Reviews for Incognito
gidgetgal9 chapter 4 . 7/8/2008
I'm back from vacation- and so happy to have this waiting on me!

I loved the rescue- had me on pins and needles!

Batman is a fallen angel- wow- loved that reveal!

Oh and the secret that Jolly had kept about the brothers- was so heart breaking- I know it broke our boys too! Wow!

Oh and this part-

Patronus, redono.

Dean reached down and picked up a rock, slinging it at the creature and hitting it on its head. “Stop saying that!” he screamed, his entire body seething, starting off in an unbridled run towards the angel.

I could so see Dean doing this in his frustration! Great chapter!
PsychicWonderKitty chapter 6 . 7/5/2008
WHEW! Intense story, nicely done! Nice twist with the old Native American being the one conjuring the fallen angel and being related to the Parkman brothers, didn't see that one coming! And great job on fleshing out the OC characters, especially Jolly...I went from feeling pretty awful for him, to feeling a pang of resentment toward him when I read that part about him drowning those kittens (animal lover, here!), back to feeling bad for him as his family kept dying so gruesomely around him, and finally to really not liking him at all after he confessed to deliberately not saving that poor Bobby kid.

Gotta say, that part really got my emotions working, because not only could I see that poor little boy begging to be saved, and his big brother jumping in after him, but even more, I could see that little boy being Sammy, and the big brother being Dean...even before the revelation that Bobby had been one of the 'special kids' came. How easy is it to picture a little Sammy, all wide pleading eyes and outstretched arms, but being left to die just because he's 'different', and a frantic Dean diving right into his own death to save him? Wow, getting teary-eyed again just thinking about it...

Excellent job though, on the parallels of the Rogers case and Parkman brother tragedy to Sam and Dean, and very suspenseful stuff in the bat-creature's targeting Sam, from the stalking, to the near-drowning, all the way to the end battle, and it's constant admonitions to Dean to give up his little bro, to stand down as Sam's protector...Batman obviously didn't know the Dean that we know! LOL. And finally, great ending, Sam's brief emotional breakdown, Dean's declaration to always fight for him, and the lighthearted "I'm the Big Brother" t-shirt moment...that pretty much says it all, heehee.

Enjoyed the read, looking forward to your next story! :-)
Anna chapter 6 . 7/3/2008
One word. WOW! This was fantastic. I can't think of one thing that could be better. It grabbed my attention from the beginning and held it all the way through. Great job!
mycherrypie chapter 6 . 7/3/2008
That was a kick-ass fight scene! Way to go! Creepy with Dean - I was feeling his pain!

Loved Sam needed a lifetime more of moments.

Loved Timothy and his mouth was hiding smiles that one day would reappear. Aw.

This was fun and touching and lovely.

Loved the hanging on to Sam as he was pulled down with the angel.

Great job! Congrats!
Maz101 chapter 6 . 7/3/2008
So...Congratulations! Another great chapter to end. It has everything in spades - action, hurt, drama and angst. And a great evil - fallen angel demon. Loved your descriptions of it - very evocative and threatening...

Loved "It pressed it's silvered index finger to the hunter’s lips as Dean gurgled a sound.

“Sh...” Its throat sizzled.

It seized into white-hot pain. Melting into his skin."

And..."It slurped strings of spit, reached out knarly fingers to the younger and stroked his face

And..." The angel’s ankles engulfed in a tenacious tornado of soot, climbing up to its legs. It strangled its way up the muscular body, suffocating the beast from the outside in." Nice!

Loved Sam's panic..."It was his life halting, skidding on asphalt without a seatbelt. Without protection."

Loved Dean's protectiveness (and your humour)...“I’m the shepherd, Sam.” Dean shoved his brother behind him.

“Protector,” Sam mumbled.

“Whatever.”

And loved the "honey-coated with a hint of love, “Baby.”- Aw! I knew we'd hear it again.

Once again I admire how you wound it up with the OC's pretty quickly. As in your previous story - the boys move on - not tied to those they've saved. It's a job right!

The whole motel recovery/birthday/be strong dialogue was great too.

So well done you. And thanks for the read.
Elesem chapter 5 . 7/2/2008
Great work! I like your theories about Sam and Dean's destiny. I've got a story going too, called Coven. Though my style is very different from yours, my theroies are pretty similar. It'll be interesting to see how Kripke plays it out. I'll get on to your last chapter now.
apieceofcake chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
Enjoyed it, thank you :-)
rosebud98 chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
That was a great fight scene. Awesome! Loved each minute and the tumbling towards the dirts of death - that was great! Loved the Dean/Sam hanging on while the swirling occurred. Great!

Dean's birthday was a bittersweet way to end this.

Congratulations!
surrealgreen chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
Great story! The fallen angel was one of the best original monsters I've read in the sn fanverse. I also like the relationship angle with the brothers. I look forward to your next story.
Colby's girl chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
Loved the story. It mimics well the bittesweet endings of Supernatural. They save the day but are always faced with the doom just around the corner, be it Sam's destiny or Dean's deal. Thanks.
Elesem chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
Very eerie! Batman, ticks, what'll you think of next? I'm looking forward to it.
rosebud98 chapter 5 . 6/29/2008
This is so good! I'm glad that I discovered you out here - can hardly wait to read the showdown!

LOVED the Sam/Dean confrontation in the snow.

The World First. The Winchesters Second. AWESOME!
surrealgreen chapter 5 . 6/29/2008
Wow. This is great! Its so deliciously creepy and deep, with all the metaphors. Can't wait to see what happens next, so I hope you update soon.
leahcim chapter 5 . 6/29/2008
You had great chemistry between the boys here. Really, really good in fact. Nice twist with the who was summoning the demon. Had me fooled - I thought it was Mrs. Post!

Sam telling Dean he was afraid he wouldn't be there to kill him, nice wording, felt that.

Looking forward to the last chapter! This one was my fave so far!
Maz101 chapter 5 . 6/29/2008
Yeah, alerts are down (so annoying!) but your readers will find you!

Another great chapter. Don't know why I didn't see Mr Tell's involvement coming - you know...with his introduction in the first chapter and then ...nothing! Usually a bit of a give away. But you kept it hidden - well done.

Loved the brother angst and a GREAT cliffie.

Some great lines in here too ...

Loved "Words from the horse’s ass."

And "Dean’s brother was draped over it like GI Joe caught in a Barbie Dream House sleepover." (LOL!)

So looking forward to the next one!
78 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »