Reviews for The Reader
Morning-Sunset chapter 15 . 6/24/2008
They have a prequel to Harry Potter? Really? Why was I not informed? Lol

My fave bit: He grinned at me. “Thank you. I...I think this may be the best moment of my life.”

“That’s supposed to be the actual wedding,” said Remus.

“Or the night after,” said Sirius.

James turned his sly grin to him now. “You’ll be my best man, right?”

“I was actually hoping for flower girl.”

Hahaha!

Oh but... if Lily and James are getting hitched; they'll have wittle baby Harry pretty darn soon and then- gasp! Their whoel world shattered! I wonder if Sirius'll still go to Azkaban... hmm... CAN YOU PLEASE ANSWER THAT ONE QUESTION?

Obviously, Kara knows he's innocent, I can't imagine she wouldn't go and see him in prison.

Oh yeah... I've been wondering; I know Kara can't tell anyone about the future but can she write it down? Or is that a spoiler? Hm... I'm in a very thoughtfuly mood; possibly because I've been half-asleep all day but whatever...

Morning-Sunset

p.s. I forgot to say... GREAT CHAPTER!
AudioAesthetic chapter 14 . 6/24/2008
"Anchors can’t be relied upon. If you’re going out to sea, learn how to swim."

It's little things like that insight that make me love this story. Kara is a wonderful character in that she's strong, but certainly not perfect. I actually really like that you didn't make her and Lily become best friends. It shows depth of character and proves to readers that you're not trying to turn Kara into a Mary-Sue who's going to fix everything.

There is one thing - while I realize that you've explained Kara's hesitation to get close to Peter at all, you rarely mention him. I would think he'd tag along with James, Sirius, and Remus more often. Isn't he in the original Order, too? It's almost as if you forget to put him in.

This chapter was wonderful, just like all the others. Well done. ]
JenCarpeDiem chapter 14 . 6/24/2008
Brilliant. Seriously. I'm loving this story and I really, really can't wait for the next update. Soon, please, I'm not kidding. I NEED more of this story. :)
Morning-Sunset chapter 13 . 6/23/2008
Snickers; I love Remus too, although James has a soft space in my heart but I usually count his as one person along with Sirius.

A side point, y'know when you're seeing the Marauders, I always think of them in this order, James1, Sirius2, Remus3 and Peter4.

Just a random notice; I don't know why but I just number them like that.

God, I feel so bad for Sirius and James. I know Kara doesn't think she has the right ot be upset but... SHE SORTA DOES!

Dhe did live with them for a while and they were the only parents she has in that worl.

More soon?

Ms.RoxanneWeasley chapter 13 . 6/23/2008
I really like this story! It's such an interesting idea. I really look forward to reading more! Update soon!
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 13 . 6/23/2008
OH! Well, not giving her real name nor her appearance leaves more to the imagination! ;) Once again, I absolutely love this story! I cannot wait to read more ...

And must I say, not very happy that James' parents died! :(
AudioAesthetic chapter 13 . 6/23/2008
This was very profound, especially the bit about Lily comforting James instead of Sirius. Well written, can't wait for the next one.
asdhfaeglruh chapter 12 . 6/23/2008
You know, I haven't read Potterland fanfiction in more than a year and most likely will never return to writing it again but I've had a nice little trip down memory lane with this story. I'm sort of exhausted when it comes to HP stuff, at least writing it, and there's a lot of rehashed FF out there anyway. BUT, dear, I've really come to like this.

I like the character of Kara, whose wit is somewhat similar to my own and thus have a bit of fangirlish self-insertion when it comes to Sirius. She's compatible with the Marauders without being their pretty little cheerleader, and her relationships with the rest of the wizarding world are well done. I also like how she's sort of accidental and how what could be described as her "great power" (revealing the future) is sealed up for now (and hopefully for ever, since I think that'd make for a really heart-wrenching finale). She's not mystical, all-powerful, etc., which is great for this genre. Normally I'm very iffy when it comes to homegirl-falls-into-HPland, but it's really nicely done here.

The chapter with Sirius and Kara snoozing off together was super fluffy and really awkward but that's actually really good-you really made me feel the emotion and I appreciated it. Most of the time reading HP fanfiction is like skimming a rock across a pond, but I can tell you've got a good amount of writing skill under your command and you care a bit more about the fine points. Really, it's been a long time since I've stumbled over here, and a long time since I've written HP, but I see here reasons as to why fanfiction allured to me for the series. Really well done, and I hope to see some updates really soon. Can't wait for the fateful kiss! And as you said, a kiss earned is much, much sweeter.

Great, great job.
Morning-Sunset chapter 12 . 6/22/2008
She looked crestfallen. “I know to you it must seem like I’ve been unfair. But Potter’s just so arrogant.”

“Well, so are you!” I said.

I would make the world’s worst diplomat.

“I am not like Potter,” she said angrily.

“Yes you are,” I retorted, having handed caution over to the care of a nice, steady breeze. “You’re just as arrogant as he is.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Then what’s holding you back, if not pride?”

I had her there. Lily stared at me, her mouth open for a rebuttal.

Don't know why- just love this bit of this chapter (also well loved). I'm glad you're not going to go into JamesxLily because really, relationships should be kept more private between the people in them and Kara doesn't strike me as the type of girl to get into "details" of dates so to speak though I have no doubt that James would go on and on about it.

Anyhow.

Morning-Sunset
Morning-Sunset chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For your fast updates I mean, I'm always so excited to start reading!

Anyhow, I'm running out of questions to ask you - I'm very inquisitive so I'll go with something completley unrelative to the story.

OTHER than Sirius, who is your favourite Marauder?
TorchPhoenix chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
Hello

I love your story, characters are all in character XD and I like your writing style 8D

I can't wait for an update XD!
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 10 . 6/22/2008
Oh, and I wanted to ask ... How old is Kara really? How about her real name? Or will that be part of the story later on? Just curious! :)
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
Both chapters were wonderful! And as much as I would have liked a little kiss (hehe), I still have to agree with you and Morning-Sunset ... I like where this story is going and I can be patient when it comes to the romance bit. I think this story is wonderful without it ... for now anyway! :) Hope to read more soon!
AudioAesthetic chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
I just reviewed the last chapter, but I just wanted to let you know that I love this one as well. ] Hope the next one comes soon!

~Audio
AudioAesthetic chapter 10 . 6/22/2008
Excellent chapter. I just love the way you mix fluff and playfulness with genuine emotion and gravity. I look forward to getting the Story Alert e-mail for your updates every time. ]
616 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 .. Last Next »