Reviews for A Bridge You Can't Cross
Maz101 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
So nicely done. Heartbreaking and moving in it's implications for all the characters. Nice too to get this alternative POV.
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
My first reaction when the notification came through as 'Yatta!', Emma has posted another fic. Hope its a !Beer Verse one.

Second reaction was 'Its a !Beer verse fic!' Hurrah

and then upon reading the summary... 3rd reaction was 'NO! Don't kill Jess off. I like Jess. And if we're going to have tragedy then Jess will die and Beer Verse will come to an end.'

This lasted for the whole morning, until I caved and read the first chapter at lunch time and then upon reading 'In my time of Dying' - my YATTA of upthrown arms was joyous. Inherent drama, third person POV, JESS!... Sammy and John angst... John possibly going to die, Demon!Deals...

and I haven't even read the fic yet. :)

And the fic itself? Fantasbulous! Excellent use of POV and I love that we get to see the events through a third party who wasn't there originally. Wonderful voice and characterisation as usual. And the set up and ensuing drama to follow? Marvelous.

I loved Jess's first impression of John and that she has finally got to meet him - even if under these circumstances.

Can't wait for chapter 2.
Rhesa chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Thankyou so much for returning to this wonderful verse. I have always wanted a Sam John reunion at Dean's beside in this AU, so now Im inordinately happy! I love your Jess too, she is sweet and caring and infinitely likeable, Im really enjoying her POV. Loved Sam's reunion with John and Jess's observations and surprise at his comforting. I just hope that our boys arn't too broken at the end - please find some tape, coz I need a reasonably happy ending. I really hope we get to see the reactions of some of Jess and Sam's friends to this, coz they are all great characters too, and Jilly who I also love, with her spoiled little sister - but caring underneath vibe.

I love this story already, please update soon. Oh and since Im a terribly demanding reader, you did mention an epilogue to your thanksgiving fic? But please feel free to concentrate on this one first lol, coz I can't wait for more.
snchills chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Fabulous start. I love your 'beer verse. Can't wait to read the next chapter.
marisa cooper chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Yay! Love that the Beer verse is back! I only hope you decide to go another ending than the show did, I want to see more of Sam and John Winchester together!
Ingridmarie chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Hey great start. I really liked the interaction between John and Sam falling right back into their roles. Update soon!
JennK528 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Lovely to see another story in this 'verse!

And oh, to go back to this ep again...*sniff* Well done. Looking forward to more.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh wow, this was just amazing! I wondered how you'd incorporate John's death into the Beer 'verse - wondered whether you'd even try to do it - but so far this is just incredible! I was a bit unsure when you said the story was going to be told from outsider POV, but choosing Jessica as that outsider just works so well. I would have liked to have seen Jessica and John meet on the show, so this is kind of wish fulfillment for me!

I loved how you had Sam and John speaking words from Shadow when they first met - and Jessica's observations on how Sam suddenly seemed like a child in his father's arms. That was a lovely little section.

It's going to be an interesting ride this - how you're going to incorporate the fallout from Devil's Trap - how John and Dean could have dealt with the YED and the Colt without Sam - and how Sam will deal with John's deal to save Dean...

Really looking forward to the rest of this story!
happycabbage75 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Gah. I... Umm... DANG.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.
NathMG chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
It's great to see you back with another Beer Verse story. I love this universe. Having Jess in the middle of everything is awesome. The meeting with John was gutwrenching. I can't wait for more. I can send you some tape and bubblegum if you're out. Sam and Dean's relationship is so beautiful. I can't stand it when they're not communicating. It just makes everything off balance.
sams1ra chapter 1 . 6/17/2008

thank goodness this isnt the end!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh, I am so glad to see another installment in this series, even if this one puts a lump in my throat. Painful and touching and lovely writing. I'm glad you put, in effect, the Shadow reunion in here because I'd like to think they get along in these circumstances, even be there for each other. You captured the brittleness of the situation well, and how Jess helps but ultimately can't. Lovely work.
chiiyo chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
I really love and adore that verse, but have never commented before (so sorry!). I'm doing it now, because there is no word to say how happy I am that you wrote a new 'Beer story!

I was waiting for some tragedy to make this fragile world fall apart, and using the events of "In my time of dying" is really the way to go.

Jess meeting John! I was so looking forward to this one! Is Jess finally going to learn about the hunting? (I always thought that was all your stories in the Beer 'verse were leading to, but I may be wrong...)

But I'm also very scared. Is it going to be really bad?

Thank you for this, you've made my day!
Uyen chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Yay another part! And it's got more than one chapter! Can't wait for more! :D
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Intense and so much emotion! great start :-)
221 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »