Reviews for The Reader
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 10 . 6/22/2008
Oh, and I wanted to ask ... How old is Kara really? How about her real name? Or will that be part of the story later on? Just curious! :)
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
Both chapters were wonderful! And as much as I would have liked a little kiss (hehe), I still have to agree with you and Morning-Sunset ... I like where this story is going and I can be patient when it comes to the romance bit. I think this story is wonderful without it ... for now anyway! :) Hope to read more soon!
AudioAesthetic chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
I just reviewed the last chapter, but I just wanted to let you know that I love this one as well. ] Hope the next one comes soon!

~Audio
AudioAesthetic chapter 10 . 6/22/2008
Excellent chapter. I just love the way you mix fluff and playfulness with genuine emotion and gravity. I look forward to getting the Story Alert e-mail for your updates every time. ]
Morning-Sunset chapter 10 . 6/22/2008
This is my favourite chapter!

It was great... wait, where was that bit I liked again? Ah yes,

“There it is again!” exclaimed Sirius suddenly. “That smell! James, is your mom working on a way to make that stuff stronger?”

I froze. In my hand was my little bottle of perfume, which I had just applied generously to my neck. But there was no way...

Remus was standing closest to me, and had a good view of my expression. Slowly, a grin began to spread across his lightly scarred face.

Don’t you dare. I can do magic now.

Before I could protest, Remus snatched the bottle out of my hand.

“Hey, Sirius!” he said.

Come on, spontaneously combust!

“Is this it?”

He tossed the bottle to Sirius, who caught it deftly. His nose twitched slightly as he sniffed it, and his eyes widened.

“Yeah! What...?”

“It’s Kara’s perfume,” Remus announced happily.

Yep!

Ah, the contest would've been a great idea only I suck at guessing refrences unless they're REALLY REALLY REALLY SMACK YOU IN YOUR FACE OBVIOUS. I have no idea why I wrote that in capitals but whatever.

Hm... another question for you, are Remus and James gonna play matchmaker at all in this? And are Lily and James gonna get together after the holidays? They will be in their seventh year, yes?

Morning-Sunset
Marianne chapter 9 . 6/21/2008
HI! Well my english sucks but I have to say that you has developed quite well the argument of this fic, to be honest the first time I read the summary my first thought was the argument werent good enough but wow! you've got a great fic here, that should teach me not judge a book by its cover , it's very funny and I let you know Kara is one of my favourites oc she seems really intelligent with a strong character and I also like the way you portrayed Sirius adn James.

I'll be waiting for the next chap.
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 9 . 6/21/2008
O I loved it! Too cute and soo sweet! I was kind of hoping for a kiss, but I'm sure there's plenty of time for that! ;)

I can't wait to read more soon! This is one of the only stories I'm excited about receiving chapter updates about! Please keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to another chapter soon!
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 8 . 6/21/2008
I was a pleasant surprise ... especially because I didn't get a notification in my email about this chapter. So when I got the notification about chapter 9, I was excited to have two chapters! :)
TheDarkSky chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Wow, I love this story. I can't wait to see where it's going..

And I Love Kara, her personality, her humour..everything, It's Great!

Please update!

That sound you hear in the distance? That’s me mentally crashing to the floor.

lol great
Morning-Sunset chapter 9 . 6/21/2008
Aw, I'm flattered you love my theory.

Just so you know; I'm totally fine with you stealing it (so long as I get a special mention in the chapter ;P, lol)

No, seriously, if you have an idea you prefer or that is simply better... you go with it but if you like my idea, you have my blessing.

You know... I think this is the only story I have ever reviewed every chapter for... hm, just goes to show how much I love ya! lol

Anyhow... my favourite bit of this chapter you ask? Well you didn't actually ask but anyway...

“I find you very attractive, which makes this difficult, because you’re my friend. Which, from what I overheard, seems to be all you see me as. I think that’s best, because I don’t do well with girls. Never have. But I want you to understand that the only reason I haven’t tried to shag you senseless is because I care so much about you.”

That sound you hear in the distance? That’s me mentally crashing to the floor.

Being Sirius, he couldn’t just leave it there. “Don’t think I haven’t thought about it though.”

Don’t think I haven’t either.

He was giving me an odd look.

Wait...

“I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

That's it right there. Update soon?

Thank you!

Morning-Sunset

p.s. it definitly had enough fluff in it; I appreciate that you don't go rushing into a relationship between them because that would end up being very cliche so taking things slowly like this is much better for your story. If you love someone, you love them more having had to work to be together.

sigh. I'm off now..
AudioAesthetic chapter 9 . 6/20/2008
Hey, no problem! I really enjoy this story. I like it because it's going slowly in the development of the relationships between Kara and the other characters, there are real emotions that someone would have when completely unable to go back home (instead of just, "What, I'm in this magical world that is completely unfamiliar to me? YES FINALLY!") and I'm actually interested in what is going to happen to her. I can't say that this happens a lot for me with OC's, so you did well.

Keep it up!
Morning-Sunset chapter 7 . 6/20/2008
Keeping my voice down this time, I said, “James, I can’t impose on your family like that.”

“Why not? Sirius does?”

I raised an eyebrow at Sirius, who was scowling at James.

I also re-read that a lot. Again, one of the wittiest things I've ever read- you're an amzing writer, you know that?

Oh dear... this is the last chappie I get to review till you send out another chapter. Oh and... the last chapter and this one too for that matter... STUNNING PIECES OF LITER-ATURE!

xx

Can't wait for another chapter to review randomly. Lol. I hope SiriusxKara fluff decides to make an appearance soon.
Morning-Sunset chapter 6 . 6/20/2008
Hm... Forgive-Me-Severus had a very good question...

Sigh, I'm guessing we'll just haev to wait and see, right?

Morning-Sunset chapter 5 . 6/20/2008
And you are an open book. Okay, maybe that wasn’t funny.

Took me a while to get that, lol,

“Kara, he’s in the hospital wing,” Sirius reasoned. “And he’s already angry at himself that he could have hurt you.”

“Which is exactly why I need to see him on my own terms, sans escort,” I said firmly. “I don’t want him to think for a minute that you forced me to go see him.” Sirius’ jaw dropped. James’ eyes widened a bit. Peter was shuffling about in the corner somewhere. As usual, I ignored him. “Remus is the closest thing I have to a friend in this place. I owe it to him to go, myself, and tell him I’m not angry, hurt, or put out in any way.”

AW! This made Kara go way up on my favourite heroines list.

“Good.” I stood up to go, but paused before moving around the curtain. “If you really feel the need to make it up to me, tell my jailors to back off. I already have a shadow, and I like it just fine, thank you.”

And that is possibly the wittiest thing I have ever read. I can NEVER write in a tone as amusing and dry as that.

I'd take of my hat to you... if I had one.

I'll just go now...