Reviews for Dark Lord Rising
lycus chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
That was great and you had Harrys' emotional state down perfectly. And I hope that Minerva sees that Hermione has changed her attitude about her head of house and at least starts to feel some sort of guilt about what happened at the second task. But I have to say that if Hermione gets a magical guardian Harry will need one too, but it will have to be someone who isn't loyal to dumbledore. And if that doesn't work the fact that they are married should make them adults and they can choose to leave Hogwarts at anytime they want. And I can kind of see where this is heading so it would eventually be better if harry did get private tutors and leave Hogwarts, he would be less stressed and he wouldn't have to put up with dumbles manipulations, Snapes bias, Malfoys attempts at bullying, or Rons stupidity.
pstibbons chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Nice chapter. Liked the way mother and daughter reacted similarly.

...It was this thought that caused Sirius to reevaluate his thinking towards the wizarding world and its attitudes.

This seems strange. He ran away from home as a teen, spent a decade in prison, surely he'd been reevaluating his society already?

The Pureblood society sounds similar to any society that's been isolated for a while e.g. ancient egypt, or expatriates/elite in the Congo. It's not particular to them. (Hey, I've been part of such societies...)
Fibinaci chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Another telling blow to Dumbles image in Remus' insistance that Albus could get Sirius a trial but ofcourse hasnt so he can maintain his hold on Harry. I loved that Hermione didnt berate him for killing the merman to get at her.

Hehe, I loled at them getting "the talk".
kubas89 chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
good chapter
jammies2000 chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Lovely update. I was thinking that couldn't they check to see if Wormtail had a will at the bank and if he did was it executed? If it wasn't or didn't "activate" wouldn't that prove that Peter was still alive? I did like how Remus questioned Albus as to why he didn't get Sirius a trial. I am wondering though if they git pensive memories and Tonk being an auror I wonder if she could bring it up to the head of the department and get him a trial. I am glad they were able to visit with the family. And I have to wonder if 'someone' had fixed it so Harry would have a hard time finding Hermione in the lake. I hope they get a magicial guardian for Hermione but in a way I hope they decide that Hermione and Harry would be safer at another school. Or home schooled. They have to start thinking what is best for the kids and not the selfish reasons of wanting them to attend Hogwarts because they went there and Harry's parents went there. I believe Harry's parents would want what is best for them and if that means not going to Hogwarts I think they would be ok with that. I can see Harry turning dark or grey with all that has been happening to him and all of Albus' manipulations... if Harry turns dark it will largely be due to Albus and the way most of the wizarding world in Britian treats him. thx for the update
Kalen Darkmoon chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Great new chapter. Can't wait to see the scenes/chapter where this all backlashes and blows-up in Dumbles face. The man is a total menace and I can't wait to see him watch his house of cards fall. Keep up the great writing.
jabarber69 chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
you know if I were harry or hermione then from this day forward dumbydork and his arse kissing bint mcgongall are as far as I am concern are dead to me and not to be listen too at all, except for the bint in class if only it concerns transfiguration, I would not go to any detentions either one set for me or hermione nor would I listen if they told me to go to the headmaster office, what they gonna do kick us out, I HOPE SO!
lycus chapter 5 . 7/24/2008
I have just foundyour story, and I absolutely love it. I hope that you get Harry and Hermione away from the Manipilative, Old, Bastered. M.O.B for short. Beacause lets face facts Harry is doing much better since he has cut himself off from dumbles but I am really disappointed in minerva, and I hope that Harry and hermione put her in her place. I can't wait for the next chapter, it's going to be a great one.
kubas89 chapter 5 . 7/24/2008
great fic :)
librarywitch chapter 5 . 7/23/2008
Thanks for the update. This was a good one. I would rather that Minerva wasn't so much of a Dumbledore stooge though it works with this story line very well.
Alorkin chapter 5 . 7/23/2008
A very, very well put together piece. This is the second of two simliar stories I have read in as many days. (Challange?)

Each begins with Harry and Hermione realizing how they feel about each other and creating a bond beteen them. Everything follows from there like ripples in a pond. Ron's jealousy here has earned him some broken bones, but Ginny is not trying to win Harry over through the liberal application of 'freelance pharmaceuticals'.

Dumbleore's abject refusal to chastise any oof the students for their insults and slanders, is not unexpected. McGonagall's taking action in his stead is. In canon she also tolerated the abuse.

And the ferret gets his. GOOD! Rapists should die!

Albie is twinkling and pushing Harry just as hard as he can without getting caught. Meanwhile the Dursleys are in prison...in Australia! Heh heh heh! Brilliant!

Surprisingly enough, McGonagall is doing nothing to help. Her reliance of the lack of legal status she exhibits seems OOC for her. I wonder why? She has until now, stood staunchly behind Harry and by association, Hermione. Heer expressed attitude is something I'd expect from Snape or Umbridge.

Speaking of 'Snarkius Gittius, I wonder why he has been holding back. He usually takes any opportunity to abuse Harry. Here, he has only taken some points and assigned a few detentions.

I wonder how the judicious application of some homemade explosives would affect his behavior.

A very good story indeed! That last chapter set my teeth on edge. Well done, sez I!

I have placed this on my alerts list and hope to read more at your convenience.

Alorkin
draregerreip chapter 5 . 7/23/2008
Over the past five years, I must have literally read thousands of fanfics. Your story is shaping up as one of the very good ones.

Except for the bond creation which was a bit meek... but still has a lot of plot potential as no one else is really aware of it.

You write well and your characters are full of life. You are going to have to flesh out a bit your vilains to make it more poignant :)

The only mistake I saw was about the hug thing in one of the first chapters. If I remember correctly Hermione first hugged Harry right before he faced Voldie during first year ...

Thanks for your story.
cancelmyaccountplz chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
I love this story and what you've done with it. Is Harry going to be dark, but good? Where he just tries to bring the wizarding world into modern times? Or is he going to become evil or is he just going to be grey and do what needs to be done? Either way, as long as Hermione sticks with him I'll keep reading. I'm looking forward to more.
Henio41 chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
Great job so far. plz update soon.
Ms-Fleur chapter 5 . 7/22/2008
You captured Dumbledore well, in tha canon he was a maipulative bastard and in this story he is a manipulative bastard more and I really want Dumbldore to choke on his lemon drops. He is seriously pssing me off, and Harry, so you did great potraying dumbldore.

Harry did better at the task than you potrayed, I would have thought Harry would have been first ot reach the hostaeg Hermione, in sense of the urgency to rescue Hermione.

I really hope Harry chews Dumbldledore out, and when can Harry take over his family account, the Potters and the Blacks if his sirus hier, when his 17.

Also I hope Rita wirtes the article in favour of Harry, and complete chews the lemon asshole out.

I agree with Harry, if they mess with Hermione, prepare to pay the consequences.

I really hope we get to see Harry taking control of his life soon, at the moment, see Harry getting Bullied but snivielus, dumbldore and other people isn't fun. Hopefully when Harry gets more powerful, he destroy them literally.

can't wait for the next chapter.
2,040 | « Prev Page 1 .. 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 .. Last Next »