Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
Lord Barinthus chapter 8 . 10/14/2016
Pro: I thought the quality of writing in the extended epilogue was actually better than the original four chapters, so good job! With 5k Favs you're obviously not obligated to do anything else with this story, but I think this could be a GREAT story if you fleshed it out and integrated the gigantic epilogue into the actual story.

Con: In the original four chapters, I feel like character development fell flat. I continued reading because the story was interesting (and I'll always give a H/D story a chance), but none of the characters really felt genuine. Additionally, I felt the entire "Ron's an ass, year after year, who doesn't deserve to be considered Harry's Best Friend, but let's give him his millionth chance to just be a decent human being for ONCE" situation was completely unnecessary. They could have stayed friends-adjacent, but Harry should have just focused on building his relationships with Blaise and Neville. You made Harry into a beaten spouse who continually forgives his tormentor with the ridiculous Ron situation.
Lord Barinthus chapter 4 . 10/13/2016
I've Fav'd three of your other fics, but this one (while entertaining, and I enjoyed how you dealt with Voldy) was disappointing. However, as you admitted in your A/N at the end of this chap, you didn't put much effort into the story, so I suppose my reaction is understandable.

On to the extended epilogue!
Lord Barinthus chapter 3 . 10/13/2016
Secrecy promise? I think you mean Magical Vow, lol.
Lord Barinthus chapter 1 . 10/13/2016
I love anything Harry/Daphne, but MAN, you went from 0-60 mph in seconds. It's been hard to accept that the Ice Queen (facade or not) would say "Give me a hug, ya big lug" after ONE lesson. Their relationship is moving way too fast.
Biblio388 chapter 6 . 10/11/2016
Very cool solution to the major problem and some very nice follow-up. Am quite pleased to see that the epilogue is around the same size as the main story and that both are quite significant in size.
Biblio388 chapter 8 . 10/11/2016
An amazing piece of writing. Loved the journey throughout and I am very glad I got to read it.
Fate chapter 5 . 10/3/2016
Meh. The name of the game here is 'underwhelming'. No meaningful conflict, no failings, nothing.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/3/2016
Ooh boy, I really hope this doesn't end up being yet another Dumbedore bashing 'fic.

Fifth year he had no choice, it was all the MoM. Fourth year he had no idea Moody was a fake or that anyone would be able to not only get past the age line but force the cup to spit out a fourth champion, third year it was the MoM again, second even if he did know it was a basilisk he had no idea where the Chamber was or he would have caught Tom. First year is all him though.

Also, you better have a good solution for the Harrycrux.
GF chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
Percy Weasley?! (Gag. Retch) why?!

You do realize that if it 'worked out', Harry could have to see Percy every time the sistets wanted to get together. Heck, Crab or Goyle might be better company than pompous prick Percy.
1066wthec chapter 8 . 9/11/2016
love this
jimwelchok chapter 7 . 9/9/2016
0qqq
1066wthec chapter 6 . 9/6/2016
fkn vkjsdk
1066wthec chapter 4 . 9/5/2016
this story is a nice short story- not the story i'd usually read.

fluffy.

1066wthec
Inara chapter 3 . 9/1/2016
Deserved it? DESERVED IT? Daphne Greengrass, listen to me, you are out of Slytherin house. This fanfiction is ridiculous, as Draco would never do such a thing and Slytherins stick together. The end. I'm out.
Blazeb79 chapter 8 . 8/18/2016
That was a fun story. Honestly it just made all the books of HP seem that much more dumb with how easy you made it seem. Well i should say easy/realistic.
1,015 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »