Reviews for The Prince and the Faery Queen
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
ooh. intersting take on legolas's sea longing. o sounds like an intersting ballad.
vectis chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
I have known this story for many years and really enjoyed your version of events. Your tale was certainly not as menacing as some versions I have heard but the mistaken identity of Legolas, which caused the Queen to lose her Tithe to Hell, was a great twist. Have not heard the song version you refered to, will try to find it, but my favourite was recorded by Steeleye Span.
Larner chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Ah, a satisfying blending of legend with the Tolkien legendarium. Love the irony of the fact that as the Faerie Queene got the wrong one, Legolas is free afterward to snub his nose at her. She didn't get the Elf King she'd intended to pay her tithe with; Legolas Thranduilion is free; and the apples may be freely taken now without finding oneself dragged into unwilling hostage status in such an odd court.

Nicely done, Peregrin Ionad.
Celegorm chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Me thinks Janet is an idiot. she does not seem to know even the most basic things about her world.

And I am afraid that Tam Lin and this whole story line you are working with, it stolen from Marie Pope's Perilous Gard.

That is an excellent book, but this story is not. Leave Legolas out of it and write your own original story that is not bound by fan fiction. You will haver better luck.

Hastily,