Reviews for Dark Lord Rising
jayods chapter 6 . 7/27/2008
seeing how the 2nd task played out, i can't help but wonder what the 3rd task will bring. and with the adult's views of hogwarts now, it'll take a lot to have them return the kids there for their 5th year. or maybe all it would take is a prophecy? :p also, can't wait to see how sirius' trial. good job. update soon!
what are you even saying chapter 6 . 7/27/2008
Very good update. I think even the fools in charge of the tournament would have thought of that. I assume the tasks were set before the Goblet was activated.

Looking forward to more.
Cateagle chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Hmm, I wonder if Dumbles was rather afraid of having his machinations exposed; it makes you wonder what other schemes, nefarious or otherwise, he's got cooking. I do like the way REmus supported Harry & Hermione and faced down Dumbles. A visit with SIrius and Hermione's parents was precisely what the young couple needed to un wind and relax. I daresay they both were a bit embarassed by "The Talk" and I suspect Sirius will feel repurcussions from that picture somewher along the way.
Vilkath chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Interesting stuff, all though bit disapointed the idea of Harry not trying to win never came up. He is forced to compete, but nothind said he had to give his absoulte best.

First off the Headmaster is against him, forcing him to compete and put his life in danger for his little games. Not to mention all the other champions have their headmasters support, often helping them 'cheat' by feeding them information while Dumbledoor hardly said anythign to Harry except to force him to compete.

Second the student body slanders him and won't support him in the least, so no 'school pride' to worry about.

Thirdly his head of house just basicaly said his best friend and now girlfriend doesn't matter and put her in a life or death situation against his and her wishes.

Last it's not like Harry needs the money, and given the prices quoted from the books a thousand gallons seems like chump changes to risk your life for. If stuff like Harry's wand cost 7 gallons, thousand barely enough get a kid through a few years of school really if end up buying like five DaDA books for a gallon or two each like in year two. Especialy if you consider it's not like Harry could enjoy the money with the house arrest system he lived under.

So we ask ourself, Harry has to compete or suposively die by the magic binding contract he didn't sign, for a school he isn't apart of. I mean if it's one champion per school, and Harry's name turned up for some 4th unamed school so.. it's obviously faked but hey wizards can't think of obvoius things like that.

So big question is.. why not just flub the test and sit down at the entrance? I know it's against Voldemorts plans, and it's against Dumbledoor's plans but why should Harry care so much? Just have him sit down and 'plan his route' untill some one elses reaches the cup.

I also really hope this doesn't just end the sterotypical way of Harry touches the cup, resurcts voldemort etc etc. Nothing worse then AU characters and events turning out exactly like Canon in the major scenes like Voldemorts resurction.
dexterZ chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
good chapter...nice character development scenes and dumbles should keep his nose out of other people's business...he has too much power for a single man to have...ur story is good at pointing out plot holes in canon...update soon please...
Arkenstone007 chapter 4 . 7/26/2008
I am a Chemistry Major and Ethylene Glycol is a component of Anti-Freeze and Diethylene glycol is used to dissolve the glue used to hold wall paper onto the walls. Both are highly toxic if ingested, and will probably cause death rather than just bowel movements. I think you are thinking about Glycerin Suppostories which are used to help people go, but are not eaten. however I suppose in low enough doses polyetheylene glycol could cause sickness and waste voiding in order to remove the toxins from the body as soon as possible.
Wonderbee31 chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Very good part here, and liked that Albus backed down, though he once again didn't answer a direct question did he? Going to look forward to what happens after they get back to school, and what all will be the fallout from that task.
librarywitch chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
thanks for a new chapter. Nice point about wizards following blindly tradition and the ministry.
Henio41 chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
good job so far. plzz update soon
Edmond O'Donald chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Another great chapter! You should be pleased with the progress of this story. I like, in particular, the details that you've given about the involvement with Hermione's parents. It was a great way to see a team starting to come together for the purposes of supporting Harry and making it possible for him and Hermione to survive the battles that will be coming for them.

I also liked the way you've written about the affection and love between Harry & Hermione. It's been described really well so far. In particular...the falling asleep in the love seat together. That was pretty cool...because it was so natural & made sense.

Good job!

Regards,

the_scribbler
Holen-Snape chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
What will dumbles think of Harry now? He thought Harry was going dark when Harry was in tears having to kill the dieing dragon but know he cursed the merman. Is he dead or hurt? Looking forward to more. thank you
animaluvr123 chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
I LOVED THIS CHAPTER, UPDATE SOON PLEASE!
Darksnider05 chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
I have to say the body count is rising and it's all been justified so far, I have to wonder what Dumbledore is playing at.
Vellouette chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
If this story is going to continue past fourth year I really don't see why Harry and Hermione should or would return to Hogwarts. They'd be much better off with private tutors as there's no gurantee that any other school would be any better.
lycus chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
That was great and you had Harrys' emotional state down perfectly. And I hope that Minerva sees that Hermione has changed her attitude about her head of house and at least starts to feel some sort of guilt about what happened at the second task. But I have to say that if Hermione gets a magical guardian Harry will need one too, but it will have to be someone who isn't loyal to dumbledore. And if that doesn't work the fact that they are married should make them adults and they can choose to leave Hogwarts at anytime they want. And I can kind of see where this is heading so it would eventually be better if harry did get private tutors and leave Hogwarts, he would be less stressed and he wouldn't have to put up with dumbles manipulations, Snapes bias, Malfoys attempts at bullying, or Rons stupidity.
2,039 | « Prev Page 1 .. 113 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 133 .. Last Next »