Reviews for Tempting the Fates
sammie28 chapter 6 . 4/29/2010
Still working on getting through all your stories, but I had to stop to say this:

"'I don't want to be the one to have to explain to Johnson how his bird got additional air conditioning.'"

Best line EVER. Very Rivers.
rainefan chapter 14 . 7/30/2008
Another great story. The tension built very well, and the outcome was more than satisfactory.

I have two minor quibbles though. First, wouldn't an examination of Caitlin's car have revealed that the kids weren't in it? (That's the CSI-fan in me coming out...) And second, I got very confused for a bit near the end which Michael/Mike was where and who was getting shot at or captured. But, I managed to figure it out.

Your stories are very hard to put down. Which is a good thing!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 14 . 7/18/2008
Very well done.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 12 . 7/18/2008
"Scanning audio, String was quick to hear the words he shouted into the wind despite Airwolf’s downdraft ripping at their clothes."

Wow. Starting right here until the end of the chapter, I could see this as clearly as if it were an episode.

"Uh, uh, uh"-Ha, that was priceless.

I was a little confused as to who was doing what in a few places (for a few terrible moments I was sure that Michael had been shot until I reread the sentence), so take extra care to be clear in those areas.

Other than that, this is fab!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 11 . 7/18/2008
Yeah! Nicky's got the talent-the same one that made his father look to the sky in alarm when Dom's bird went down in Mexico all those years ago! And it looks like he's got an even larger dose of it than Hawke...

'Angelwolf.' Oh I like that. I really, really like that.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 10 . 7/18/2008
When Hawke started Airwolf up in the Lair I could see the startup sequence with all the dials... *g* Oh, the geekery knows no bounds.

The escape from the hospital was very well done. When the elevator opened I was sure it wsa Zebra Squad. Glad it wasn't...
Lady Razorsharp chapter 9 . 7/18/2008
Gah! This is not good...
zeilfanaat chapter 14 . 6/26/2008
I loved this story, and the previous one. They're great!

Are you going to write more?

zeilfanaat
airwolf addict chapter 13 . 6/25/2008
Enjoyed it especially Mike's remarks.
Bethhawke chapter 14 . 6/25/2008
Another good story. I liked the way you brought the children back and we learn a bit more about their personalities. Definitely Hawkes ;-)
airwolf addict chapter 12 . 6/24/2008
Glad things finally seem to be looking up, but i have to admit i was getting worried there for a minute. Keep up the good work )
Lady Razorsharp chapter 8 . 6/24/2008
W00t W00t Hawkes (and a Wolf) to the rescue! *g* Very nice.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 7 . 6/24/2008
'inside voice, inside voice'-LOL!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 5 . 6/24/2008
Oh, thank God! They're okay...

Boy, Nicky is a brave kid...his Uncle Dom would be proud. *g*
Enfleurage chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
I reminded of the Stress Scale we talked about in college. This is like all of those major stresses combined into a few short weeks.

The pace contributes to the feeling of being overwhelmed and confused, but some more details wouldn't go amiss. Caitlin's in ICU, Marella's unconcsious, Seb's arrested - that's all we know. Surely our heroes know more than that.

Were the kids killed? Or more simply, were their bodies found? Michael and Hawke and St. John would certainly know that.

What's actually wrong with Caitlin and Marella? I can't imagine any of them not demanding details, treatment plans, prognoses.

Plenty of trauma and associated reaction. Could do with a little more of the consequences.