Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
Nitewolf423 chapter 8 . 10/21
Fracking awesome
Clavyus chapter 8 . 10/3
Very sweet fic. Loved the chemistry between Harry and Daphne.
Eric chapter 1 . 9/28
Definitely 1 of my favourite HP/DG fanfictions...
slytherinterror chapter 8 . 9/28
Hey Kevin, hope you don't mind me calling you that. Just wanted to thank you for all the stories you write. I read many of your stories before becoming a member of the site and haven't gone back to review them but I really do enjoy your work. :)

About this story, I will say that I didn't particularly enjoy many of the changes you made to the story, like character ages and stuff, but I understand that that's my problem. What I really wanted to bring to your attention was that except for the first 2 chapters and mainly the Harry Daphne interactions, for the rest of the story harry has been completely OOC. Some of his dialogues, like "she'll give me an heir" and his tendencies as you've shown in his aspirations throughout the story are not only not at believable, but more importantly despite you denying it in many places it is very clear all across the story with many of harry's dialogues and the things he does that you've shown him a bit too much as Daphne's pet of sorts (couldn't find a better way to put it. sorry. :) ) There's really not much discussion of harry's hopes for his future, and then after one brief conversation about what daphne wants from his future you have shown harry to suddenly adopt that as what his whole life is geared towards. Even though it might be believable that he'll become a quidditch player and even do those other things, you've shown it as him doing it all only cause daphne told him to. even when talking to ron and the others about his future on the last night of hogwarts, his statements were "daphne thinks i should" and "daphne is of the opinion that" or along those lines.

But I did read it and i did like it. I know its been some time since you posted it n may not care for my review but i thought i should drop a line after reading so many of your stories over time. :) I will also say i really lovedddddd a lottt of your other stories, like harry potter: the avenger, and the hogwarts protection system, and "the unexpected power" and "accidental bond" and some others too. hope you are still writing n continue to do so. :)

Lastly, sorry for it getting so long, but i got a story idea out of this fic n wanted to share it with you. I dont write so i just wanted to point it out in case it catches ur's or someone else's fancy. In the discussion between harry and daphne about snape she talks about how even 20 generations later snape would try to kill potters. I thought it would be funny to have a snape in the future story with him waking up to a completely different world. much more advanced with very different magics etc. and where "harry" is a forgotten potter of the past but "The Potters" are an important and influential family still. n the play of how his old magics compare to the modern ones, either favourably or not so... etc.

ANyways, not taking any more of your time...
thanks for listening to my ramblings.
shinykamon chapter 8 . 9/22
Daphne was a touch on the more perfect side, but that's not a complaint. this is perhaps one of the better haphne stories I've read and I honestly couldn't put the story down
ravenslive.no chapter 8 . 9/8
one of the more satisfying reads for harry/daphne well done
KariAnn chapter 6 . 8/16
Anti-climatic means you are "against the weather" per God on Joan of Arcadia (I always remembered that). It should be anti-climactic.
Spazzman29 chapter 2 . 8/10
I know it is unintentional but you have shown why the Harry/Hermione pairing doesn't work and why I hate it (other than the fact I hate Hermione). She just nags and grills him about his personal life until he gives in and tells her. Ron has the most obvious flaws but that is one of Hermione's biggest. Just because she's his friend doesn't give her any right to know everything he does when he's not around her.
Really enjoyed this. Wasn't sure if this pair could work or not but wanted to give it a try and I'm glad I did. Story was interesting throughout and I liked the take on the characters.
N Flamel chapter 7 . 7/30
This will be for both Ch 7 and 8, since I've previously reviewed eight.

Ch 7: Loved how Harry - with Daphne's coaching - completely stopped the force that is Molly Weasley. Very well done, both in conception and execution. Harry's discussion with Ron on the train showed the chasm that exists between the two 17 year olds. Harry came over as much more mature and didn't let Ron dodge the good questions H asked. Ron continues to be very immature, though, I guess he showed some interest in maturing since he realizes he'll lose Harry's friendship if he doesn't start growing up. I'm still wondering if McG asked Harry about Snape as an indirect way to show Albus how badly he'd eff'd up with Harry or if she really wanted to know what to do with Snape's possessions (actually if he was capable of returning). For a long chapter, it moved very quickly, which shows how well you wrote it and how much I liked it.

Ch 8: Kevin, After repeated readings of your wonderful story, it still holds up very well. I really enjoyed the Harry/Daphne relationship, the qualities you gave her, and how they kept and attracted an excellent group of friends. More specifically, I liked how Daphne helped Harry with the final disposition of Snape, the equal relationship they developed, the shots at Albus for his many errors and oversights, and the overall feel good ending. I also want to mention that I was pleased to see how many reviews you have from 2016 and 2017 for a story published (mostly) in 2008. You should take pride in that.

As always, thanks for all the effort you put in for your readers. It's appreciated. - Nicolas
N Flamel chapter 4 . 7/29
To address your A/N first: I didn't see Daphne as a Mary Sue at all. She's a true Slytherin, unlike Malfoy. You brought out those qualities, as well as having Daphne explain to Harry why she acted and said certain things. Loved how the increasing affection between the two teens hurt Voldy. That could even be seen as a play on Albus's infamous 'power of love' mantra.

While there was a nice confluence of opportunities, Harry certainly earned his 'defeat' of Voldemort. He took advantage of Snape going to Tom's headquarters, using some pretty sophisticated magic to ensure his safe trip and in overcoming Tom, Snape, Nagini and Bellatrix. Harry's questions, decisions and actions were well thought out both with Snape, then Riddle. I have to admit that the growing stack of bodies Harry accumulated in Tom's bedroom was funny.

Wish I could have hopped through the computer screen and smacked Hermione and Ron during the ending scene. Hermione came over like a Molly in training, which is not meant as a compliment. Ron's mouth moved before his brain engaged throughout that section. His cluelessness is epic. Putting them together would have been a match made in hell.

Best of all, we have four more chapters to read. - Nicolas
N Flamel chapter 1 . 7/29
I've read this story a number of times - actually have lost count - but I want to go through your library of stories and picked this one to start with. Since I've only left a review for Ch 8, I wanted to leave a few more for this wonderful story.

In your A/N, you mention something that is amazing. Fan fic authors, like yourself, have created Daphne Greengrass. My hat's off to whoever first assigned the 'Ice Queen' quality to her. I wanted to review this chapter, especially, because, I really like how you show Daphne as a complete person, not just the Ice Queen. You're doing a good job of balancing these qualities very well - a very nice young lady and also having the Ice Queen persona. Having Daphne explain why that persona is needed in Slytherin was a good addition to fully fleshing out her character. The relationship between HP and DG also has started at the right pace, especially shown by how Daphne said she'd need to think about Harry's request to go on a date. Lastly, excellent job in explaining Occlumancy and showing how Harry selected and developed his defenses.

Just as good as returning to this story is you publishing Ch 3 of Home School. As always, thanks for the wonderful entertainment you provide us. Best, Nicolas
Ghost Dragon Master chapter 8 . 7/26
This was one of the nicer Harry/Daphne fanfic. Very well written, good plot, very little drama/angst, but when you had it, it was very deep. You captured Harry's, Ron's, and Hermione's characters perfectly. I can not say the same for Daphne as she had only brief mentions within the books, but you gave her one hell of a good character in this fanfic.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 4 . 7/19
I have always thought the best three matches for Harry are Hermione, Daphne, & Susan. Harry needs a smart lady to keep him out of trouble.

JimS
Draeconin chapter 4 . 7/19
Why is it, whenever male underwear is mentioned in a HP fic, it's always boxers? Briefs come in many colors, fabrics and styles also, and there are several other styles of male underwear as well, not to mention going commando. It's like boxers are the only male underwear made in the UK, when briefs and bikini underwear are more popular, there. (Yes, I researched it when I, too, once wrote HP fanfiction.)
1,020 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »