Reviews for Dark Lord Rising
L-dawg chapter 19 . 8/8/2008
Well done!

As the story has progressed I am starting to wonder about the title "Dark Lord Rising". If some reviewers are right then I think Harry should just be labled a dark lord by the ministry as they tend to label anything that threatens their views and authority as "dark". Many magical beings in the HP universe are labeled dark by the ministry as an excuse to deny them rights and prevent them from trying to get more fair representation in the government.

In this case it would be safe to establish that there are two types of "Dark Lord".

Riddle is one type, the psychotic killer who has become completely corrupted by the dark magic he uses and seeks to plunge the world into his twisted kind of order more akin to the dark ages. He uses the pureblood supremacy idealology as an excuse to take his anger at the people who mistreated him out on those believes can't fight back.

Harry would be more seen as a reformer who challenges the wizarding world's preconceived notions and traditions. Harry is considered a dark lord because he doesn't go along with the rest of society. Harry would only want to tear down the ministry if left with no other choice. He may just have to though as the ministry is mostly run by purebloods with little or no representation by muggleborns in the Wizegmont.

I think its time Harry and the gang started talking to other muggleborn students and their families to see if they've suffered similar abuse and persecution as Hermione. If the headmaster won't do anything about bullies like malfoy then maybe several lawsuits against them from the families of their victims might get his attention.

Please update soon!
madeye harry chapter 19 . 8/5/2008
Hi, me again !

So, Pomfrey is funny with Harry 'cos of that article, probably because of the fact she heals people and finds out that harry has cut someone in half, ain't surprising that she is cold and businesslike with him.

Hold on, if the NURSE is like this, then what in the name of god are the feelings of Mcgonagall and Dumbledore and Snape ?

Hopefully we'll soon find out in the later chapter. If Harry is starting to distrust McGonagall isn't surprising because she could've easily have checked up on him whilst he was growing up.

Bear in mind she has helped him, not enough though.

The upcoming confrontation with Dumbledore has concerned me. I can predict Snape's routine speech - " Potter is an arrogant brat!" i expect that but what about the other two. Will Dumbledore try to manipulate the pair of them ?

The logic that man uses amazes me and angers me at the same time - How would revealing that you killed to protect someone you love from an idiot help you control the poor git ?

Does he expect Harry to hide behind him ?

That wont work because Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Remus and the Grangers don't trust him because he has 1. Stopped him from leaving a competition he doesn't wanna compete him and then agreed with a greasy haired Death Eater suggest to use him as bait.

2. Let people get away with stuff that is just mean in the belief that it'll help you forgive them later. If it was a person who actually had ANY sense of reality they would never be forgiven. 2.b Hurting the person she loves by playing the holier than thou card and putting them under various monitoring charms.

3. Sirius - allowing his godson to be hurt and shoved into something he does not want to do.

4. Remus - putting a best friend in prison and failing to use influence to bring about a trial.

5. The Grangers- same as 3 and 4 but the fact that Dumbledore did not heed their desire for Hermione to be safe and out of the tournament. The man is the fucking headmaster ! he is supposed to care about the kids and listen to what the parents have to say, whether they are wizard of not shouldn't matter.
darthdrew1704 chapter 19 . 8/3/2008
dude this is one most excellent story i do hope you update again soon,

darth
Slytherin's Pimp chapter 19 . 8/3/2008
UPDATE SOON! I WANT TO SEE HARRY TEAR THEIR SPLIN OUT THEIR ASS!
madeye harry chapter 19 . 8/3/2008
so, harry is thinking of leaving Hoggy Hogwarts ?

Hopefully he and hermione decides after the meeting with dumbledork and grease ball, what'll happen ?

I loved the twist with rita skeeter, but will you put her in like J.K put in at the end or will you bring the wrath of Mt. Hermione on her far earlier than in the book ? I hope you do because i'd like to see the sickly cow suffer.

About the leaving Hogwarts theme seems that is now more common and it has been discussed in several chapters previous to this one. If they do leave they'll probably get grief, not just from Dumbledore and the order, but from the ministry and from Voldemort. they have plenty of reson - snape, the staff and the fact that the dada teacher tries to kill harry.

I like your version of Hermione because i like the way she is - she isn't a dumbledore groupie and i loved the way pug pansy was shown the depths of her stupidity.

But i hate to see what the consequences 'll be.

Snape - bastard. You'd have thought that after going through Harry's mind that he'd have seen that he HATES being famous but the guy is consistent with the canon version- arrogant and a jerk. Will you write a chapter with sirius or remus telling harry about lily.

Dumbledore - i love manipulative versions of the guy. I wonder what you do with him.

What will happen to sirius and remus, and will you bring tonks and her mom into the fold ?

PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
fhippogriff chapter 19 . 8/3/2008
I have enjoyed your story. I'm not to big a fan of the whole bonding-with-your-soulmate-genre, but the story is interesting. I'm curious about the title. Is the Dark Lord rising, Voldemort, or is it Dumbledore's fear that it's Harry? I thought for a while that Ron would be full of vengeance, and maybe he would want to be a dark lord, but we haven't seen Ron in many chapters, now, and I guess you've trivialized him.
Henio41 chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Great job so far. plzz update soon.
jdboss1 chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
I wood get expelled befor doing any of the task and the headmaster wood have to expelled me (if i was harry)

expelled not in school so cant do task if they cant expelled him then run the school dont go to Detentiiong or i just do a small thin and go to wizodind jell for a week for to when there id a task

and at the ball i was said i am GAY and get Ron to be my dat

or i just be ILL of the day

I wood said that ron is my frend and hop he the 1 that is for task 2 abd leave the shit down there and said i dont no how to get down there

PS why has harry not attack the Headmaster Dumbledore overe task 2 Post him a boom he wood think it was ok to opent becouse there no magic on it Put the boom up the owl’ ass and when i get 1m from leter it blow up
icyhiei chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Great chapter! I really like this story. I can't wait to read the next chapter!
kyzhart chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Wonderful writing. I like how Sirius, Remus and the Grangers are collaborating. You might want to incorporate the Grangers getting in touch with other muggleborn parents. I could see that as another tool for turning the wizarding world on its ear.
TheHard chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Wow... Are you really considering to send Harry and Hermione to other school? because, even if the have to go back to Hogwarts, I think it's something I've never read before :)

Nice chapter, thanks for sharing
cancelmyaccountplz chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Yeah! Bad Hermione, breaking Pansy's leg. I loved that. I can't wait to see how this backfires on Dumble's. It will, won't it? I hope so. I'm looking forward to the next chapter and seeing what Hermione does to Rita after what she did to Pansy.
atlantis-rob chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Nice to see them dealing out some retribution on those deserving, hopefully now they can also work some against dumbles and his stink. Cheers!
Alorkin chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Of course, both Dumbledore and Skeeter are going to put precisely the wrong spin on this conversation. It's also interesting to note, how Dumbledore dismissed the dead merman so casually.

"they heard someone shout out “We don’t want any murderers in our school.” Maybe then you sholdn't have a Death Eater as potions master!

Pansy's attack is pro-forma for the Slytheirns, but Hermione's reaction was both swift and brutal. Perfect!

So, now, Harry has publicly 'outed' Snape as a legilimens, and by his open defiance, has forced Dumbledore, and likely the Board of Governors to get involved. As a addend, he has also openly implied that Snape enjoys the suffering of the students ad will do nothing to help any of them.

I'm not really sure what good asking McGonagall to attend the meeting will do, given her recent attitude shift.

As before, I eagerly await the next chapter of 'Dark Lord Rising'. (Why do I hear'the Doors'?)

Alorkin
scout-01 chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Great chapter. Poor Harry and Hermione. Pansy got what she deserved.
2,080 | « Prev Page 1 .. 111 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 131 .. Last Next »