Reviews for Dark Lord Rising
Alorkin chapter 5 . 7/23/2008
A very, very well put together piece. This is the second of two simliar stories I have read in as many days. (Challange?)

Each begins with Harry and Hermione realizing how they feel about each other and creating a bond beteen them. Everything follows from there like ripples in a pond. Ron's jealousy here has earned him some broken bones, but Ginny is not trying to win Harry over through the liberal application of 'freelance pharmaceuticals'.

Dumbleore's abject refusal to chastise any oof the students for their insults and slanders, is not unexpected. McGonagall's taking action in his stead is. In canon she also tolerated the abuse.

And the ferret gets his. GOOD! Rapists should die!

Albie is twinkling and pushing Harry just as hard as he can without getting caught. Meanwhile the Dursleys are in prison...in Australia! Heh heh heh! Brilliant!

Surprisingly enough, McGonagall is doing nothing to help. Her reliance of the lack of legal status she exhibits seems OOC for her. I wonder why? She has until now, stood staunchly behind Harry and by association, Hermione. Heer expressed attitude is something I'd expect from Snape or Umbridge.

Speaking of 'Snarkius Gittius, I wonder why he has been holding back. He usually takes any opportunity to abuse Harry. Here, he has only taken some points and assigned a few detentions.

I wonder how the judicious application of some homemade explosives would affect his behavior.

A very good story indeed! That last chapter set my teeth on edge. Well done, sez I!

I have placed this on my alerts list and hope to read more at your convenience.

Alorkin
draregerreip chapter 5 . 7/23/2008
Over the past five years, I must have literally read thousands of fanfics. Your story is shaping up as one of the very good ones.

Except for the bond creation which was a bit meek... but still has a lot of plot potential as no one else is really aware of it.

You write well and your characters are full of life. You are going to have to flesh out a bit your vilains to make it more poignant :)

The only mistake I saw was about the hug thing in one of the first chapters. If I remember correctly Hermione first hugged Harry right before he faced Voldie during first year ...

Thanks for your story.
cancelmyaccountplz chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
I love this story and what you've done with it. Is Harry going to be dark, but good? Where he just tries to bring the wizarding world into modern times? Or is he going to become evil or is he just going to be grey and do what needs to be done? Either way, as long as Hermione sticks with him I'll keep reading. I'm looking forward to more.
Henio41 chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
Great job so far. plz update soon.
Ms-Fleur chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
You captured Dumbledore well, in tha canon he was a maipulative bastard and in this story he is a manipulative bastard more and I really want Dumbldore to choke on his lemon drops. He is seriously pssing me off, and Harry, so you did great potraying dumbldore.

Harry did better at the task than you potrayed, I would have thought Harry would have been first ot reach the hostaeg Hermione, in sense of the urgency to rescue Hermione.

I really hope Harry chews Dumbldledore out, and when can Harry take over his family account, the Potters and the Blacks if his sirus hier, when his 17.

Also I hope Rita wirtes the article in favour of Harry, and complete chews the lemon asshole out.

I agree with Harry, if they mess with Hermione, prepare to pay the consequences.

I really hope we get to see Harry taking control of his life soon, at the moment, see Harry getting Bullied but snivielus, dumbldore and other people isn't fun. Hopefully when Harry gets more powerful, he destroy them literally.

can't wait for the next chapter.
robst chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
love this story
atlantis-rob chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
Damn, harry is going to frickin kick dumbles in the bollocks. Great chapter, excellent dialogue. Great to see malfoy get what he realyl deserved. Cheers!
of Serendip chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
you never read the books I assume? Harry did the best in the first task.
major wallace chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
go on
doRodrigo chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
Great chapter, hope you update it soon...
jabarber69 chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
First of all her parents should of gone to the queen! and now after the fact, and with harry's new attitude I think albus, minerva and those other arseholes had better look out, he now knows he will kill to protect his lady love!

You know I'm all for law and order but if I went to a school where arseholes like malfoy who are nothing better than the k we have here in the states and they constantly attacked and made snide remarks about the girl I was dating and was in love with, then knowing there was nothing I could do to get it to stop and knowing the authorites wouldnt do anything, then I think I would watch and wait until they were somewhere that I could kill them and not be seen. difference between me and them, they would kill, rape and torture for fun, I would kill to protect and save my friends and loved ones that is if there was no other way to save them.
Cateagle chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
A good treatment of the Second Task and a situation I'm sure Rita will get lots of mileage from. I rahter suspect Dumbles is going to be surprised if/when Harry & Hermione go elsewhere for the following years of their schooling; I suspect he won't find out until it's toolate for him to do anything. Meanwhile, he's just managed to ratchet Harry's antagonism toward him up another noth; he really needs to stop and think if what he *thinks* is the "greater good" really is.
animaluvr123 chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
I LOVED THIS CHAPTER, UPDATE SOON PLEASE!
Fibinaci chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
oh the title had always perplexed me but now I'm sure the Darklord rising is in fact Harry. I was completely shocked at how callous Minerva was to the Grangers wishes, I saw Dumbles not caring from a country mile, she however, always struck me as soemone who at least knew better, even if she was not willing to act on the knowledge. Harry is very Anakin-ish in his protective/possesiveness towards Hermione.
Shade.of.Grey13 chapter 5 . 7/21/2008
I'm loving this fic right now, I think it's comming along great!

Keep it up and update soon.
2,030 | « Prev Page 1 .. 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 .. Last Next »