Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
MiFo71 chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Thanks for writing this very good and insightful story. Nice on the emapthy, good on language and grammar, a pleasure to read. And yes, I'll keep you on alert.
red-jacobson chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
This story was recommended a few times on one of the groups I'm a member of, and, always being on the look out for a good Harry/non-Ginny story, I decided to take a look. Let me say, just from the first chapter, I am impressed, and I'm glad you didn't leave this as a one shot. I'm going to the next chapters and I'll try to review again when I get done.

red
jbfritz chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Excellent!
Loatroll chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Really good epilogue, and end of the "War". Though I would like more details like them getting married and stuff, you're letting us imagine it ourselves (just like a certain author should have, instead of giving us such a crappy excuse for a epilogue (I'm of course talking about J.K) so that's also nice.

Awesome on the whole, a fic everyone should read, easily one of the best Daphne fics I've read.

Really looking forward reading more from you :-)
Jess1186 chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
You know, I don't have any clue what a "Mary Sue" even is! So I can't complain about that, not that I'm about to.

I thought this was a great story, although I would love to read a sequel, opening negotiations, see Ron's reactions, seeing the WW's reactions, Harry's year as Head Boy...

Please?
Irishfighter chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Awesome ending
Yunaine chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Thanks for sharing this one.

I loved the entire story. The solution to Voldemort, his Death Eaters and the Horcruxes was well done.

The conversation of the negotiating with Daphne's parents would have been a blast to see though :).

I hope you create more stories like this one. I'm sorry to say that I'm not as much of a H/G reader as I used to be, so I'm glad you created a different pairing like this one.

Cheers,

Sven
jabarber69 chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
hey that was excellent! and also your correct I've never seen the ending of voldie, snape, dumby or the deatheaters in any quite like this before...well done!

There's another story sorta like this going to by clell65619 "harry Potter and the Marriage Contracts" check it out! its on thi site, he also has some other great stories too!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
Oh dear, Harry blew it and lost after all! While he was putzing around for a few extra weeks, Voldy's magic finally overcame the potion he was under. Said potion was not 100 percent against Voldy anyway, due to the extensive rituals Riddle underwent.

Harry left Riddle's boxers on, so he failed to notice Riddle's "banana hammock", which also doubled as Moldishorts' last emergency portkey!

Riddle quickly recovered a backup wand, created one more horcrux and then smote Harry but good.

Other than that plot hole, this story was quite enjoyable.

Thank you!
Fibinaci chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
I think a marysue wouldve taken over the story from Harry. She'd have some superpower and be smarter than Hermione and braver than Harry. Daphne just gave him some encouragment to pull his head out of his arse and some very specific tools which Harry still had to figure out how best to use. Not to mention when we first meet Daphne she's a damsel in distress.
Mikee chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
Cool chapter.

I expected Harry to use the compulsion draught on Severus, but the Imperio surprised me. I had completely forgotten about the cave where Albus and Harry got the fake locket. That's such a better choice for 'storage' than the Chamber of Secrets. Well done, indeed. Oh ... and I REALLY liked how he 'took care of' Bellatrix. *evil laugh*

I quite liked Neville standing up for Harry and putting Ron in is place. That was cool.

Aw ... I was sad to read that Dumbledore died - I rather expected the curse to his hand would end up killing him, but still ... it was sad. *pout*

What about the horcrux in Harry's scar ... or is that another issue you decided to ignore. It's okay with me if you did; I'm just curious.

I can't help but hope you'll add a chapter 5 ... perhps in the form of an epilogue. I'd like to see Harry have a conversation with Albus' portrait and go into greater detail with him about the horcruxes and Voldie. But that's just me. I like things totally tied up. *grin*

Thanks for a fun story.
The Santi chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
A good ending. I would have liked to see a little more in the epilogue, but I'm glad you didn't do something stupid like a 25 years later thing. My only real complaint with the story is you forgetting Snape's Unbreakable Vow, I was expecting him to AK Dumbledore when they got back from finding Riddle's Horcrux. Even with that slight canon mistake this is by far my favorite story of yours.

Any chance we'll ever see another rare pairing from you again? Perhaps I could convince you to take a stab at a Harry/Tonks fic?

Looking forward to seeing the 2nd chapter of Lily's child -wow I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to a Harry/Ginny story that isn't written by Jeconais or Bobmin.

Best of luck on your next story.
Darksnider05 chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
Arg I want some more details on what happened after this, hopefully your story causes a rash of Harry/Daphne stories cause the way you wrote her is nigh perfect.
Random-Name000324 chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
I must say, this story really got me to like a pairing I've never even considered before. Now I have to scour the site for more gems with this pairing...

And to think I almost skipped this story, glad I didn't. Great job, looking forward to more of your writing.

~Fury of Thunder
Airlady chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
I just found this excellent story and enjoyed it very much. There were too many clever pieces to describe them all. Harry and Daphne is a nice pairing.
997 | « Prev Page 1 .. 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 .. Last Next »