Reviews for Dark Lord Rising
sally chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I was really enjoying your story, but I have hit a snag at the moment. I cannot access chapter 14 and I do not like to continue reading after having missed such a huge chunk of the story. I will try again later, but I just wanted to let you know that I am bitterly dissappointed to have to stop just now.

Well done on a well written plot.
noylj chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Finally, someone has introduced the idea that Harry should have had after second year...let's go to a school with real teachers instead of this group of sycophantic child-abusers.

Too bad Harry can't just walk out. He really needs to talk to a lawyer, both about the tournament and about Sirius never getting a trial. Surely someone, somewhere, can think about hiring a land shark.
dougal74 chapter 19 . 8/2/2008
Another good chapter.
jabarber69 chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
You know if I were them, I would ignore snape, dumbydork and refuse to attend any detentions assigne by either one of them even look-at-me-I-got-my-head-so-far-up-dumbydork-arse-mcgonnagal! also if I were harry at the start of the 3rd task, I would just sit down at the entrance of the maze ignoring everybody, also I would leave hogwarts with hermione, dobby and winky the first chance I got and go to another magic school in another country, say somewhere in the states or australia or new zealand. screw them in england!
Paladeus chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
Hidy hidy,

I love the fact that Hermione went vicious on Pansy. I love seeing Harry and his romantic interest(s) not be afraid to scare the heck out of their enemies. And we see it so little, too.

I've gotta say, your Dumbledore is one of the most proactive, evil little blighters I've read about. Yes, I've seen worse Dumbledores (one that even raped a girl each weekend) but none of them, even the example, were so actively out to make things so hard for Harry and company.

Not a whole lot of dislikes, really. Chapter length wasn't great and is still a pet peeve of mine, but your update speed in general makes up for that easily enough.

Paladeus
ROBERT-19588 chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
On the third task Harry needs to tak a large book to read and fid a safe place to read while the rest finish the third task.

Harry & Hermione need to chage schools after the tri-Wizard.

If Harry & Hermione leave Hogwarts as well as the UK that would realy fix Dumbledore.
what are you even saying chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
Aww...I was looking forward to that confrontation! Dumbledore is pretty effing stupid if he really expects something like Skeeter's article to bring Harry back under his thumb.

Looking forward to more.
Chi Vayne chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
Ah, the confrontation. Both Harry and Hermione grew up in the muggle world, and could if necessary return to it. I'm sure that Snape will push for expulsion, but that may end up an empty threat. In fact, any serious punishments could easily end up with the two leaving Hogwarts. Dumbledore will need to tread carefully, or all his plans will blow up in his face.
einuom chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
I can not wait to see what happens.
Guyver Unit 1 chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
This is getting good. I hope you hurry up and post the next chapter soon...Actually, even if it's unedited, could you send it to me? I love how this story is going.
Cateagle chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
Dumbles seems to be planning and acting on the assumption that Harry's basic drives are unchanged; between his bonding to Hermione and what he's been through, this isn't true and Albus is going to find that this event, far from bringing Harry back to him is going to drive him further away. I'd say the chances are increasing day by day, incident by incident, that neither Harry nor Hermione will attend Hogwarts the next year. 'Twill be quite fascinating to see the reaction to that choice on their part.

Meanwhile, they've got ongoing problems with Rita and her feed, though she doesn't know it (or at least acknowledge it), from Dumbles. At some point, she's going to get caught and that's going to make for some very "interesting" times all around. I wonder if a handwriting expert could evaluate those notes in a pensive memory and determine whose handwriting is on them?
sparky40sw chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
Evil mastermind leading the sheeple through judicious application of partial truths - feels right at home.

I think that Dumbledork is a worse and more dangerous 'dark lord' than Moldie shorts - Is that your intention?

great story, great chapter - I really like the way you are developing Hermione.

thanks
missevilprincess chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
Go Hermione! ;3 I loved the part in the hospital wing with Hermione and Pansy.

And I also loved how Harry treated Snape!

I can't believe Dumbledore would go so low. -shakes head- Power corrupts dude. Heehee.

Update soon? xD
Vellouette chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
I really think they should hire the best private tutors they can find. They'll just run into the same prejudice in any other magical school. Plus that way they wouldn't have to deal with as many people wanting to get close to Harry because of his fame.

When Harry and Hermione figure out how Rita is getting her stories Rita is going to be in a world of pain.

Dumbledore's actions didn't suprise me a bit. He's a manipulative old coot. I really hope Harry destroys him by the end of the story. Not kills, destroys. I want to see Harry destroy what Dumbledore treasures the most. His own reputation. If Harry can somehow bring to light, with proof, every underhanded thing that Dumbledore has done "for the greater good" his reputation will be shattered beyond repair.

Please don't turn Sirius and Remus against Harry. Even if they get tricked into it by Dumbledore, Harry has so few people he can trust, don't take away the only adult wizards he can trust.
AlixMM chapter 19 . 8/1/2008
Cool update. So Albus is doing his normal manipulations in trying to keep Harry under control. The problem is I don't think Harry is playing with the same "handbook" that Albus is. Especially since they figured out that he was the one that tipped off Rita. As for who the "dark lord" is well I am not sure if it is Harry. It could be Albus or maybe Ron? I am also thinking it could be Hermione... LOL But with their bond I don't think one would be dark while the other wasn't. So I guess Rita didn't write anything about them disreguarding Hermione's parents wishes. I would love for them to goto another school. Also figure out a way to clear Sirius. I still say some pensive memories would help maybe giving them to Madame Bones? Anyway thx for the update this is good
2,104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 134 .. Last Next »