 'verse!

And oh, to go back to this ep again...*sniff* Well done. Looking forward to more.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh wow, this was just amazing! I wondered how you'd incorporate John's death into the Beer 'verse - wondered whether you'd even try to do it - but so far this is just incredible! I was a bit unsure when you said the story was going to be told from outsider POV, but choosing Jessica as that outsider just works so well. I would have liked to have seen Jessica and John meet on the show, so this is kind of wish fulfillment for me!

I loved how you had Sam and John speaking words from Shadow when they first met - and Jessica's observations on how Sam suddenly seemed like a child in his father's arms. That was a lovely little section.

It's going to be an interesting ride this - how you're going to incorporate the fallout from Devil's Trap - how John and Dean could have dealt with the YED and the Colt without Sam - and how Sam will deal with John's deal to save Dean...

Really looking forward to the rest of this story!
happycabbage75 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Gah. I... Umm... DANG.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.
NathMG chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
It's great to see you back with another Beer Verse story. I love this universe. Having Jess in the middle of everything is awesome. The meeting with John was gutwrenching. I can't wait for more. I can send you some tape and bubblegum if you're out. Sam and Dean's relationship is so beautiful. I can't stand it when they're not communicating. It just makes everything off balance.
sams1ra chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
*whimpers*

thank goodness this isnt the end!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh, I am so glad to see another installment in this series, even if this one puts a lump in my throat. Painful and touching and lovely writing. I'm glad you put, in effect, the Shadow reunion in here because I'd like to think they get along in these circumstances, even be there for each other. You captured the brittleness of the situation well, and how Jess helps but ultimately can't. Lovely work.
chiiyo chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
I really love and adore that verse, but have never commented before (so sorry!). I'm doing it now, because there is no word to say how happy I am that you wrote a new 'Beer story!

I was waiting for some tragedy to make this fragile world fall apart, and using the events of "In my time of dying" is really the way to go.

Jess meeting John! I was so looking forward to this one! Is Jess finally going to learn about the hunting? (I always thought that was all your stories in the Beer 'verse were leading to, but I may be wrong...)

But I'm also very scared. Is it going to be really bad?

Thank you for this, you've made my day!
Uyen chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Yay another part! And it's got more than one chapter! Can't wait for more! :D
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Intense and so much emotion! great start :-)
Diane chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Absolutely perfect. I loved this little 'verse you've created. I think it's the best I've ever read. Sam and Dean are still Sam and Dean, although they are apart. I also love how you've made it cannon - but not. It's so beautiful to see it tie in together. I know Jess being alive is a big deviation but you make it seem so plausible. Plus, I have to say, I absolutely adore your Jess. I don't know if Kripke would have been able to write her as well.

I'm anxious to see where you will go with this. Will John go ahead and give up his soul for Dean? Will Dean die? How will Sam react? Will Jess find out just what it is the Winchester's do? Please don't make us wait too long.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
brilliant!
Jennygeee chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
This has to be my favourite verse and I'm so glad you are giving us more and that you have chosen ;In My Time of Dying'. I love that we get the chance to observe the Winchesters from Jess' POV and really look forward to the next chapter.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
You're using In My Time Of Dying! You're really using In My Time Of Dying in the 'Beer 'verse! *jumps up and down happily, cheering*

*realizes she sounds like a lunatic*

*is too happy to care, lol*

I really enjoy all of your stories, especially from this 'verse. I honestly just re-read your 'Beer 'verse stories a few days ago, and I have been hoping for quite a while that you'd continue to IMTOD. :D (IMTOD happens to be my favorite episode, lol.)

You've done an incredible job so far! I loved how you wrote it, and I especially loved that it's from Jessica's POV. It's such an interesting look at the Winchesters. I'm so curious to see how she reacts to the rest, and how her presence there will change things.

I can't wait for the next part! :)

*goes to re-read the first chapter again*

Incredible work! :)