Reviews for Hopeless Case
PhantomPotterGirl chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
omg this is so sad it describes charlie so well! keep writing things like this becuz i was like so depressed at the end it almost made me cry!
Adlih Siuol chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Wow! very emotional. I almost cried.
Abluebrown chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Oh God.. I think this is The best Charlie point of view I have ever read! It made me cry. But I seriously just love it.
geophf chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Dear The Romanticidal Edwardian,

Thank you for this one-shot.

It was one-two-three-four pages in New Moon. Four blank pages, because it was — what? — it was nothing for Bella. She didn't exist then; nothing did for her.

But Charlie had to go on. Charlie had to — just — go on during that nothing time. He had to go to work, and come home, and go to work ... and come home. All the time seeing that nothing, that void, that used to be his daughter that he so loved. That he still loves.

Your story put something into those blank pages in New Moon. Your story put Charlie there. The dad. The nobody. Ignored before that time; non-existent during; and, again, ignored after that time.

I think this was the first story that made me sit up and say: "Huh. Charlie Swan." That made me realise the depth to the canon, that all these "bit players," as it were, had back stories, had lives that they lived, even as Bella lived hers, ... even as she didn't.

Your story is favoured; of course. But I keep coming back to the image of it. Now that I am a father of my own (two) little girl(s), I keep seeing myself in Charlie's shoes. And, everytime I read this story, I cry, and I try to be as good a father as Charlie tries to be. Maybe my own girls will never go through this, and maybe I'll be able to do things differently than what Charlie does in the canon, but I see the man here struggling to be a man, a father, somebody who loves his daughter with all his heart, and wants her back, and wants her happiness more than he wants anything else in the world.

Blogged it. .com. I present you with a Muse trophy (viewable on my profile) if you are willing to accept it.

Thank you, again, for this terribly sad, real, wonderful story. I hope Charlie gets his happy ending: that is, that his daughter is happy again. I hope all fathers do.

cheers, geophf
Mrs. Edmund Pevensie chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
I normally WOULD have cried, or felt the same pain that I feel whenever I read NEW MOON-Yes, I feel Bella's actual pain (I feel really bad for my friends and family, they have to endure my "deadness" every time). But I actually had Superchick's "Beauty From Pain" playing, and it distracted me a little, but it also made me feel it more because the song is ABOUT pain, and so I still felt it a little. Oh, look, there's my mom. Great story, wish it was longer. Bye. I'm gonna read another one. Wow, I feel REALLY tired now. Maybe I'll read one of your "M" rated ones now. ;) Or maybe not...I don't know...
mymanisfictional chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Aw, this is so sad. I think you did a good job of writing from Charlie's perspective.
NemmerlesRaven chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I love the story! There are so few fanfics that take a peek into Charlie's mind, especially during the time of Bella's depression. The thoughts, the descriptions are just so realistic, I can see it in my mind (from me, that's a great compliment. Normally, I can't picture my family in my mind. yeah, my imagery is that bad). my favorite line is: "They say the worst pain a parent could ever know is having to bury their child…but what the hell is it when you have to be bury them alive?" A great story. Update the others soon!

-Harry
bookish327 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Again (like my last review for you), wow! Very intense, compelling writing. I'm not someone who gravitates towards angst (because I identify with the characters greatly), but I sometimes read it when it's written as well as this. Amazing job.
GirlofTheFlowers chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
So beauiful . this was so so so sad . i cried so much. you are a very talented author and this is an amazing story. do you plan to write anything else like this or from charlie's pov

well done
sammy55 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
That was so good! It really showed the pain both Charlie and Bella were going through!
Sook03 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
...
itunesx221 chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
wow, that was like soo good

SM should have added something like this to new moon... like i didnt like how she hardly showed what bella went through, and like here the reader clearly sees how messed up bella was

u should like write something from EPOV of him hearing charlies thoughts and seeing what charlie went through. that would be really interesting to read

love ur work XD
Twilights1Fan chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
That was nice to read something from Charlie's POV. It was written very well.I think Charlie or recognition never gets enough credit Thanks for sharing.
sportylocks chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
when i read new moon i wanted to kill edward,but know i want him to die the most painful i am currently sobbing my eyes out and in 5 minutes ,calling my boyfriend ,threating his man hood if he ever left me
shasta53 chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
You really did Charlie's POV well in this. I would love to see more of your work toward the end of NM when Edward returns.
93 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »