Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
Guest chapter 4 . 12/22/2016
'Lun a won't care at all'
(-)
Mysts of Time chapter 8 . 12/23/2016
A fantastic gem with a slightly unusual pairing, just waiting to be discovered.
noreenklose chapter 8 . 11/20/2016
Excellent story!
I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for writing.
I totally approve how you handled the Snape problem. If he was dead, (probably from breaking his Unbreakable Vow to Narcissa.) Then disposing of the body made perfect sense.
Deathmvp chapter 8 . 11/14/2016
Great work on this story and thank you for posting it.
Epicweaver chapter 8 . 11/10/2016
Wonderful read overall. Definitely some modification with Astoria. And Snivles got a raw deal. Dumbles was toolish but felt spot on. Good solution. Daphne was well conceived. Overall felt very original. Thanks for posting. Hope you write another HxD story someday.
God of Vampires aka Alucard chapter 8 . 10/31/2016
I enjoyed reading this story very much. It reminded me of how much I enjoyed reading well written Harry/Daphne stories. It actually revived my love for the pairing after a story(who's title I will not mention) where Harry went to politlty refuse a marriage contract between him and Daphne and ends up hanging out with her and falling in love only for her father to practically sell her off to a man three times her age. And while Harry in the end stops the wedding and saves her. The thing that ruined it in a way was the fact that the old bastard raped her(most likely multiple times) and Harry and her hadn't even gone that far yet. So u like your Daphne she ends up going through what yours almost suffered twice and her own father allowed it.
s-david-m chapter 8 . 10/26/2016
This was a cute story. Daphne was a little too personable from the get go given her public persona, but it was a nice read overall.
Jeff091 chapter 2 . 10/19/2016
hi,
thanks for the story

The authors note let me notice how old the story ist (unusual paring / minor character)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
Funny that your disclaimer mentions only Harry Potter when my first thought after seeing your title was the totally unrelated book by Erma Bombeck ... "The Grass Is Always Greener over the Septic Tank." ;-)
Lord Barinthus chapter 8 . 10/14/2016
Pro: I thought the quality of writing in the extended epilogue was actually better than the original four chapters, so good job! With 5k Favs you're obviously not obligated to do anything else with this story, but I think this could be a GREAT story if you fleshed it out and integrated the gigantic epilogue into the actual story.

Con: In the original four chapters, I feel like character development fell flat. I continued reading because the story was interesting (and I'll always give a H/D story a chance), but none of the characters really felt genuine. Additionally, I felt the entire "Ron's an ass, year after year, who doesn't deserve to be considered Harry's Best Friend, but let's give him his millionth chance to just be a decent human being for ONCE" situation was completely unnecessary. They could have stayed friends-adjacent, but Harry should have just focused on building his relationships with Blaise and Neville. You made Harry into a beaten spouse who continually forgives his tormentor with the ridiculous Ron situation.
Lord Barinthus chapter 4 . 10/13/2016
I've Fav'd three of your other fics, but this one (while entertaining, and I enjoyed how you dealt with Voldy) was disappointing. However, as you admitted in your A/N at the end of this chap, you didn't put much effort into the story, so I suppose my reaction is understandable.

On to the extended epilogue!
Lord Barinthus chapter 3 . 10/13/2016
Secrecy promise? I think you mean Magical Vow, lol.
Lord Barinthus chapter 1 . 10/13/2016
I love anything Harry/Daphne, but MAN, you went from 0-60 mph in seconds. It's been hard to accept that the Ice Queen (facade or not) would say "Give me a hug, ya big lug" after ONE lesson. Their relationship is moving way too fast.
Biblio388 chapter 6 . 10/11/2016
Very cool solution to the major problem and some very nice follow-up. Am quite pleased to see that the epilogue is around the same size as the main story and that both are quite significant in size.
Biblio388 chapter 8 . 10/11/2016
An amazing piece of writing. Loved the journey throughout and I am very glad I got to read it.
994 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »