Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
Solituder chapter 8 . 8/3/2014
Absolutely love this! Brilliant!
A reader chapter 8 . 7/19/2014
Aalol. Weird. Astoria is THE younger sibling hahaha
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Before I read a forum about Harry/Daphne fics, I had no idea that the "Ice Queen" persona was completely the creation of fanfiction authors. But it's so common that I've come to accept it as standard knowledge about Daphne. But yeah, she is DEFINITELY a character that authors have a lot of freedom with.

Great story!
HPMARIE chapter 8 . 7/19/2014
hulagal13 chapter 8 . 7/16/2014
This is one of my favorite stories
xvector chapter 6 . 7/12/2014
Your relationship development is great. It's not rushed, but the fact that you fit so much in only 50,000 words was amazing.

However, past that, the story starts to proceed far too quickly for my tastes. Harry becomes more of a Gary-stu, and the rest of the story moves far too quickly with too much description and not nearly enough dialogue.
SpitKill chapter 8 . 7/8/2014
Really enjoyed the story! Far to short, but very good indeed!
Warrof chapter 8 . 6/27/2014
Loved the story!
Jeb59 chapter 8 . 6/27/2014
I like it!
Tomon chapter 8 . 6/16/2014
Very nice eigh chapters. Especially given that these eight are in fact longer than most HP books :-D

I think this is what I look for in Harry & Daphne stories. The older Astoria was surprisingly nice touch even if her role wasn't a big one. Still I really liked how you managed to capture both personalities at starts and how they developed after starting influencing each other. I can easily imagine Daphne grin at being called Mrs. Potter and shock of the rest of school seeing her that way :-D
Also how you take down the Voldemort is amazing. I got this idea in my head that while Azkaban seems like hotel for Death Eaters and killing them is often the only real way to deal with them. The use of Draught of Living Dead could be superb if they manage to capture them. They don't need to really guard them, they don't need to feed them or anything. All they need is the potion and some small location preferably under Fidelius charm. So that I find story where it's implemented even on smaller scale and with Voldemort (that part I didn't think of) is very heartwarming :)

I could sing a praise a little longer but I think you got the picture so thank you very much for this story. Is definitely one of the best of HP&DG I read
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 6/14/2014
What a GREAT story!

It's funny that Harry said Percy seemed Slytherin; I've always believed the Hat wanted to put him in Slytherin but he argued with it and insisted on Gryffindor. Or the alternative: Dumbledore forced the Hat to put all of the Weasleys (and even Harry) into Gryffindor.

I've always felt that book-Harry should have been in Hufflepuff. Loyal friends were what he wanted and needed, and I doubt 'Puffs would have been easily persuaded to abandon Harry and not write to him during summers if he'd been part of their house. Dumbledore could not have isolated him as easily in Hufflepuff.

I'm not sure I see Hermione with Ernie (a bit too pompous) any more than with Ron, but I guess he's okay. I still think she blew it by not pursuing Neville, although he may have had eyes for Hannah long before they officially began dating.

Anyway, thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable read.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 6/14/2014
McGonagall is being rather Hermione-ish with her questions, isn't she? It's interesting, as she doesn't normally seem that curious. I think Dumbledore resents not being "in the know," even though he is technically dead. Well, he did it to himself, I suppose. Harry just using the "turnabout's fair play" strategy.

I am just as curious as McGonagall about Snape's fate. I'm surprised that Harry hasn't done anything about him in all this time.

I guess Hermione is a little ticked at not getting to see Harry's marriage contract. Well, I'm sure she can have one of her own if she marries into an old Pureblood family. I don't know why she doesn't look in Neville's direction. There is a lot more to Neville than meets the eye.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 6/14/2014
I'm worried. It seems like leaving those Horcruxes with Voldemort isn't very smart, unless they are destroyed. I think Harry is being really foolish.

Okay, I'm sorry. I was just sure somehow Voldemort would get loose. Am I correct in assuming that the recipients of the 33 letters were Death Eaters (plus Umbridge) and are now "residing" in the lake full of Inferi?

Okay, about Snape ... Did he die? If not, won't Harry be in a LOT or trouble for what he did there? Or do his actions with regard to Snape fall under the things covered by the pardon, since they were all necessary to kill Voldemort?
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 6/14/2014
**sigh** Hermione is still being her authority-worshipping self, I see. I hope she is able to grow out of this soon.

I'm glad Harry seems to have won over the Greengrasses. I wasn't sure he would be able to do it, although I think Mrs. Greengrass actually did prefer that Daphne marry someone closer to her own age whom she actually loved. I'm glad they have been given the opportunity to see if they can make it together.

I wonder how Kreacher is doing on his "quest"?
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 6/14/2014
I love that exit! Daphne as "Mary Sue"? Um, I hardly think a "Mary Sue" would be telling Harry not to feel guilty about killing Bella and leaving Snape and Voldy in the cave on the island. Daphne plays fair and treats Harry with respect-and love, now-but that doesn't make her a "Mary Sue." Hermione comes closer to that label, given her obsession with rules and blind belief in and obedience to authority figures.

I find it interesting that "a Slytherin" is the only one who was able to give Harry some real, concrete help to take down Draco and get the drop on Voldemort-certainly more help than Ron the Gryffindor has given. If Harry were still dealing only with Dumbledore, Hermione, and Ron, he'd be nor farther along than he was in the books, and Dumbledore would probably be dead anyway, having been hit by an AK and fallen off the astronomy tower.
1,026 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »