Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
Guest chapter 8 . 7/18/2012
great ass story right heeeerrrree
NaruHinaSometimes chapter 5 . 7/17/2012
Love this story
godess bubbles chapter 8 . 7/11/2012
I love this story!During this story I was think what were James,Lilly,and Sirius thinking.I have a question Ramus and Tonks get together like in the books/movies?If so did they still have Teddy and more children?If they didn't get together who did they get together with and what children did they have if any?
Lerris chapter 7 . 7/4/2012
Overall this is pretty good, even on the second read, although it has been awhile... The Voldemort solution was original, at least from what I can tell, and I liked that Daphne was actually presented as cunning. Of course, some of their plans worked a bit easily, but overall things went well.

As far as possible negatives go, well, you basically finished the main bad guy off fairly early and then the rest was more of a really long extended epilogue that just happened to also be four chapters. I'm not quite sure how to balance that. You did what you could by having some consequences that had to be worked through yet somehow it still feels that the epilogue could be shorter to improve things further. As a final note, I don't recall you addressing what happened to Dobby and Kreacher. That may be something worth a very small addition...

As a final plus, I liked the outcome of what happened to Snape. Realistically sometimes there are shades of grey, and that outcome fit, well other than him mysteriously dying... Snape was guilty of much in this story although the fact that he apparently died was strange. Perhaps it was a reaction between the imperious potion and the drought.

Thanks for sharing your story...
Randomly Assigned chapter 8 . 7/1/2012
This was a really good story with some really funny parts, without being crack. I really enjoyed reading a story where Harry defeated Voldemort in a well-thought out way that wasn't a huge battle. I do have one suggestion, though, you should split the first chapter into two.
errobotter chapter 8 . 6/25/2012
Great story, thanks for ask of you're hard work.
Iwa Shinju chapter 8 . 6/14/2012
Since I'm really commenting on the story as a whole, I won't be going into much detail. I can't say I love everything about your story, as I feel you've overdone your characters in many ways, and I'm not refering to Daphne's supposed 'marysueism' either (I've never thought she was ideal). However, I suppose most of my reservations could be summed up into "I've imagined him/her differently", which is hardly constructive criticism. Therefore I will only mention I feel Harry seemed to be learning to fast: be it Occlumency, apparition or other branches of magic, or wizarding code of behaviour for the matter, even though he remained mostly in character as far as his personality is concerned.

That being said I can finally get to the more pleasant part. I especially liked that your Voldemort was not quite so almighty and thus could be caught in the moment of weakness; even though I can hardly imagine Harry's succesful casting of the numerous Imperius curses that night. Regardless of any reservations I might have, your plot kept me really interested from the very beginning until the end.
MarkerIV chapter 8 . 5/24/2012
I enjoyed this very very much. Daphine is such a wonderful character it and it is good to see such good use of her.
narutojazz19 chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Wow great story so far!
TheInsaneRodent chapter 8 . 4/26/2012
Awesome story man!
dyslecksec chapter 8 . 4/21/2012
This was a really great story. I particularly liked both Voldemort's end, and Hugo Nott's end. At first, I wanted to say that the way Harry took Voldemort down was a bit too easy. However, only a little thought makes one realize that it was not only very original, but was a great mix of Slytherin cunning, Gryffindor bravery. There was really no luck involved either. Harry saw on opportunity, seized it with both hands, risked everything, and then gained everything. Not to mention Harry had literally zero room for error. Especially in regards to whether he could pull off the Imperious against Snape and Voldemort. You did well in showing the reasoning that the willpower to resist Imperious would translate to the willpower to enforce it. It only looked easy because anything other than perfect success would have meant complete failure and Harry's death.

As for Nott, Harry's final move was awesome. It was simple, creative, brutal, and most importantly, effective.
Xavras chapter 8 . 4/7/2012
An enjoyable read.

Obviously you took some liberties (it is fan fiction - so we will do...) such as not having Harry have to deal with anything in the scar

It was a very good development of Daphne as a character, bashed Ron fairly and actually had him grow up, but I am surprised at a union between Hermione and Ernie Macmillan...that seemed to come from nowhere...

Thanks for a good story
jonski chapter 8 . 4/6/2012
Why didn't Harry turn into Harrydermort since there is still a bit of Voldy's soul inside his head?
Overdog chapter 8 . 3/31/2012
Not bad at all. I think you got Daphne's character development just right for this story. (JKR didn't developer her much, eh?)

Overall, it's fun to read. You get double extra credit points for using the word "tutelage"; I have always loved that word, and I use it often.

There are a very few minor word goofs like affect/effect, disbelieve/disbelief, sooth/soothe and some misplaced question marks... but in general, issues are few enough that I can see they may just be typos.

Sucks to be Snape! Ha!

I'm still working my way through your "completed" works, and it looks like more fun in store ahead. ;-)
Tinithor chapter 8 . 3/13/2012
Realllllly great story.

I liked the subterfuge way of defeating old voldie.
913 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »