Reviews for A Bridge You Can't Cross
Glades of Grey chapter 6 . 11/4/2011
I'm so glad I found this, I was in need of a good fanfic! Loved the different take on the whole accident, well written and overall wonderful!
frostfalcon chapter 6 . 10/30/2011
Found this today and read through all the A Beer stories... I enjoy this alternate view of how things could have gone. I hope you come back and add to them some day.
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 6 . 8/15/2011
Soooooo when ya gonna continue this? XD
sekmarcspn chapter 6 . 8/12/2011
I'm utterly heartbroken. Here you created an awesome AR and you just left it at a critical turning point. I need to know what happened to the boys! Is this the end for the brothers or can they find a way to make things work? Please say you intend to continue this at some point, pretty please?
kseniya-rainbow chapter 6 . 3/24/2011
Dear Emma15,

I don’t know if you even will ever read my review, because it looks like you haven’t been here for a looong time.

I hope you don’t mind if I post one review for all stories in your ‘A Beer’ 'verse. I absolutely adore this series :) they are one of my favorite stories ever) And before I start, I want to apologize in advance for all my grammar and other mistakes that you’ll find in here...it’s kind of difficult to write in foreign language) But nevertheless I’m gonna post it because you and your story really deserve some “thank you”.

At first I found your story “Area Codes”. It’s so emotional and bittersweet. I love that against their will brothers keep thinking about each other, still care and wonder how other is doing, that Dean keeps checking on his little brother. And it was really heart breaking that he had to find out about Sam’s wedding like that. Sam’s need of his family, his big brother, understanding how much he misses him and craving for his approval was heart breaking too. I cried at the end, and didn’t want to believe that that was it.

And I’m so happy that you continued this story with “A Beer”) Their unexpected meeting at the bar was priceless! I reread those chapters like 5 times in the row! Love it sooo much! And I really love the situation with pictures on the mantle (though at first I really thought like Dean and was very upset) and that Sam keeps photo of brothers together in other, more privet place. Great that Dean met Jess and they get along so well. I have to say, I really, really love your Jess. She is so understanding, patient and loving, helpful and trying to keep them together) I was sooo happy that they decided to try, to find middle ground and keep in touch) Great end for the story!)))

Now, “Middle Ground”. Totally love that one too _ It was great that Sam took off to help his brother when he was sounding bad on the phone. And that he wanted spend his bachelor party only with his brother in it) The way Sam “translated” Dean’s job for Jess is really nice, funny even, very clause to the truth. Because really, Dean saves people, and that’s what important, everything else just details) Oh, and Jill that little sister is truly something) I was laughing at her and Dean’s meeting so hard I barely could breath!) Yeah, it was inevitably that John would find out about brothers keeping in touch. Dean did good to stand for it and telling his dad that he is planning continuing it this way. And THE WEDDING) Best part of the story!) Dean’s panic was consuming. I love that John helped Dean and drove him to the wedding, even though it was apparent how hard it was for him, how he missed his younger son and wished he could went there too, but pure stubbornness kept him from that; true to his word he believed that nothing changed and he should stay away from him. And Dean too, to catch the demon, to protect his sons. In that chapter I really felt for him and wished things would have been different. And it was sweet and nice of Dean to felt that too, to tell his dad about Sam, Jess and their live together. And though I totally knew that Dean would be at the wedding almost in time you made me very nervous and kept in tension till the end) And then, congratulations (the epic hug!) and make-up for photo’s were pure genius!) Too bad Dean was so injured, poor guy barely made it through the night, but to make his brother happy he was ready for more)))

“Unfurl”. Oww, one more masterpiece) I adore this one) Everything in it just genius. Their fight in the beginning was heart breaking…too bad Jess had to found out about their mom that way, but that gave her even more understanding. Sam’s friends were just trying to help, but unintentionally made everything worse…Jess was simply adorable the way she made Dean come to Thanksgiving! He brought flowers for Jessica, that was sooo sweet) Ohhh, I simply love that Thanksgiving dinner. I can reread it a thousands times!) Thanksgiving rule #1 is great!) "Nothing like a little spat to make Thanksgiving memorable"-that is totally true but my favorite part is: "Never said it was the Impala, Sammy" Dean’s words made my cry all over again.

“A Bridge You Can't Cross”. Well, interesting that this one is outsider PoV. I love how much Jess was worrying about Dean, and she actually considers him as a brother-that great too!) Her meeting and conversation with John were very important and it’s good that they happened. Too sad that boys can’t deal with their dad’s death good enough. Especially Dean, his emptiness and distance are scary, hope everything will be fine.

I know that you haven’t updated this story in 2 years, but I sincerely hope that you will, and very soon) This story is just too good to be left unfinished. You are really talented author, it was pure pleasure to read your stories, thank you very much for sharing them ;)

Wish you tons of inspirations,

kseniya-rainbow.
Blume chapter 6 . 2/7/2011
ok. first off, to udnerstand what was goign on in this fic I had to read the other- what? 4?- previous ones... and it was SO worthy!

;P

so with the right knowledge with me, I can only say this fic is slighlty more dramatic than the previous ones, because suddenly the world is less stable in Dean's life, and without Sam at his side, who's sot stop him from becoming Gordon's new BFF? or from not dying during Andy's case?

..adn while were are at it, i feel as frustrated as Sam: without Sammy there, how did the fight with the YED ocurred? did the demon verbally abused Dean more than we were used to? was it Dean who shot John? ...cause oh! I can imagine dad was so not happy with Dean for that!

XD
Emmers224 chapter 6 . 10/20/2010
Oh my goodness. This. Is. AMAZING! I absolutely love it. Such a different twist. You HAVE got to continue this...please? It's too good of a storyline to just leave hanging in the wind. I know it's kinda hypocritical of me to say since I've so far left 3 fics of my own uncompleted but this, well your little work of art is genuinely fantastic. It's gotta have an ending!

And I love that Jess is alive and apart of this. Her and Johns interaction in chapter 2 was exactly how I imagined it would be. I think it's sweet that she considers Dean like a brother to her. It kinda makes me wonder if she'll ever be included in the family secret.

By the way, I really like how the point of views are not Sam or Dean's. Adds a special kinda twist of it's own and a fresh look at the boys.

This is a marvelous story. I truly do hope you continue. :)
Death-Muncher chapter 6 . 9/21/2010
I'm really liking this story :)

I can imagine that Jess is going to be seriously pissed for being abandoned my Sam. :P

Keep up the good work. :)
Diane chapter 6 . 8/9/2010
Oh goodness where are you? Please finish this story! I need you to see this through to the bitter/sweet/angsty/emo end. Please please please please!
Kat chapter 6 . 7/5/2010
Hello dear Emma15,

I really have to get this out..I would lovve to say how much I adore this story(or your others)but niw I would just like to aks you if you could please update,even if its just to tell us that theres nothing going on here anymore(because I remember the last update,I was here roughly two years ago but now I kinda lost hope that your continuing-which would be sad but at least we would know.

I just dont understand authors who say its going to be continued and then dissapear for a loooooong time.

Hell real life is demanding and if you dont have the time we would understand just please,please tell us what to expect.

Loong review with litt,e content and a truck load of mistakes,I for that but english isnt my native language but I needed to say this or I probably would have exploded.

Have a nice day and dont be mad I didnt want to sound rude or something

Kat
Jacqs chapter 6 . 6/8/2010
Oh please - update with another chapter or 5! Please!
ladie red chapter 6 . 5/22/2010
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

You did not just leave it hanging there nearly two years ago! GAH!

I don't know how this 'verse hid from me for so many years, me, who though she'd had read everything gen, but bam, I found this today and read the whole 'verse in one. It appeased me in a way nothing else has in a long while now. It was exactly what I always search for but rarely find.

Perfect. Jess and Dean and Sam and normality and hunting and issues and angst and bonding and PERFECTION!

This is probably falling on deaf ears, one little review two years later won't help the cause, but seriously, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!
liandrin chapter 5 . 5/7/2010
:O Geez I really hope you one day come back to this 'Verse - It's wonderful! Every few months or so I come back to it, re-read it, and then hope for more! I really like the idea of Jess being with Sam (and not dying) and playing a role in the series. Please write more!

~Liandrin
Etrixan chapter 6 . 4/18/2010
This is a great 'what if' story (which is my favourite genre). You've caught the characters just right. ]
rocks and glass chapter 6 . 4/11/2010
I think this is a brilliant series of stories, brings a real character to Jess and does a good job of investigating what could really have happened in an alternative plot line.

Would very much look forward to more, if more is coming.
217 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »