Reviews for Dark Lord Rising
SummrMagic chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
just spending a little time catching up on the story... ] I really like this and you've totally got me hooked and pulled into it. I can't wait to see what happens once Hermione and Remus figure out what curses are on Harry... great job!
scout-01 chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
Great chapters. I'm really enjoying this story. I like manipulative Dumbledore fics.

I'm looking forward to the next chapters.
Anne399 chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
Excellent story, it just keeps getting better! I can't wait to see the Grangers' respnse when they find out that they are married. : )
sparky chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
I am completely in love with this story. Please continue soon!
Anime Princess chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
A question...is the title in reference to Voldemort coming back or Harry turning dark? I hope Harry doesn't turn dark! Gray is fine, but not dark! POST MORE ASAP! Hey, why won't Harry DO anything about the Prophet? He should check his holdings and see what ratio he has on the Prophet!

Love ya,

Sam
jake chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
You had a decent start to a story here except you have several problems, and while I didn't read the whole thing I figured I should tell you why I've stopped reading. One, the whole child abuse thing is technically not child abuse at least not enough to get him removed. They never beat him. I mean sure they ignored him and made him to a lot of work, but this is of no real importance as it is not abuse in the sense that he would be removed from his house because nothing short of beatings or rape would get him removed. Two, he no longer lives under the stairs he has his own room which throws the abuse thing into further doubt sense they can't bring up magic in a muggle court case.

Then we have the other things that are wrong with this thing such as Harry's word against the word of three people since Harry is in fact the only one to be witness on his behalf. Vernon has a major job in an rather large company, a nice house in a nice place, and he could not have beat his kids because he would be too scared of what the people would think. He is concerned with what others think above all else. Then there is the fact that everyone that knows him in the muggle world thinks his is sent to a school for the criminally insane so that would throw his word further into doubt. Then there is the fact that Dumbledore who has much influence in the magical world and is the head of the magical court is really the one who decides if Harry's case has a valid claim to it. He is also very good at the oblivate charm so I'm sure the Grangers could be easily made to forget as could all of the muggles involved and Hermione and Harry for that matter.

Let us also take into consideration that the odds of Albus not using a spell to automatically address the letters without paying attention to where they are addressed seems very unlikely. I doubt a man as busy and as good as magic as him does the mundane thing as writing the same letter over and over each year. My guess is there is an automated system and the only thing they change from letter to letter is the supply list which is concurrent with the way most schools handle such things. Oh, then there is the fact that if Harry or Hermione bothered to ask Albus he would tell them the reason Harry has to stay there is that as long as he is in that house he retains massive protection against Tom and all dark magic users the likes of which cannot be surpassed. This is just how bad you have messed up one small addition to your story. I'm not going to even get into the OCness of the characters in what little I read of this. I made it though what you called your second chapter well part of it anyway before I stopped.

Don't get me wrong you are not a bad writer. You can write better than most people on this site. It is the plot holes and the characterizations you need to work on more than anything else.
librarywitch chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
Thanks for the double update. I love the nice long chapters, they show alot of depth and hard work. This a really good story.

Please update soon.
gaul1 chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
good chapter, byes
The Dark Lord Potter chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
I have to tell you that I absolutely love this story! I think you have the characters pegged perfectly, at least from the Potterverse standpoint prior to book six. You also have them progessing in a very natural way.

I have to tell you after books 6 and 7, with it both being the end of the series, and those books being downright dreadful, I fell out of th HP fandom. I had stopped reading fanfiction of Harry Potter almost altogether. Mostly because the stories reflected those awful books or were just awful. SO thank you for this story that I truly found by accident. It's truly wonderful, and made me remember why I loved Harry Potter and H/Hr ship so much.
Holen-Snape chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
Will harry and hermonie be able to break the dark curse on Harry's scar before the third task? Love the story and looking forward to more. Will hermonie be in the lake for harry or will Dumbles pick Ron again?
sparky40sw chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
2 nice chapters there, I like the goose vine, Does it go for targets of opportunity, or choose it's victims by cuteness?

How come Harry's developing perception of magic didn't help him pick up the presence of the animagus?, or was she masked by the overall magic of the fairy garden?

Cn't wait to see dumbledork and his spying portraits torn into a hundred pieces each.

thanks for sharing
Seel'vor chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
This story really is gripping. Each time I get the alert in my inbox, I turn into a five-year-old-on-christmas-morning. Please, keep writing this epic story.
lumos175 chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
This is an excellent story.. can't wait for more!
Phnxfyr1 chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
can't wait for more
jayods chapter 3 . 7/13/2008
still a good read. we're really seeing harry and hermione's break from dumbledore. the ball was a nice, almost normal experience for them, and we're seeing harry change his regard to his enemies. good work, update soon!
1,962 | « Prev Page 1 .. 114 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 .. Last Next »