Reviews for Dark Lord Rising
Redbird27 chapter 20 . 8/9/2008
This was a fantastic chapter. A calm and in-control Harry is quite the force to be reckoned with. Dumbles is really starting to squirm. And it looks like McGonagall will be landing firmly in Harry and Hermione's corner. Can't wait for the next update!
Vukk chapter 20 . 8/9/2008
I think many of us are wondering is he going to be a dark lord similar to how Voldemort is or more like how Malfoy/Snape are or...

Nice story up to here...
pstibbons chapter 20 . 8/9/2008
Albus gets away again.

So... why are Harry and Hermione still in Hogwarts?
Fibinaci chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Hmm boy, McGonagal has her priorities skewed. It was fine to kidnap and endanger an unwilling student for a contest against her parents express wishes but a monitoring charm on a wizard was too much? I loved that Harry could manage to teach himself occlumency but Snape couldnt give him anything usefull.
kaylee-jane-potter chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
loved it! go pissed off harry and mcG!
major wallace chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
go on
what are you even saying chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Great update, that was a confrontation to be remembered!

Looking forward to more.
Cateagle chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
My, my, Albus, things can certainly "gang aglee" rather quickly when you've got a very tangled web, there. Your actions, or inactions, are likely to cost you much the way the Tournament and related events are directing Harry. Your beset "saving throw" at this point would be a full "come to Jesue moment" where you 'fess up to everything involving Harry; it's likely your only chance to retain any relationship and influence with him; as 'tis now, I'd expect that both he and Hermione will be attending another school next yeat.
Jensindenial3516 chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Love the fic! Thanks!
maidros78 chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
It was an interesting insight into the workings of Hogwarts. I am glad you decided to salvage Minerva's character. She was another character who had a lot of potential, and was completely wasted in the end in Canon. The early series Minerva who could stand up to Dumbledore and tell him he was wrong was a far cry from the yes-woman she turned into in the later books.

Dumbledore - I expected a bit more from him, but your way works reasonably well. After all, Dumbledore is nothing if not the master of manoeuvre. He would likely have had a convincing story for most, if not all things.

Hope to see more soon.

Regards,

Maidros
Vilkath chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Hmm bit wierd go through so much effort to get Mcgonagal onto their side, she always struck me as worthless Dumbledoor-mat canon wise, and very little savlagable even in fan fics. She never stands up for any the students really, except perhaps evil slytherin and such. Like this chapter, can you even imagine her dention with hermonie while she tries to be 'fair' while knowing how Snape favor his slytherin and turn it into a cozy little meeting, if he makes her come at all. Blind eye towards Snape's actions all those years is perhaps the worst bit of her character, as they say for evil to win the good just has to do nothing.

Frankly I think it's far to late to bother trying to save her, especialy after her actions against hermonie earlier and her views on muggles and muggleborn.
RobC chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Busted!

Changing schools really does seem like a better and better idea. But that could be a hard story to right; either Dumbles goes a bit nuts trying to control Harry or the kids have a nice peaceful time for the rest of their schooling. :)

Rob
Holen-Snape chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Love the update. what happens next? thank you
librarywitch chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Thanks for a new chapter. You should have twisted old Albus on that hook some more. Really good story.
icyhiei chapter 20 . 8/8/2008
Great chapter! I was thinking Harry might even learn about the prophecy this chapter, but Dumbledore is still trying to hide it... I can't wait to read the next chapter!
2,100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 111 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 131 .. Last Next »