Reviews for A New Spin on an Old Story
InfluenceIngrid chapter 21 . 4/28/2012
Okay. I'm sorry but I have to do this. It's freaking 4:48 AM here and I'm reading this and I am not stopping until I finish this so I have to just let this out: YOU ARE A REAL WRITER. NOT BECAUSE YOU WRITE WELL, bu because of the emotions that you make your readers feel. I just seriously HAAAAAAAATE the way the atory's turning out, but I guess it's for the best, since it really does make the reader pissed so they need like a bit of salvation so they keep on reading. Goodness but i have had enough of that BIYOTCH corner. Seriously. I have never been so pissed in all my life. And that makes you a grea writer. Please keep up the great work.
SlytherinGurrl chapter 36 . 4/3/2012
I just spent the last 3 hours reading this and I LOVED IT...LOL..great job!

Cheers,

Katia
Oceanus Draconis chapter 36 . 3/26/2012
I love this story so much. It's so realistic, so dramatic, so touching and extremely romantic. I like the flow of this story, and the plot, because it's so Hermione. Not to mention, Draco-ish too. I was going to cry in the thirty-fourth chapter, but I forced myself not to. Anyway, as said earlier, this is perfect. It's as good as 'A Marriage Most Convenient' and 'A Familiar Place'. You are a talented author, and I am amazed that one can write so excellently.

Florence :]
Domina Draconis chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
*SPOILER-ISH*

I must say I'm disappointed with this story. I was really looking forward to it, but the plot seemed to drag a bit. The fact that Draco could almost take advantage of Hermione's feelings and not tell her his feelings in return is just selfish. Yes, Draco is selfish but given his OOC personality, it wasn't exactly beneficial nor fitting in this situation.

He hurt her so many times within the first 17 chapters and all she did was cry a bit, go on a date with someone else, cry a little more, then go back to Draco and repeat. It is so un-Hermione like, and exhausting for a reader sometimes.

I did not get to finish your story, but I do hope to because I was very interested in the plot itself and even enjoying a sweet/OOC Draco.
wongderlust chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Omg. Why didn't I find you sooner?

THIS IS PERFECTION AND I'VE ONLY READ ONE CHAPTER! Made me pause and giggle so many times LOL. I don't care that I have finals testing tomorrow. I'm determined to read your masterpiece.
jellybeanqueen321 chapter 14 . 10/24/2011
I adore your story ! The most real one I've come across in ages plus the whole idioms thing you've got going is different & so interesting :p love the connections to their love story & where they're both at in that moment. Thank you for not rushing them & letting them find their way to each other ! I can so relate to a lot of the things Hermione thinks too, both of them have so much more depth than usual, and so for once I'm not too impatient for the smut to start already haha ;) i'm actually interested in their internal monologues, and even though I know they'll end up together, what they go through & feel is still unpredictable, thanks to you & your amazing story-telling skills !

alright, better go do homework now, I am way too attached to dramione haha ! thanks again for your lovely story :)) i cant wait to read more tomorrow when I have more timeeee woo!

love, jellybeanqueen (:
kriskhil chapter 36 . 10/3/2011
they kept going around in circles but they still end up married YAY

this made me laugh and cry. great fic
RedBear5 chapter 36 . 9/28/2011
*Spoilers* I'm disappointed in the ending for this one.

I love that Draco realized that Hermione was his wife in many ways, even without the marriage ceremony. But the jump from this belief to being married, and having no reactions to their commitment ceremony from others made this ending appear forced.

Marriage is an ancient ritual, derived from funeral ceremonies, when the bride no longer sees her family. Other then the implied promise of raising children together within the laws of the state, (and religion for religious ceremonies) it was about the distribution of resources. Marriage is no longer the only way to make this promise to society.

The commitment ceremony you devised was excellent, and personal to the couple. Moving the story back into the social sphere, without describing the jump, makes me feel cheated. I would love to have seen their parent's reactions to this flip flop.

You had a great plot line going with the dual writers, but dropped this as soon as Hermione found out who the male author was. It could still have been used as a tool for public reaction to their ongoing drama.

The scenes as written are fine, but the plot drags as personal doubts by each are flogged. The potential scope provided by other players was never realized as other players are used to drag out the doubts, but have no further purpose then listening. (frequently)

This reads more like your personal story written by you as a participant, with your dream ending, rather then your normal ability to enchant readers with thoughtful characters and interesting plot lines. This story deserves to be told, but could use a good edit for the entire piece vs. a chapter by chapter review.

Sorry for being harsh, with so little praise for a favorite story, but it wouldn't be fair to you to pretend that this story does justice to the standard you have displayed in other tales.

thanks

Red Bear
mei-mei321 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
nice
Loufoca-Granger chapter 36 . 4/22/2011
Here I am. Another story of you that I read and absolutely love ! You have such a way to write that we are obliged to love your stories.

I've love it from the beginning to the end. And sometimes I wanted to slap Hermione...or Draco but most often Hermione, especially when they went to camp.

There were sometimes annoying both of them : one wants to get married, the other doesn't and then it's the contrary lol So Draco and Hermione !

But I have to say that I was surprised but the epilogue. I thought there were going to stay un-married, but I liked it this way too.

Directly on my favourite list !
bertney1006 chapter 36 . 3/18/2011
wait... what? for some reason, this chapter was REALLY REALLY CONFUSING O_O"

haha whatever, i'll live :P

well, the story was really good(: a bit long, but not as long as some other ones ive read. ._.

sometimes i wanted to kill draco and hermione and everyone else in the story XD it just made me so frustrated sometimes. YTF was srsly repeating in my head the whole time ;_;

anyway... i loved the story!~ :D
bertney1006 chapter 24 . 3/18/2011
OHMYGODDD FINALLYYYYYYYYY. ugh sometimes i just wanna strangle all the characters -_-x LOL.
writersz cramp chapter 36 . 12/15/2010
Ive been reading this story of yours on and off for a few months to be frank the immediate storyline (eg the span of one to three chapters) are quite tedious/ thats why i needed time to think about how does those mere events affect the overall plot of the story/ safe to say that i truly created a poem with your "new spin on an old story" because this is indeed a real life love story/ when we read love stories they tend to be romanticized and piling the lovey dovey parts but the things you said with your characters is so clear to me because i feel like that too/ i feel the confusion and conflict when i do wrong to other people yet i know that i dont mean any of those things/ i also can sympathize with the lack of communication between draco and hermione sometimes when im reading about their arguments its like seeing my real life reenacted/ it just made such a lasting impression on me/

Don't worry, I don't usually type like this. But you know when you have a lot of thoughts buzzing in your head, mere sentence structures tend to box in many of your thoughts. So I just let it all spill out, unadulterated. I just want you to know that your story has made a significant impact on me. :)
myriammar chapter 36 . 10/10/2010
Great fanfic!
ChaosKeks chapter 3 . 9/19/2010
I only started reading this, like, four minutes ago but I already think this is absolutely amazing. First off, I totally adore your writing style.

And second, I just love the story line! I don't know, it should be made into a movie or something...

Anyways, keep the good work up!
1,887 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »