Reviews for Incognito
youthere chapter 6 . 1/1/2009
Wow, that fight scene really played out well, I literally stopped breathing when the angel tripped Sam. Loved the end of that sequence...
youthere chapter 5 . 1/1/2009
"Each had a machete. Each had a blade. Each had a shiv. Each had a glock. Each had the other’s back. It was the same."- lovely!
youthere chapter 4 . 1/1/2009
Girl, you come up with the coolest monsters!

And damn, you had me liking Jolly... if the monster doesn't get him, can I shoot him?
youthere chapter 3 . 1/1/2009
Vlad the impaler? I'll never look at Dean the same way again... :)

The objects indicating the names of the dead children was just so very cool...
youthere chapter 2 . 1/1/2009
“Well, he might complain he didn’t stay here last night and tonight?”- Very smooth- loved that answer:)

I really liked their reactions to the TV turning on. It was very creepy, somehow. Had me kinda jumpy reading it. I especially liked how Sam first comments that Jess liked Meet Joe..., and then they reacted to the thought of her, as much as to the TV.
AquarianNightSky chapter 6 . 11/20/2008
Good story
K Hanna Korossy chapter 6 . 8/23/2008
I'll never do a story this long justice in a review, but I wanted to at least say I enjoyed. The analogy of the Parkman brothers (a Heroes ref there? :) was pretty heartbreaking, as was the revelation of Bobby's specialness. Makes me wonder about the lake that swallowed them up and the reason Jolly felt something pushing him to pass the kid by. You put a lot in here: the deal, of course, Sam's fate after-something most fanon seems to forget in the focus on the deal in S3-the special kids, and an interesting case with a good twist. Who knew ticks could be creepier than most of the uglies they fight? And the moments of humor were nice, too, especially, for some reason, the "obviously insane brother" line. The birthday and the "29 forever" were bittersweet ways to wrap it up. Good story, and impressively long and complex.

My only pet cringe: "baby" will never sound right to me coming from Dean's mouth, I'm sorry!
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 6 . 8/21/2008
OMG I love this story. It was so exciting. When Sam first climbed up the silo I was expecting something to happen to him but then it didn't...and then later on in the story it did. \0/ Win!

The level of detail you go into is just fantastic, you create some awesome other characters and I really think you've got the brothers relationship down perfectly. It's a real skill to do that and I reckon you've mastered it.

The demon was great, painted into reality with some incredible imagery and the Batman reference...LOL. My only wish is that I could read the word "patronus" without thinking of Harry Potter -honestly I've been ruined by J K Rowling.

Anyway I don't rec stories nearly enough so this one will be rec'ed by me at every given opportunity.

Thanks for sharing. Liz x
geminigrl11 chapter 6 . 8/6/2008
Read this over the weekend, too, but I am just getting around to leaving a review...sorry about that!

LOVED this fic-my favorite of the three so far. And the reason? Is the incredible scene in this final chapter of Sam nearly being sucked Below and Dean holding him back from the brink. Cinematic in scope and visceral in affect and TOTALLY AWESOME. You gave me gooesbumps. And what a great analogy to the whole life they've been living since John died...barely holding on to each other, not certain if even that grip will be enough, always on the brink of being lost forever.

And your evil critter was CREEP-Y! Very cool!

Love the music as well, all throughout!

Keep it coming! I'm keeping my eye on Villisca and will be reading as soon as it's complete (made even cooler by the fact that I live about 90 minutes from there...though I've never yet visited).
leahcim chapter 6 . 7/13/2008
Finally got around to reading the last chapter - awesome job - be proud! Really liked the humor with the shepherd and the protector. Liked the punch from Dean when he had nothing else to give. Liked Sam's Winter Lager that they drank. Really nice end, bittersweet. Good job!
sendintheclowns chapter 6 . 7/10/2008
Dean blinked as the creature hissed something rather familiar to him.

“Samy.”

Yikes! You took the creepy to a whole new level with the fight scene. Wow.

And you remembered Dean's birthday. Or should I say Sam did. Very nice way to wrap the story.
sendintheclowns chapter 5 . 7/10/2008
Dean's thoughts here are so perceptive: 'Words from the horse’s ass. Blind promises, although more than heartfelt, wanting so badly make it come true. But the as long as I’m around part was a little shaky these days and Dean knew Sam more than felt it. The look in his eyes, the way he carried his body, the tone in his voice. The ache in his soul. Sam was scared. And so was Dean. But he’d never admit it. Never admit that he was afraid of…'

You sure dialed up the angst with this one: “Yeah, you’re scared you’re going to turn into some kind of monster and I’m gonna have to kill you!”

“No, Dean, I’m scared I’m gonna turn into a monster and you won’t be here to kill me.”

Love the description here: 'The hybrid-angel stood on the far side of the stable, gaunt and magnificent. Its vast webbed-wings were spread mammothly, almost reaching the length of the interior between the stalls. Its face was tight, the muscles under its taught cheeks rippling upon excitement, its thin fingers dazzling, clenching into its hands.'

You've got a very tight story here filled with original images.
sendintheclowns chapter 4 . 7/10/2008
I loved this image: 'Skin… pale. Lips… colorless. Eyes… lifeless. Cold Oak all over again. The fear was never far from the back of his mind.'

And Dean's return to the ground with Sam gave me rumblies in my tumblies, mainly because I'm scared of heights but this was good, too: 'He started his fragile descent, taking each step easy, firmly, making sure his boot was solid before he bore weight into it. Dean tried to focus on his balance, on the rescue, but with his brother laying limply against him, he found himself checking for signs of life. Breathing, warmth, sound.'

The last scene was so intense with the dark angel stalking Sam and Dean, the protector, blocking its way.
gidgetgal9 chapter 6 . 7/8/2008
Wow, what an epic battle at the end- loved it!

How creepy was it that the fallen angel wanted Sam? EW!

Ending it on Dean's b-day was perfect- great story all the way around- loved every minute!

Can't wait for you next girl! :0) Claudia
gidgetgal9 chapter 5 . 7/8/2008
I loved how you opened this chapter in Dean's pov- showing us where his head was. Oh and this part is love-

Dean looked down and smiled to himself. As sad as it was, the kid could barely sleep in a room alone. He’d almost always had to share his room or bed with someone, save for the few months away from college before he met Jessica. And now, even Sam didn’t want to spend their precious time away from his doomed sibling, awake or asleep.

Dean shook his head and chuckled to himself. Yeah, he’d make a great Dark Lord one day.

I adored that last line!

The reveal about Mr. Tell was great- I so didn't see it coming!

Sam's breakdown over the younger brother- that broke my heart- such a great part- and I love how you had Dean pull him out of his funk as only Dean can.

Loved the Ozzy shirt part!

Great build up to the next chapter!
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »