Reviews for The Grass Is Always Greener
Mechconstrictor chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
Very good finish. This pairing is one of the best out there, or at least I think so. I would also like to say that if you write chapter 5, I would not be disappointed. Keep up the good work.
Memory King chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
Brilliant work, liked how Harry managed to remove all the violent jerks from the picture.

If you decide to expand this, consider adding a few missteps along the way, or make the reader believe they have failed, when in fact they haven't.

Looking forward to your next update. Keep writing!
kidneysrgood chapter 4 . 7/2/2008
well done on the story, yea it was a little too much Mary-sue on Daphne's part, but it was okay, keep up your writing.
Weirkat chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
This is really an excellent plot, and I love the pairing between Harry and Daphne. I don't believe I've seen many pairings of these people, so it's really refreshing to read your story.

Looking forward to what happens next.
DukeBrymin chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
Great chapter! I like Daphne's solution for Voldie! Like I've stated before, I much prefer Harry/Ginny, but this is good too. I would absolutely love to see the same type of story, but with Ginny as the Slytherin that Harry befriends, and who cunningly helps him in his fight.

That being said-I think the progression in the relationship is very believable, and makes me very sympathetic to Daphne's plight.

I am grateful that you haven't felt the need to vilify Ginny.
BetaGuy chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
Yay for good ships!
notpobhonestly chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
liking the story so far, totally different to most harry/other bird fics if you still havent got inspiration for lily maybe

(insert queen song we are the champions here)

we want unchampion2 my friend :D
keaneplay chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
That idea of 'The draught of living death' is so good that I wonder why someone didn't think of it in the actual series!

Also having Tracey 'snooping' around after Daphne makes sense because as you say, they are each others only friend in Slytherin...

Looking forward to the last installment...
karlii chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
Very fun chapter! I like how common sense seems to be ruling the day! What great alternatives to bk six issues! LOL

I like Harry and Daphne together... they are working well here...

Keep up the good work!
hemotem chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
That is so cheating so very Slytherin I like it hehe. Great chapter thank you.

Hemotem
Chi Vayne chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
The main thing I dislike about Dumbledore in this story is that he treats everyone like a child ("you must trust me..."). Is it really too much for him to explain to others? Does he feel that no one is capable of understanding if he explains himself, or does he recognize that any explanations or agrguments he makes can be refuted, so he doesn't bother to make them?
Phil Boswell chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
Rolling along nicely now, well into AU ;-)

I like the way that they have to keep their relationship hidden, which enables you to develop them in isolation. What will the effect on their relationship be when they "go public"?

More to the point, what are Harry's friends going to say?

* You've made Ginny much less of a "fan-girl", for which I thank you: their friendship could have gone further if circumstances had worked that way, but they seem to be OK as friends right now, which is good; you've even made it possible that if Daphne were not to work out, Harry would be on good enough terms with Ginny to make a go of it there, which is a rare accomplishment.

* Neville is...good old Neville ;-)

* Luna is the loopy poppet we all know and love.

* Hermione needs to loosen up massively, so in character there ;-)

* Ron...what can we say about Ron except "get your silly Gryffindork head out of your bum, boy!" very loudly and clearly?

I am much looking forward to your final chapter. Would Moldieshorts even be vulnerable to the kind of plan which is being laid against him? RAFO as they say...
noylj chapter 3 . 6/30/2008
Oh yeah, wasn't that just the best part of book 6-protecting Malfoy and letting him almost kill two students and not giving Harry either all the information or all the training he could use? People wonder why I despise Dumbles and his pet DE so much. They tell me that Snape was a hero, and I wonder what book they read.

Your Daph is truly the first person to actually try to help Harry in a pro-active manner.
Clell65619 chapter 3 . 6/30/2008
- Ok, wow.

- You utterly derailed the Half Baked Plot, removed Draco from the equasion, gutted the vanishing cabinet (unless of course that was all a ploy by Order-Aurors... Shack was there after all...)

- For a while there, I was thinking that Daphne was setting him up, and my cynical side still suspects that... Hope I'm wrong.
Sobocz chapter 3 . 6/30/2008
Hey,

so far I like. I hope you'll come clean about Dumbledore and Snape soon (are they same as in Canon or is Snape evil while Dumbledore a fool or do both have their own agenda? .. I'm a bit confused there). Oh, and nice idea about the potion, because while the horcruxes prevent Voldemort's demise (his soul leaving the mortal world), they should do nothing against the potion; the only question is whether Voldemort thought of usinng some rituals to be immune to poisons weakening him (or whether he didn't think about sleep inducing and other medical potions) ... you might want to reveal your reasoning behind that a bit more too :). Anyway, I hope you'll update soon.

P.S.: I like your second story Lily's Child too, so if you decided to update that, it could probably be used as a justifiable excuse why the updates of this story would take so long ;P
962 | « Prev Page 1 .. 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 .. Last Next »