Reviews for People Are People
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
A great story. Very good.
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
...I have a question. It's okay to answer me truthfully; I won't tell another soul.

Does the title of this fic owe anything to the Depeche Mode song of the same name?

Anyway, this was amusing. I never watched the old Get Smart as a wee sprog, which is actually kind of strange, as I watched pretty much everything else they used to show on Nick at Night and TV Land, but I watched the new movie and found it enjoyable in a popcorn kind of way. This is a fun little note, very fitting as far as I can tell, but peppered with your trademark insanity. And I mean that in the best possible way, I really do.

I see your assassin could not resist the raw masuline sexuality that is Patrick Warburton, but then again, who could? (Joke. Just a joke.)

Anyway, I'm glad you like my reviews. I'm retired from fanfiction for the forseeable future as well, but it's nice to keep my hand in the game.

That's what she said.
Alex Wert chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Well, I can't let you post something without me reading and commenting on it. I didn't see the Get Smart movie. I liked the tv show when I was growing up, but the commercials for the movie really looked awful. If the writing in the movie is anything like what you've written here - yeah, that's probably not possible... so I don't have to finish that sentence, I guess.

I can truly picture a Maxwell Smart-Michael Scott hybrid here. Sadly, your Maxwell Smart is nearly identical to my dad. Not my dad's Maxwell Smart, but just him.
ChrisR chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Wow, you were pretty quick off the mark with this! Fan fiction based on the movie was not something I expected to see but you've done a good job here of capturing its rather different tone.
vesperlynds chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Great story.
ktface3 chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Yay! I was so disappointed that I hadn't seen Get Smart yet when you posted this, but now that I have I can picture it all wonderfully! You really captured Max's voice, especially how he was so nonchalant about an assassin dying in his room; it was great how he just struck up a conversation with him. And the ending was great, how the assassin could still dole out words of wisdom even as he was dying. And you even snuck in a That's What She Said! Little touches like that are what make you one of my favorite writers. Great job!
texashoser chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
This is good. I love the fact you wrote this based off seeing the movie because I totally enjoyed the movie.

I laughed at Max having a conversation with KAOS agent. It's something I'm sure that's happened in the show if I remember correctly. Or along the same lines anyway.

And you stuck in a 'That's what she said'.

Great work.