Reviews for A Bridge You Can't Cross
PADavis chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh, that was beautiful. Outsider, Jess' POV brilliant. I was in tears when Sam and John hugged. The description of samanddean and the mask face and Jess' worry that he will unravel touched a chord in me.

I cannot beging to tell you how happy I am that you are posting a new Beer 'verse story. I've read all the other so many times I'm rubbing the ink of my computer screen. Yay Yay Yay! Even if its sad going so far - yay!

Phoebe
Lina Marina chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Please don't kill John! PLEASE!
fanreader14 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Hi! You have TOTALLY made my day! I was so excited to see the next chapter in your 'Beer' verse. You have somehow made the Sam and Dean characters in your stories so very real and believeable and yet still have subtle difference from the Sam and Dean we know from the TV show. If were up to me, this universe you have created would never end...i.e. I hope you keep writing in it...anything...long, short...as long as you give us more! What a wonderful world fleshed out with fully developed plots and original characters you have created. Keep up the great work!
Maz101 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
So nicely done. Heartbreaking and moving in it's implications for all the characters. Nice too to get this alternative POV.
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
My first reaction when the notification came through as 'Yatta!', Emma has posted another fic. Hope its a !Beer Verse one.

Second reaction was 'Its a !Beer verse fic!' Hurrah

and then upon reading the summary... 3rd reaction was 'NO! Don't kill Jess off. I like Jess. And if we're going to have tragedy then Jess will die and Beer Verse will come to an end.'

This lasted for the whole morning, until I caved and read the first chapter at lunch time and then upon reading 'In my time of Dying' - my YATTA of upthrown arms was joyous. Inherent drama, third person POV, JESS!... Sammy and John angst... John possibly going to die, Demon!Deals...

and I haven't even read the fic yet. :)

And the fic itself? Fantasbulous! Excellent use of POV and I love that we get to see the events through a third party who wasn't there originally. Wonderful voice and characterisation as usual. And the set up and ensuing drama to follow? Marvelous.

I loved Jess's first impression of John and that she has finally got to meet him - even if under these circumstances.

Can't wait for chapter 2.
Rhesa chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Thankyou so much for returning to this wonderful verse. I have always wanted a Sam John reunion at Dean's beside in this AU, so now Im inordinately happy! I love your Jess too, she is sweet and caring and infinitely likeable, Im really enjoying her POV. Loved Sam's reunion with John and Jess's observations and surprise at his comforting. I just hope that our boys arn't too broken at the end - please find some tape, coz I need a reasonably happy ending. I really hope we get to see the reactions of some of Jess and Sam's friends to this, coz they are all great characters too, and Jilly who I also love, with her spoiled little sister - but caring underneath vibe.

I love this story already, please update soon. Oh and since Im a terribly demanding reader, you did mention an epilogue to your thanksgiving fic? But please feel free to concentrate on this one first lol, coz I can't wait for more.
snchills chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Fabulous start. I love your 'beer verse. Can't wait to read the next chapter.
marisa cooper chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Yay! Love that the Beer verse is back! I only hope you decide to go another ending than the show did, I want to see more of Sam and John Winchester together!
Ingridmarie chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Hey great start. I really liked the interaction between John and Sam falling right back into their roles. Update soon!
JennK528 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Lovely to see another story in this 'verse!

And oh, to go back to this ep again...*sniff* Well done. Looking forward to more.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh wow, this was just amazing! I wondered how you'd incorporate John's death into the Beer 'verse - wondered whether you'd even try to do it - but so far this is just incredible! I was a bit unsure when you said the story was going to be told from outsider POV, but choosing Jessica as that outsider just works so well. I would have liked to have seen Jessica and John meet on the show, so this is kind of wish fulfillment for me!

I loved how you had Sam and John speaking words from Shadow when they first met - and Jessica's observations on how Sam suddenly seemed like a child in his father's arms. That was a lovely little section.

It's going to be an interesting ride this - how you're going to incorporate the fallout from Devil's Trap - how John and Dean could have dealt with the YED and the Colt without Sam - and how Sam will deal with John's deal to save Dean...

Really looking forward to the rest of this story!
happycabbage75 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Gah. I... Umm... DANG.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.
NathMG chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
It's great to see you back with another Beer Verse story. I love this universe. Having Jess in the middle of everything is awesome. The meeting with John was gutwrenching. I can't wait for more. I can send you some tape and bubblegum if you're out. Sam and Dean's relationship is so beautiful. I can't stand it when they're not communicating. It just makes everything off balance.
sams1ra chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
*whimpers*

thank goodness this isnt the end!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Oh, I am so glad to see another installment in this series, even if this one puts a lump in my throat. Painful and touching and lovely writing. I'm glad you put, in effect, the Shadow reunion in here because I'd like to think they get along in these circumstances, even be there for each other. You captured the brittleness of the situation well, and how Jess helps but ultimately can't. Lovely work.
224 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »