Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
hunzbookwyrm chapter 8 . 9/17
great story hope to see more soon.
RT89 chapter 8 . 8/30
Outstanding story. Loved every minute of it.
zugrian chapter 8 . 8/25
I mostly really love this story- especially the first 7 chapters. You do some interesting things with Daphne, such as using Occlumency as the basis for the Ice Queen persona idea, and her teaching Harry to interact with the magical world, such as the way he has to interact with her parents. That's not to mention the magical marriage contract, a common idea that you go into a bit more depth. And I really love the ideas of using the Draught of Living Death and cursed mail to get rid of the villains.

However, I absolutely hate the part with Nott. Especially as Daphne had already escaped an attempted sexual assault at the very beginning of the story. That scene is disgusting and it mars an otherwise wonderful piece of work.

This isn't personal, but I am greatly troubled by the way so many HarryxDaphne (or other Slytherin girl) stories involve sexual assault. You never read a HarryxSusan story where he has to protect her from Ernie or Justin. You never read HarryXPadma expecting to find Anthony Goldstein attempting to have his way with her. And you never read of Dean or Seamus trying to rape Ginny.

Now, I get that part of that is the inherent "Slytherins are evil" trope that is thoroughly ingrained in canon, but a big part of this story is Harry trying to force Ron to accept that simplification isn't always true. Once Harry had gotten rid of Draco, then Snape, forcing the taint of Slytherin to show up again in the last part of the extended epilogue weakens that argument.
Deo Gryffin chapter 8 . 8/21
The fanfic dragged on for too long.
kaixbi chapter 4 . 8/19
really voldemort is childplay...
GrimmRWBY chapter 5 . 8/13
Unless Astoria doesn't exist in this world, Daphne would be the oldest
Mikeblade chapter 4 . 8/11
so harry just randomly decides to throw away everything he beleaves in to cast a unforgivable on snape don't buy it.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 8 . 7/5
What an epilogue, lmao.

I enjoyed the whole fic, but the epilogue especially.

I didn't think Daphne was a mary sue, but I did find her somewhat two dimensional in the original four chapters. The epilogue gave her far more character, imo. She's still not a fantastic characterI still find her slightly flat, just not nearly as bad as she was. I wish we got to see her break down after the incident with Nott. After the calming draught ended, or maybe if she just wasn't given one.

I also think their relationship was too easy. They really never had to work through problems between them. They got along perfectly, which I don't find believable at all. And it doesn't need to be some shattering trauma like Nott succeeding or something equally horrific. Just Harry getting jealous, or Daphne misinterpreting something Harry said and being hurt by it would massively improve their relationship.

That said, those complaints don't make the story bad. I still quite enjoyed the read, and thank you very much for writing it.
HeartsGlow chapter 6 . 6/29
Wrote this, but forgot to hit "post". I think Harry should send Severus to a magical hospital in a different country. Let them deal with a "cure" and perhaps he will like the freedom of being away from Hogwarts and not bother anyone.
HeartsGlow chapter 7 . 6/29
Hoping Ginny ends up with Neville. Or maybe Hermione/Neville.
The Woolly Llama chapter 2 . 6/18
Why isn't Daphne more interested in Harry's lessons?
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything and anything and don't care enough to read between the lines; but surely Daphne would realise that Dumbles isn't teaching Harry how to fight the Dark Lord, just showing him what amounts to home movies, I mean Dumbles isn't even showing him Riddles fighting style. Couldn't she be all like "Hey would you like to have a few practice duels every now and then, maybe let me teach you some spells beyond the disarming charm for when you fight the DARK LORD!?"
Just a thought.
At that moment...

Ron realized...

That he really screwed up.
Dude another account uploaded this story as theirs! I knew it looked familiar! It even has the same name and everything, "the grass is always greener" by Ryan Reynolds fan . that's the account!
hpf2114 chapter 8 . 6/5
I love this story, my only question is what about Dobbie?
I now its many years since you wrote this story, but really like the little guy. Lol.
chichamonte chapter 8 . 5/27
this story does have it's very own flaws .. but overall one of the cheesiest haphne stories i've ever read .. ..
1,056 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »