Reviews for Hopeless Case
So touching and sad...
PeelmeagrapeNYC chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Somedays are just awful.
SarcasticBimbo chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
I really think Stephenie Meyer should have included something like this in New Moon. She missed so MANY great opportunities writing her novels.
Lola72 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
This was so good and sad! I loved it (:
TashaTheFirst chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I love reading from charlies point of view. I can't help but feel sorry for him, he goes though so much in the books and never really gets the credit.
Thanks for writing this glimpse into his perspective

Sent from my iPod touch via Pocket Fiction
That70sshowlova chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I feel like crying. Poor Charlie.
withany chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Excellent. Many writers seem to view Charlie as some kind of comedy turn who hangs around in the background, or else an unreasonable tyrant trying to spoil Bella's happiness. To a certain extent, I think this is SM's fault. She wrote Charlie from a very limited Bella standpoint; a Bella who saw him mainly as someone obsessed with fishing and useless at cooking. To be a police chief, even in a little town, he would have to be a shrewd cookie, otherwise he'd be laughed at and replaced. His friends aren't portrayed as idiots, so he can't be.

You have written Charlie as a real person, a real dad, out of his tree with worry about Bella. Brava.
yashasvibansal chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
That piece is something that new moon will always be incomplete without.
BlueRyuu chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
awesome D:
ifellhard chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Whoa! It's so easy to imagine that this could be an excerpt from canon. What a heart-wrenching point of view from Charlie!
Sky-Angel14 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
AWESOME! But so sad.
Fremma chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
I really like this snapshot of Charlie. Your writing is really powerful here.
MysticNyx06 chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
so it always pissed me off that B was willing to just become a vamp and let her parents believe she had just died but this makes me THAT much more pissed off... i was never really mad at E for leaving bc I could see his POV but her just willing to hurt her family in the most horrible way bc she's selfish always made me want to punch her in the mouth. Plus Charlie is like the most amazing character anyway so I love this one-shot. Thanks!
FelicityT chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Well written. FelicityT
betsmecullen chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Thanks so much for filling in the blanks of Bella's "empty" months of New Moon. The pain of both father and daughter is so visceral. No father should have to endure that, nor should any daughter. Kleenex rating 3 out of 5 (see profile).

I am a Charlie fangirl too. My dad died on 9/11/84. I never could remember the date of his death 'til 2001. He probably died at the same time, only 17 years earlier. :(

Thanks for sharing your talents with us through this story.