Reviews for A Great Cause for Concern
TigressJade chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
I agree with Galadriel, anyone showing up on those shores who wasn't an elf was going to get the third degree. Gimli did some pretty awesome things to save everyone, as did Aragorn and Legolas. They all deserve the priveledge of being allowed into Valinor. Even if Aragorn will never be able to make the trip. I'd forgotten, because it's been years since I've read the extra stories and indexes in the back of Tolkien's books, that an elf had created the dwarves. Well, an elf that was above the others and a bit more immortal.

This was a nice little one shot that highlighted how Legolas and Gimli's story likely ended once they reached the shores of the continent beyond. You really captured the characterization and the atmosphere pretty well. It's a good fic, and a good read.
ImagingThings chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Nice story! Nice to see the reaction of the Valar!
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
Nice. Finnaly someone wrotes about what actually happend when they arrive. Not many do this and it is nice to read it now.

The way you wrote it is nice as well.

Good job
Deathcas chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Excellent story. You displayed their emotions well, and I don't think I saw any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Awesome work! Keep doing your best!
PeppyPower chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I don't know why I did not review this, since it has been one of my favs those last weeks *grin*. So now I am finally caught up on this story too! I don't have much to add that the other reviewers haven't already said - I agree that you've done a great job of capturing Lasse's "inner voice and conflict". I've read several of your stories, and I have to say that your writing is extremely beautiful and unique, and has a sort of Silmarillion and LotR feeling towards it (much like Thundera Tiger has a LotR feeling towards her stories). Yes, I need to give you that compliment.

On the leaf and stone list, I just read that you don't have your characters eat much *laughs*. Well, since I would put poor Lasse in bed, recovering, most of all times, he'll only get oatmeal in my fics. Why yes, he asked for strawberry pastries in one of my stories, but our Master Healer Lord Elrond denied. Pray tell, he should know better than the Greenwood child. I just wrote a gapfiller for Jedi Sapphire's fics (she is my writing buddy and Fiondil, my beta, lives with us on the farm)in which I indeed elaborate on the healer/patient relationship (not yet posted, but beta'ed...it is good to have the beta living with you).

As I said, I do love your writing style and technique. But my illness often keeps me from reviewing, that is. But know, dear Alassante, that I am a fan of yours and that I closely follow your tales. They have made lonely, sad nights in hospital worth living, indeed.

Nina aka PeppyPower *hugs*
La-p'tite-tete chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
What a good reason to stay in Aman! Very well done! Thanks.
SivanShemesh chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
Poor Legolas, i love when you played with him...

Glad that Galadriel was there, if she hasn't i could smell trouble... grin.

Thank you for writing it. I enjoyed to read it.

*Hugs*

Sivan Shemesh
GalynSolo chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Very, very nice. I've been looking for a piece like this, of when Gimli and Legolas arrived and what their welcome would be. The last two lines especially meant the most and are undoubtedly true concerning those two. Thanks for this!
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
I just have to say again, meldenya, that this is a wonderful look on what would happen when Legolas shows up with a dwarf in tow. *grin* Excellent!
Lady Akyrial chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
This was good. I liked the focus and the points of view. FanFiction can be good without the Mary Sues! Thank you.
Ellynn chapter 1 . 6/18/2008