Reviews for The Reader
Marianne chapter 9 . 6/21/2008
HI! Well my english sucks but I have to say that you has developed quite well the argument of this fic, to be honest the first time I read the summary my first thought was the argument werent good enough but wow! you've got a great fic here, that should teach me not judge a book by its cover , it's very funny and I let you know Kara is one of my favourites oc she seems really intelligent with a strong character and I also like the way you portrayed Sirius adn James.

I'll be waiting for the next chap.
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 9 . 6/21/2008
O I loved it! Too cute and soo sweet! I was kind of hoping for a kiss, but I'm sure there's plenty of time for that! ;)

I can't wait to read more soon! This is one of the only stories I'm excited about receiving chapter updates about! Please keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to another chapter soon!
Forgive-Me-Severus chapter 8 . 6/21/2008
I was a pleasant surprise ... especially because I didn't get a notification in my email about this chapter. So when I got the notification about chapter 9, I was excited to have two chapters! :)
TheDarkSky chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Wow, I love this story. I can't wait to see where it's going..

And I Love Kara, her personality, her humour..everything, It's Great!

Please update!

That sound you hear in the distance? That’s me mentally crashing to the floor.

lol great
Morning-Sunset chapter 9 . 6/21/2008
Aw, I'm flattered you love my theory.

Just so you know; I'm totally fine with you stealing it (so long as I get a special mention in the chapter ;P, lol)

No, seriously, if you have an idea you prefer or that is simply better... you go with it but if you like my idea, you have my blessing.

You know... I think this is the only story I have ever reviewed every chapter for... hm, just goes to show how much I love ya! lol

Anyhow... my favourite bit of this chapter you ask? Well you didn't actually ask but anyway...

“I find you very attractive, which makes this difficult, because you’re my friend. Which, from what I overheard, seems to be all you see me as. I think that’s best, because I don’t do well with girls. Never have. But I want you to understand that the only reason I haven’t tried to shag you senseless is because I care so much about you.”

That sound you hear in the distance? That’s me mentally crashing to the floor.

Being Sirius, he couldn’t just leave it there. “Don’t think I haven’t thought about it though.”

Don’t think I haven’t either.

He was giving me an odd look.

Wait...

“I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

That's it right there. Update soon?

Thank you!

Morning-Sunset

p.s. it definitly had enough fluff in it; I appreciate that you don't go rushing into a relationship between them because that would end up being very cliche so taking things slowly like this is much better for your story. If you love someone, you love them more having had to work to be together.

sigh. I'm off now..
AudioAesthetic chapter 9 . 6/20/2008
Hey, no problem! I really enjoy this story. I like it because it's going slowly in the development of the relationships between Kara and the other characters, there are real emotions that someone would have when completely unable to go back home (instead of just, "What, I'm in this magical world that is completely unfamiliar to me? YES FINALLY!") and I'm actually interested in what is going to happen to her. I can't say that this happens a lot for me with OC's, so you did well.

Keep it up!
Morning-Sunset chapter 7 . 6/20/2008
Keeping my voice down this time, I said, “James, I can’t impose on your family like that.”

“Why not? Sirius does?”

I raised an eyebrow at Sirius, who was scowling at James.

I also re-read that a lot. Again, one of the wittiest things I've ever read- you're an amzing writer, you know that?

Oh dear... this is the last chappie I get to review till you send out another chapter. Oh and... the last chapter and this one too for that matter... STUNNING PIECES OF LITER-ATURE!

xx

Can't wait for another chapter to review randomly. Lol. I hope SiriusxKara fluff decides to make an appearance soon.
Morning-Sunset chapter 6 . 6/20/2008
Hm... Forgive-Me-Severus had a very good question...

Sigh, I'm guessing we'll just haev to wait and see, right?

Morning-Sunset chapter 5 . 6/20/2008
And you are an open book. Okay, maybe that wasn’t funny.

Took me a while to get that, lol,

“Kara, he’s in the hospital wing,” Sirius reasoned. “And he’s already angry at himself that he could have hurt you.”

“Which is exactly why I need to see him on my own terms, sans escort,” I said firmly. “I don’t want him to think for a minute that you forced me to go see him.” Sirius’ jaw dropped. James’ eyes widened a bit. Peter was shuffling about in the corner somewhere. As usual, I ignored him. “Remus is the closest thing I have to a friend in this place. I owe it to him to go, myself, and tell him I’m not angry, hurt, or put out in any way.”

AW! This made Kara go way up on my favourite heroines list.

“Good.” I stood up to go, but paused before moving around the curtain. “If you really feel the need to make it up to me, tell my jailors to back off. I already have a shadow, and I like it just fine, thank you.”

And that is possibly the wittiest thing I have ever read. I can NEVER write in a tone as amusing and dry as that.

I'd take of my hat to you... if I had one.

I'll just go now...

Morning-Sunset chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
Dum, dum, dee, dum.

Oh right... grins, GREAT CHAPTER!

HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO I HAVE TO PRAISE YOUR AWESOMENESS FOR IT TO GET THROUGH TO YOU?

Lol

Morning-Sunset chapter 3 . 6/20/2008
“You need to be taught a lesson,” said Snape. There was something in his voice. Something that made the hair on the back on my neck rise. I wondered if I should warn them. He was calm for a reason. It was the sort of calm that comes from the making of a long put-off decision.

“And I suppose you’re the one to do it?” asked Sirius in a bored voice.

Snape smiled. It wasn’t pleasant. Then, astonishingly, he turned to me.

“Aren’t you frightened?” he asked, evil smile widening.

“Frightened?” I said, stunned.

“I would be if I was sitting next to a werewolf.”

It was like the room imploded on itself, the tension level rose so fast. I heard Sirius hiss behind me, felt Remus stiffen at my side, and heard the scrape of a chair as someone stood up slowly. A fight was about to ensue.

I was way ahead of them.

I raised an eyebrow at Snape, whose eyes had never left my face. Then, I leaned to the left, craning my neck to see out the window. It was a perfectly cloudless day, and I took a moment to soak that in.

Then I straightened up in my desk and turned back to Snape, meeting his now confused expression without a trace of fear.

“Sorry, don’t see it,” I said.

His brow furrowed. “See what?”

“The full moon,” I said, indicating the window. Then I let my eyes widen a little dramatically. “Unless of course you expect me to be afraid of him the three hundred and forty-four days out of the year he’s not dangerous.”

That was my favourite bit in this chapter; I re-read it like five times. I always imagined that I'd say something like that to Snape... he's a bit of a git although I have a soft spot for him after book seven.
Morning-Sunset chapter 2 . 6/20/2008
Uh; I re-read the prologue and realized it didn't fit in with my theory. At least not entirely.

Was I even a little bit close?

Wonderful chapter!
Morning-Sunset chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Hey; I sent you a review for your last chapter but I saw how few reviews you had and though that a story as wonderful as this deserved more. So I'm gonna go review every other chapter.

Love this story!

Love Kara!

Love... uh everything.
Morning-Sunset chapter 8 . 6/20/2008
W-O-W.

I just finished catching up with your story and had an epiphany about my theory as to what might happen when Siirus falls through the veil; I think that Kara will probably be dead and will return to her Muggle world as if nothing happened and then ta-da! A couple of years later, Siirus is on the scene and they live happily ever after.

I love happy endings! Great chapter- Kara is probably my favourite OC. I love how unique she is and the two-sided conversations she has in her head remind me of my own...lol...

Anyway; update soon? Please? For me? Puppy-dog face (think wolf-like shaggy puppy a la Snuffles)

Morning-Sunset