Reviews for The Race of the Snowbirds
SulliMike23 chapter 3 . 6/29/2008
Sheesh, even the Clans have some eager beavers in their ranks. I'm afraid my French is a little rusty.
RougeBaron chapter 2 . 6/27/2008
I agree with the other reviewers, this is a bold and dangerous plan. If the Wolves found out, they could block both exits and trap the Snowbirds in the middle. But if they succeeded, they could catch the Wolves off guard and minimize casualties. So let's see how everything would turn out.

It seems almost everybody found a partner in the Snowbird. What happened to Bien and the mohawk girl?
MosinM38 chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
Great to see another chapter.

It's good to see Dowlings replacement...Dowling only had a couple of fly-by spots, but I always enjoyed those parts. Interesting character, and when you hear one in person (No offence) their accent almost makes you wanna laugh. (No offence intended again, I know a a few people that talk like that and they are good guys ;)

A Interesting Plan... Personally ever since I started in Battletech, I almost immediatly became a harcore Rasalhaguen. Partly because of my Scandanavian background, but also for their fierce desire for freedom, and the means and intent of preserving it ;)

Ah...the calm before a battle...A fitting example of why marriages, and birth rates climb when a war is on... I mean nothing wrong iwth it ;) You might die anytime, why not enjoy life?

A great chapter. And although I have never even heard of Inu-Yashi, I might skim it just to see what else you are writing on ;)

P.S. Just print off your stories here into one long book, charge $5, and I am sure there would be buyers (Including me):D (Ah I forgot about copyrights...ah well).
Flashpoint chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
Max and Sheila seem to be quite unable (and unwilling) to keep their hands off each other... Not that I mind. It is certainly an unususal way to use a 'mech cockpit. Sounds uncomfortable, though.

As for the plan, I'm looking forward to the actual fight to see how it works out. According to the old adage about plans and contact with the enemy and supported by Murphy's Law somethin go wrong. :)
SulliMike23 chapter 2 . 6/25/2008
Woah, that's an audacious plan she has there. Still, I'd be willing to pull it off myself if I were her. If I didn't then god help me.
Flashpoint chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
As to the "Conditions":

One would be the energy output of the sun that's used for recharging, the "hotter" the star, the quicker the recharge. Another would be the age and state of repair of the jumpship, the older and less effective the sail (or some other part of the power storage system...), the longer the recharge takes. Could be that the position of the ship relative to the sun (distance, angle...) figures into it as well. Might even depend on the size and load of the ship. It appears logical that the energy required scales with the size or the mass. I'm fairly certain of the first three aspects (that's plain and simple physics and engineering), the last, however, is pure speculation. Hyperspace physics isn't exactly my strongest suit...

As for the chapter:

I think the story is off to a good start. I'm looking forward to the confrontation between Phelan and Sheila, be it direct or at a distance. If I remember correctly, Sheila thinks that Phelan is a jerk. Or at least she did, when Senefa told her that he defected to the Wolves...
MosinM38 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Another good chapter.

A good play-by-play from the opposing side...A good plan of their own too... May get tough...

I don't know where I heard it (Or if it is even true), But I heard Jumpships take a week to recharge, give-or-take a day, depending on "Conditions" (What those are I have no clue).

Ah...such a good look at opposing Crusader/Warden views.
RougeBaron chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
TheGreenKnight submitted their unit to be used in my storyline. One of the characters is Ben Donelly. This unit had started making great impact and stealing fans from my own unit ). I was under the impression that you knew about this.

About the picture... I am having an idea to make a response to your response (chain response?), but it's a long shot. I'm not good at humorous art, written or drawn. If I think it's worth posting, I'll post it.
Jason Weiser chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Good chapter, I liked the byplay between Ulric and Phelan. Seems he and Sheila know each other...why do I think that doesn't bode well for either of them? The little aside of somebody calling Senfa a traitor causing a melee was a scream too, along with the havoc they caused on Kirchbach. But I think that the days of showing up for trials has ended. The analysis by Ulric about the Crusaders, is sadly, dead on.

Which then leads to an interesting question? Does it then serve Wolf interests to wipe them out? Remember, the Snowbirds have caused a LOT of embarrassment to the Falcons. I can't imagine that if the Wolves fought a trial with them to end their raids, that the Falcons would simply leave it at that, and were the Falcons to get wind of what was occurring (And they will), then we might see Falcon units traipsing across the Wolf OZ looking for the Snowbirds..
Danforth Kensington chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Take all the preconceptions of Blood On The Risers out and focus only on the chorus. Happy tunes can become funeral dirges that way.

Looking forward to the clash between the wolf and the snowbird...
SulliMike23 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Phelan and Ulric's intellegence is good, but it can be a little misleading. They don't know that the Snowbirds intend to strike the other clans as well. But I get the feeling that the Snowbirds are gonna hit a world defended by a strong cluster and that's where things will go bad for the Snowbirds.
FraserMage chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
I guessed it was Phelan before I even started reading the story.

Good ol Phelan.

hmm, The Clan Invasion is coming to an end soon so what happens next, Does this series end or are you going to do a time skip to the next major series of events?
42 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3