Reviews for Crashing
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Haha that was hilarious! Awesome!
superkim111 chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Oh the joys of learning the sordid details of an identity you assumed on the fly. Nicely done.
NothingToulouse chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Before I'll venture into the deep waters of "Dominoes", I thought it might be a good idea to write this review first, because the "General/Humor" genre (and "Friendship", but let's face it - that's an implicitness, isn't it?) fits perfectly.

It's hilarious. I was literally laughing out loud, especially at the end.

Best lines?

"Danny looked over his shoulder at them both again and smiled a killer smile. It was enough to draw a small, breathy moan from Krystle. Rusty gave him a flash of bare teeth."

- great, great imagery. love the "flash of bare teeth".

"“If you ask nicely, Gavin may share the vows.”

Gavin will be too busy kicking your-"

and, of course:

"“He’s just such a hero. It gets me every time.”"

yeah. did I mention the funniness (?) of it all?

And to think that they went through all that trouble because of food. And not because they were starving (although I admit that Rusty would dispute that statement) but because of jalapeño peppers. :D

Great, great job!
Ajedrez chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Rusty and his food... :-) Poor Danny, though. That was a harsh kind of revenge, but funny as hell. And of course (almost) all will be forgiven between these two. A simply wonderful oneshot.
Silver Queen chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Oh, Rusty! Oh, Danny! *in gales of laughter* This is fantastic. True comedy gold. It starts off so simply and just keeps snowballing from there. Utterly brilliant!
ParisAmy chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
I loved Krystle with an 'le' she was great!

So your gona think i'm really weird but aha my last name was in this chap.

Brookes- though it doesnt have an 'e'

The wedding? Frankly that was quite petrifying!

'Since when were you about the details…?'- aha great line!

'Slide show! Eyes wide, Rusty mouthed the words to Danny. He smacked his forehead, eyes gleaming. “What was I thinking? Of course, he does.”- I can imagine Rusty doing this. Now thats payback.

This was a great oneshot thats going straight to favourites!
otherhawk chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
My initial reaction to those lines was indeed correct; this is totally fantastic and utterly hysterical; I'm currently wearing one of those grins that just doesn't go away.

Thinking about how often they must crash conferences for jobs, doing it for canapes kind of feels almost like one of those 'misuse of talent' things that in normal careers can get you struck off. But of course they would; and it's funny.

And I love the fact that Danny immediately knows that it isn't someone Rusty's recognised, or some business opportunity; it's some kind of food stuff. Just throw away but brilliant. One more sign that they just know each other too well.

The 'different question' that appears to be the same question is just masterfully done. Both questions crystal clear, no more discussion needed.

Really loved Krystle. (And that spelling actually hurts me, by the way. Yours?) Just not up to being professional in the face of combined Danny and Rusty smile. And I love the way that they had to put absolutely no effort into being given identities. Though Rusty? Really not looking like a Gavin.

And the whole gay sidekick groupie thing is just too good to be allowed. The double edged 'Oh, David certainly knows what I think of him.' was marvellous.

The description of the wedding is frankly terrifying. Danny is such a git. And 'Since when were you about the details . . . ?' was a brilliant touch. And as awful as that was, I'm not totally sure that Danny actually deserved the revenge. Because that is completely the stuff of nightmares.

Oh, and loath as I am to pick out one particular exchange over the rest, this really was so good.

' “Tell me, have I been particularly obnoxious to you today?”

“Look, Krystle brought the subject up-”

“Have I?”

“No,” Danny conceded.

“Well, there is still time.”'

Well, that and

'“So. I particularly liked the time you had to drink your own urine and you made yellow snowcones to make the experience more palatable.”

A pause.

“I know nothing about mountaineering.”

“Trust me, it showed.”'

Believe me, your humour travels.

And the ending was magnificent, their evening back on track, and that was probably the shortest 'war' two people have ever declared.

Brilliant stuff, as always.
WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
ROFLMAO! OMG, poor Danny! Poor Rusty! But it was so funny! Excellent!