Reviews for Flukes and Lilacs
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 6 . 1/21/2010
Sweet and funny.

"Lance Constable, you do not have sex on duty"

That cracked me up!
reaperofthewinds chapter 6 . 7/14/2008
Well done, a very good piece and I really enjoyed reading it. I have a feeling that events from then on would have probaly unfolded much like the real timeline and, despite everything, Sybil and Sam would eventually have gotten together during the dragon episode.

As a result of reading this i now want to write an idea I have been thinking about for some time. You will probably work out which one it is if you care to look at my profile when I publish it.

Anyway, well done and thank you.

~Reaper of the Winds.
eruthiel chapter 6 . 6/26/2008
We! Rarely have I been more excited at the possibilities opened up be a fanfic. Is Sam later driven by a sort of ambition to make it to Commander, like Havelock suggested, so he can win Sybil back? Or does he give up on life, having lost the first girl he ever loved? Or does he forget all about her and let istory take its course? Does Sybil decide not to ever get involved with a boy again because it's too painful? Or to marry someone in her own class because it's just so much easier? Or move to Genua, for no reason other than I like the idea?

Maybe Sam actually quits the force due to the combined misery of losing Sybil and his, uh, older self, and also as an act of defiance against what Havelock implied, ie that he could make it to Commander? We! Sorry, I've rambled too long. On to actually reviewing the final chapter.

Havelock! Yay! I thought he might pop up in this. I was so pleased at the way you did him. Maybe he was a bit too casual, but I don't really care, because Sam's reaction to him was just adorable. You SO have to write a sequel. D *big chocolatey eyes* Pretty please?
Ronnu chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Your story is awesome! Please write more! Hey check out my story queen of spades under bridge to first chapter isnt as long as yours but trust me its awesome! please review and tell ur friends!
eruthiel chapter 4 . 6/25/2008
Oh noes! Carcer! I hadn't thought of him, I was too engaged in the whole wow-it's-young-Sam-and-Sybil thing. Really good story; romantic, riveting, semi-colon-enducing...

I like any story that gives me an excuse to use a semi-colon. XD Bonus points for that.
eruthiel chapter 3 . 6/25/2008
OMG! It's so sad! And yet amusing at the same time - Vimes giving himself The Talk! Lol. I must see what happens next. X)
Gandalf the Beige chapter 6 . 6/25/2008
An interesting concept, and one that I had imagined briefly (theoretically only, for the rather large problem of Lord Ramkin was of immediate concern), but need the future change all that much, if indeed this is vimes correct past at all?

For instance, the experience may lie low for years, with the old memories partially explaining Sybils spinsterhood and the "brung low by a woman" remark. In fact, Vimes could be halfway up Scoone avenue with the dragon foot-cast before the name and street ring any bells and he goes "Oh Sod!"

It's entirely possible (not probable but possible) that all that's changed is that there are a few changed conversations, some semi-amusing face-hiding and new memories on Vimes part.

Of course, it's more likely that Vimes's irrevecobly damned his own future... but you always have to look at every possiblity.
eruthiel chapter 2 . 6/25/2008
Ahahah. Funny stuff. I think there are backwards echoes, sort of thing, forming a link between the two of them that otherwise wouldn't be there but exists because of the fact that they will, in the future, fall in love. (*dramatic voice* Or will they? Dun-dun-dun.) Or maybe they're just being teenagers...
Skykhanhunter chapter 6 . 6/24/2008
This I loved! What a class story. Keep up your writings and good luck in the future.

regards Skykhanhunter
P'tfami chapter 5 . 6/24/2008
Good stuff this. Its a rivetting take on the events of Night Watch though I'm curious as to how this will end. I don't think Vimes can take a room full of children/grandchildren when he gets home.
eruthiel chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Wo. ) I liked that. It was really sad when she called him dreadful! T-T The teenage Sam's reaction was cute and funny. Good fic.