Reviews for The Race of the Snowbirds
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 5 . 7/8/2008
Whoops,

Meant to write Twilight 20!
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 5 . 7/7/2008
Heh,

Liked the cache...though it seems to bear a certain similarity to a cache in a old Twilight 20 adventure...I also liked the interplay with the characters, Marion was at her usual sarcastic best, and Fellisana, she has hope going for her, let's just hope she doesn't lose some of her wild streak, it makes the character, she just needs to realize it's ok to let other folks in.
RougeBaron chapter 5 . 7/7/2008
Of course, the cache. The Apple Mac 275 is interesting, considering Apple lives until Star League. I'm not a big fan of chemical weapons, but in a tight battle like this it can give an advantage for the Snowbirds. But if they do use it, they'll make a Saddam Hussein of themselves. So... it's interesting what they'll do with it.
Kat Wylder chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
*claps* Now there's a clever plot twist! I'm guessing this explains precisely how Erik Kerensky knew about the tunnels now. The tie-in to Sheila's family history makes for a pretty interesting turn of events, too.

Also, apologies for disappearing from the R&R crowd. I didn't realize you were updating your stories again.
MosinM38 chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
Good chapter. And ah...I forgot, I was assuming more Snowbirds had been killed than mentioned, considering the odds they faced ;)

As for the chemical weapons...Eh..I wouldn't want to sue them...but in the end if it came down to saving my unit, or using them...Bye-bye chem weapons... I could see stashing them in the tunnels, and luring Wolves into them, then collapsing the outside sealing them in with poisen...BUT...even if it wasn't delivered that way...WOuldn't battlemechs filter the air? Unless those components were destroyed by enemy fire, or breachs in armor.

Ah...Brian Caches are great...To bad there wasn't a few old Starleague mechs lying around :D

The aftermath of battles is horrific compared to the battles themselves...Everyone loses something...
FraserMage chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
Chemical Weapons? Hmm, What are the odds of finding an Unfinished Castle Brian... Though, The second someone started talking about Star League Relics I was like, Hmm Star League Supply cashe.

Hmm, Good Chapter.
SulliMike23 chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
HOLY CATS! A Star League Cache! If the Wolves found out that the Snowbirds found it, they'd be REALLY Pissed off more than they are now. But even more; by pure coincidence it was stored by Sheila's anscestor. The only bad part, is that it also hides chemical weapons. Now the question is...what does Sheila intend to do with them. Not use them, I hope.
Kat Wylder chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Nice view of the Wolves' side of things. I always find the strategic angle of a battle to be very interesting.

As to jumpship charge time...Flashpoint provided a pretty good explanation of the specifics. But it *generally* takes about one week for a jumpdrive to recharge. This is FASA fiziks, not real hyperspace physics. ;)
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Hey Sentinel! Well DONE!

I posted another review under my real name (Jason Weiser) and well, I liked this chapter. Good to see the Wolves recover from their initial screw up. Now that Eric is most likely, dead, or best, on the wrong side of the door, his cluster is going to have some problems.

I agree with you on Marion, but on the other hand, she's not getting any younger, and now that Myasa's probably leaving home soon, I think it wouldn't be too far out of line, and Myasa might even approve. I think Marion would just go about it different than Elfa.
Flashpoint chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Now that was a mercifully quick update.

Pit of Hell... fitting title for this chapter.

It's going to get worse, right? Or will they finally get a break?
SulliMike23 chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
What a mess...the Snowbirds were devastated in this attack. But how did the Wolves find the mines! That's what I wanna know.
MosinM38 chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
BAHAHAHAHA. First to see it :P

Lol..I happened to be skimming some stories, and when I looked, there was #4 ;)

Okay...Good chapter. I sortof figured Kaatha would do a suicide charge to save everyone else in this battle. Um. Can't keep track of who else got nailed. No-one important though I don't think? possibly Senefa? I don't think so though.

Ah...I love mech battles...

I will make one (Un-story related comment). In the games I have played, the Gargoyle/Man O' War, is a pitifully under-armed mech. They sound great, look great, but whenever I use one I get my ass handed to me ;)

Ah... can't wait for the next chapter. One cluster pretty mangled, one to go, with the remnants of both still equelling the Snowbirds...Still gonna be a tough fight ;)
MosinM38 chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
Good chapter.

I (Still) like the combination of humor, then grim seriousness.

Although I doubt you will head down the road (2? Snowbird chapters to go?), I personally would get a blast out of Marion having even a minor fling...after all the S* she has given, there would be some retribution ;)

A tough situation...I am betting that Max has a tough fight, although who knows. All-in-all on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter :D
Flashpoint chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
I agree with RougeBaron, Max might be in for a bad fight. But then again I doubt that Sheila's forces will get away this easily. They're already damaged and still have a long road ahead of them.

It's such a pity Sheila couldn't take Radick along. Since she already has a Falcon she could start a collection of Clanners... But then the Wolves and the Falcons are not exactly friends and Senefa and Kenberg would probably be at each other's throats constantly. Could have been fun, though. :)

Keep writing, the suspense is killing me!
RougeBaron chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
Wow, that was an easy fight with the Wolf. But they're just recon team, and panicking like that, they're probably sibbies. I'm a little worried about Max though. If Sheila meets the easy ones, the hard ones could be on the other side (Max's side). The tension starts rising.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »