Reviews for Incognito
pheobe p chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Hi - so I hadn't reviewed this story yet but I wanted you to know that it is one of my favorites. One of my favorite things about the series is Sam grappling with his "evilness" because - of course we all know - he's actually so good and sensitive. Not at all an evil person. But, its like no one sees it except for Dean.

Especially this last season (7) I've really noticed how everyone who accepts or DID accept Sam, did so because of Dean.

I think this is such a cool dynamic because it lets Dean still "take care" of Sam in a way. Maybe i can't explain it well!

But that dynamic is really highlighted in this story with the other pair of brothers and the scene in the sinking bus.

That was so powerful. I love when the story everyone is hiding is worthy of waiting on - and this really was.

Great story.

FallenAngel218 chapter 6 . 12/15/2011
I enjoyed this story from beginning to end. The birthday celebration at the end made me smile. Loved the T-shirt! When my brother was born in 1991, my Dad bought me a pink shirt that said "I'm the big sister." Your little snippet brought back a great memory! Thanks for sharing!
FallenAngel218 chapter 4 . 12/14/2011
This is getting so exciting! I'm glad the fallen angel creature didnt' get Timothy! phew!
FallenAngel218 chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
I hope they can kill this thing! What a creepy story! I love it!
FallenAngel218 chapter 2 . 12/13/2011
Very sticky and gory. This is getting interesting. I wonder what's going on?
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Love it so far. I feel for the kids in that accident. I love your details and imagery. :)
ccase13 chapter 6 . 10/9/2011
This was a very interesting story. The ticks were especially creepy. I HATE ticks. Dean definitely got the worst of the ticks. The demon/angel beast was truely horrible. The drowned brothers were very sad. I kept seeing young Dean and Sam.
LyNn-6t7 chapter 6 . 6/3/2011
Once again another great story. I've written a few things supernatural and I've posted a few short oneshots...but I really hope I can work up to writting a full story like this and have it be 'at the least' half as awesome as yours. lol. ;)
fred21 chapter 6 . 4/7/2010
Another brilliant story by you. Just love how you describe everything, you always use such descriptive language.
Amy Renee chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
This was a brilliant, creative, and gripping story. Easily on my top five favorites list. I loved the subtle and unconscious gestures between Dean and Sam, and of course, the obvious ones as well. You weaved an intricate, believable, and exciting plot with an awesome depiction of the bond between the brothers and their inner struggles while working this case. Solid. You wrote it so well, giving great visual descriptions and creating a great atmosphere; it was eerie, smart, sweet, dramatic, dark, etc. all wrapped in one.

"Vlad the impaler" and "Batman." "George Clooney or Christian Bale?" - Classicly funny. And I loved at the end when Dean yelled "Mine!" There were so many great lines... just an all around great story.
Linnie McCary chapter 6 . 9/6/2009
There was something really different about this story than the previous ones...not sure I can quite put my finger on it, although I think I can come close. Regardless, it was clever and innovative and interesting and well-written! The paragraphs in Chapter 2 about morning and evening for Dean and the countdown were stunning. Such care was taken with each of the victims' families' statements to the "court TV reporters" (fun and different!)-the line about the meatloaf really got to me.

I remember thinking early on about how much I enjoyed the judicious use of your soundtrack...enjoyed it even more as the story progressed. The TV programs, too. "Shoot the TV?" LOL.

"feeling the night rest on their shoulders" - what a beautiful metaphor. Wonderful cliffie at the end of Ch2, too (see, I can say that because I didn't have to wait for Ch3 to be posted-that's why I almost never read WIPs!). Also, you do very well at completely grossing me out, may I say. Have had sufficient experience of my own with those little beasties. I chuckled at the "Stand By Me"-ness of that scene, and nodded approvingly when Sam brought up the movie. Reminded me, too, that I've been meaning to recommend "Wristcutters" to you, as a terrific quirky film you should definitely watch, if you haven't already.

Dean looking kind...wow. Not a word I generally associate with Dean, so I lingered long over the image.

Just as I started tallying potential red herrings (the weird things, like the jack and the statue), you made the connection for me. Brilliant! Then I started wondering when the British policeman might show up...:)

"Matt wasn't going anywhere without Bobby. And he didn't." I think I stopped breathing for a few moments, there.

You made me wonder for a while whether Jolly literally brought all this about, but I didn't guess at the real answer.

Great GREAT stuff when the thing comes for Tim in Ch4. I was on the edge of my seat from the moment the brothers clamored up the stairs. Action verbs, tension, pace, mystery-all of it GREAT!

Sammy the Dark Lord unable to sleep alone was absolutely sweet, and I savored Dean's recognition of it. Lovely work, Blair.

BRILLIANT: "(S)ometimes what you think you want isn't at all what you thought."

Oh, Dean, my hero: World first, Winchesters second.

Oh, Sam, my poor darling: "I'm scared I'm gonna turn into a monster and you won't be here to kill me."

LOL. Okay, this time, Dean's voice is vanilla pudding! *opens kitchen cabinet* Next time, I'm gonna look for, uh, turmeric and baking soda!

I don't do snow any more, but your writing brings me right back to it, its crunch, its sting, its look. You write snow very precisely, and it's beautiful.

I'm curious about the Lucky Charms reference in describing the Thing. (I won't say what, because you know, and sometimes people read reviews before they read fics. I'll try not to give things away.)

Shades of Gandalf and the Balrog, with Sam and the Thing...

Do you suppose we'll ever find out why Dean and Jessica share a birthday? Surely that's got to be something more than an oversight.

Twice in this fic you used a concept about unspoken conversations, and the first time I tried to express my appreciation for it, but couldn't, so didn't. Then, near the end, you wrote, "(H)e thought he felt him say something," and my heart just broke. It's a gorgeous concept, and I love it, and it kills me.

Great job, Blair! I really enjoyed this one, too!
nemoed chapter 6 . 6/20/2009
Oh. My. Goodness.

I read this yesterday in one sitting and it's so brilliant that I'm having a bit trouble finding the right words here. Your style is wonderfully dynamic but doesn't neglect the actual characterization. So basically I'm just saying that I really, really enjoyed this clever, fast-paced story and I absolutely loved the way you present Sam in here. Great work :)
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 6 . 6/6/2009
WAH

absoloutley amazing

im the big brother tee just closed it all up with a bow

loved it hun x

excellent writing x
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 3 . 6/5/2009
hahahahaahh! LMAO

“Which… which ones, man? Twig or berries?”

Dean didn’t even bother looking up. “Vlad the Impaler.”

Oh. Sam nodded. Should have known it’d have a name like that. He cleared his throat. “Just yank it off, real fast. Like a band aid.”

OMG- i've never laughed so much- awesome writing hun x

ahha
annj chapter 6 . 1/28/2009
Another story come and gone. And I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to say except "aw". I loved the humor. "George Clooney or Christian Bale" almost made me fall from my chair *lol*. And as usual, the action was breathtaking. I really had to make myself read every single word, to relish every single part of it and not skip some because it was so freaking thrilling I just had to know what'd happen after.

Okay, gotta go back to get some work done and then it's the next story. I'm so excited already *lol*.