Reviews for It Takes a Genius
LucasFrost chapter 9 . 8/24
Magenta the Fox chapter 14 . 8/18/2014
Okay, who's cutting onions in my room?! ;(
Guest chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
Oh my god, Dawn is such a bother.. She cries so much and is always holding them back. I give up on reading.
godofhope chapter 26 . 1/1/2012
Very amazing stpry that I see/read. I am looking forward toreading the squeal.
Sarcastic chapter 26 . 7/31/2010
Great story! Little to much drama, but very good. Can't wait till you finish the sequel!
Sarcastic chapter 26 . 7/24/2010
Shaw Fujikawa chapter 26 . 1/17/2010
Hey! It's me again. After reading this story in little chunks at a time since I last reviewed, I thought I might do it again now that I've finished it. I must be either incredibly generous of incredibly snobby...

The general quality of the writing improved hugely as the chapters went on, which I liked. There were still a couple of plot holes, though.

One of the first things that springs to my mind was the appearance of those particular legendaries at Spear Pillar. I suppose I can understand Mew (since Mewtwo's there, after all), but why Celebi and Latias? If it was the Psychic typing that was the reasoning, why didn't Lugia, Deoxys, Jirachi, or even the lake trio appear? Even if it's not Psychic typing, Giratina could have had a reason to appear. It did so it Platinum, no? During the same circumstances. Celebi didn't actually do anything noteworthy that the other legends couldn't have, since all she actually did was protect Dawn from a deadly laser beam. I did love it when Mew decided to explode in the background of the motto, though. :D

And second, you never gave any reason at all for May's amnesia. They weren't in Eterna forest at the time (at least, I don't think they were), so Celebi couldn't have been the reason. Or was it just extreme fever?

Third, it appears you forgot to mention the fate of the two dragons after Kartock attempts to hold them up. Were they defeated or did they simply think they weren't worth the trouble of fighting and went back to their own dimensions?

And naming Torchic after the first four letters of your name was a sneaky move. I suppose there's going to be somebody called Neos in the next story? :)

And now, of course, I think I'll move on to Only A Madman. I think the darker setting might whet my tastes more.

See ya!

Signing off,

Shaw Fujikawa chapter 5 . 1/2/2010
Okay, so, going on what I've read, I'm a little hesitant to read too far into this story.

It's entirely solid in it's setting (what's been revealed, at least), but I can't help thinking that some of the characters are OOC. Take Roark, for example. He's totally different from what the games or the anime portray him to be. Same with Prof. Rowan.

And mind you, some of the events in the story seem completely random. They get to Oreburgh, and oddly enough the first thing that goes on there (after the fiasco with Dawn's condition) is that Brendan takes a trek down into the mines (for no discernible reason) and starts a fight with Roark, who either knew exactly who Brendan had been traveling with or riled him up by coincidence. Then, Roark starts literally making a bet with people's lives on the line...

... and the funniest thing is, they AGREE to it! Or rather, May does. In a fit of blind pride. But her portrayal in the previous chapters completely contradicts this. If she was smart or wise enough to give Dusk that heads-up a few chapters earlier, surely she should have been smart enough to know that making a very dangerous wager where people could die just because she got called a few names was utterly ridiculous?

And that bit about Brendan and May faking anger at each other is pointless. Same as above - those two should be smart enough to know that a battle with people's lives at stake is no time at all to play games in. It didn't even serve any purpose other that coax Roark into making the battle even MORE deadly and ludicrous!

... alright. Don't judge me just yet, I've still got the rest of the story to read. Maybe I'll change my mind there?

Signing off,

mm chapter 5 . 10/4/2009
I can't say I liked this chapter. Roark was completely OOC, and what was that about "Her father killed mine"?

I liked the Coronosis, though.

The previous chapters were great, but I think this soap-opera drama chapter wasn't the greatest.
SorenLovesHolly chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
That was an epic pun. I loved it. :D
GijinkaGlaceon chapter 1 . 6/6/2009 this Dusk guy supposed to be Lucas or something?
Desktop Warrior - Deactivated chapter 26 . 5/20/2009
After reading the rest of ITAG, I can easily say this is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. The Galactic battle was epic and the final scenes with May and Brendan were hilarious. There's quite a bit of depth and range of emotions, and it really brings the characters to life. Professor Rowan's revelation didn't really come as a surprise to me, though, I suspected something like that would happen. I'll be taking a look at the sequel soon!
Desktop Warrior - Deactivated chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
Wow...that's all I can say. I was on the edge of my seat for most of this chapter. I love how Dusk is turning colder and more like Brendan. Your OCs are pretty interesting too (Venus was my personal fave). Can't wait to read the rest of ITAG!
MetroidGuy chapter 26 . 3/24/2009
Wow, what can I say. This is one of the best, if not the best fanfics I've ever read. Excellent plot, great character development, and a wonderful, heart-warming romance. In some areas, it was a little clunky in its wording (I would advise against usage of adverbs, if you can avoid them), but never enough to get in the way of the story proper. Bravo!
lola sarah and nik chapter 26 . 2/8/2009
I think your story is very stupid and you gave me a bad review whos talkin now. You probably dont remeber me but I'm the Older Sister Who wrote you a letter and If you are not nice to my brother I will email the director or owner of Fanfiction and your account will be terminated. Now are you going to continue to be rude