Reviews for A Mother's Diary
RedNightBird chapter 6 . 8/4/2010
Lovely tale...told so well I could imagine the credits rolling in closure.
FoxySonia chapter 6 . 3/22/2010
I just finished re-reading this story since I wanted to read what had been changed and the additional two chapters to the story. I was pretty sure that I had reviewed/commented on this story the first time I read it but don't see those comments here anymore, maybe they got erased when you uploaded the updates to the story?

Anyway, I enjoyed reading this story a second time. Though I prefer the idea that Vincent might have extraterrestrial origins instead of being the product of a genetic experiment by an evil scientist, I still liked this your story. I too always wished for Vincent to find his mother or at least find out about her and know that Paracelsus evil lies were just that, and that his birth didn't kill his mother and that she didn't abandon him and did love him even though he was not a normal human child. He so needed those psychological wounds healed. I'm glad that in this story he not only gets to find his mother but also a half brother and that both will be a part of his life from then on.

I would like to say again that I think it's great that only V&C's male offsprings and future descendants will look like him since I don't think leonine women would look as beautiful or appealing as the males, because of all the facial and bodily hair. I hope Peter Alcott is wrong about only V&C's male offsprings/descendants carrying the genes that could produce someone like Vincent, afterall he's just an Obstetrician not a genetic scientist. I think it would be sad if their female offsprings/descendants could never have a baby like Vincent. I think he's beautiful and so very special.

Again when I read it a second time, I think it's so sad that Vincent's mother though of him when he was an infant as a monster, calling him that in her dairy. Whenever someone call Vincent a monster it always makes me cringe. I can just image how much it hurts him to hear it, and how it hurts Catherine and his other loved ones. So didn't like when Naomi also thought off/called Vincent her own personal monster guardian.

Not crazy about the hints or suggestions that Catherine or anyone of his friends or family sees him as their own personal monster protector. I don't think Catherine would think so lightly about putting Vincent in a position of having to protect her or kill again in order to save her, she knows how much he hates the violence and killing, how much it affects him and hurts him emotionally and psychologically. I think she would try hard to keep herself from any dangerous situation that could put him in that position. And if she couldn't help being in such situation where she might be in danger I think she would really worry about Vincent having to come to her aid and the consequences if that happened again. So I don't think she would even joke about Vincent being her own personal and lethal guardian. I don't think she sees him that way at all even if Vincent does. I think she would try her hardest to keep Vincent from ever having to lose control to his "Other" in order to come to her defense and from ever having to kill anyone again.

On chapter 4 Diana says that while saving Joe she shot and killed Julian and that she was sure he was dead. I think that's a mistake. Isn't it supposed to be Gabriel that she shot and killed?

Wow, that sure was fast with Dennis and Diana, though I must admit it was fun to read. But still they don't really know much about the other... maybe they should have waiting a little until they did before having sex. Oh well, I guess that's just the way things are done now, sleep together first then get to know each other, and if it doesn't work out just split up and move on to the next relationship.

I love it when Vincent and Catherine enjoy the fulfillment of their love. They waited so long to become intimate and I'm happy for them every time they enjoy each other, they so deserve it.

I agree with Sarai that Diana should have been invited Below long before, since she had been a trusted friend to both Vincent and Catherine. Her invitation to Below was way over due.

It's sad that Vincent will never know how he was created or if he had a biological father.

Feel sad for Mary that she never gets a chance to be Father's love.

Nice that Devin makes an appearance in this story.

I know it seems I have more complaints than compliments, but I do really like this story and enjoyed almost all your other stories just as much.

I liked the additions to this story, the added 2 chapters which tie in with the new story Much Ado About Everything which I also enjoyed reading. They make nice additions to your sequential stories. I look forward to your new stories.
VRB Mariposa chapter 6 . 11/5/2009
What can I say. I love all of your stories. I am glad that you decided to add chapters, perhaps this one isn't finished just yet. I know that you decided to do stories on each of Catherine & Vincent's kids, grandkids, etc., however, I am wondering if perhaps there will be one on the budding relationship between Vincent and his brother and mother. I know that you can only write so much without it becoming an unabridged dictionary.

I would also ask that may you can write a chronological order of these stories.

As always, I am thrilled with your writing...please add more.

Thanks

Vanessa
Thomas Mc chapter 6 . 9/15/2009
I have considered the possibility of squeezing one last chapter in but since it has not even been written yet I don't know when that would happen. I am currently working on a sequel to this story called 'Much Ado About Everything'. The two chapters I recently added here actually were the first two and a half chapters from that new story. At the moment I'm not sure if I can come up with enough material for a complete chapter 7.

Thomas
JUSTIN HUSTON chapter 6 . 9/15/2009
GREAT UPDATES BUT CAN I SQUEEZE YOU FOR A FEW MOR CHAPTERS?

PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP!
Sarai chapter 6 . 9/14/2009
Good, but the ending was abrupt.
Sarai chapter 5 . 9/12/2009
Glad you're updating. I do have one issue, Dianna is so close to the family, I'd thought she'd be introduced to the tunnels a lot sooner.
Jazminblu chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Wonderful Story...it seems there should a few more chapters...(I can only hope)
RoyalLovers1418 chapter 4 . 3/7/2009
LOVED THIS STORY! I ALWAYS FEEL SO SORRY FOR VINCENT NEVER KNOWING WHO IS MOTHER WAS OR HOW HE CAME TO BE.
mabelreid chapter 4 . 7/16/2008
I just found this and like it very much. It's a very interesting take on what might have happened to Vincent's mother. I like the idea of him having a brother and the inclusion of Dianna. Well done.
Vanessa chapter 4 . 6/29/2008
No. How can you just end it like that? What happens when they go below? Is this all there is to "happy ever after"?

Vanessa chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Wow..where is the rest. How long do we have to wait? I love the story thanks for writing it.

Vanessa
Andi88 chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Was this story posted somewhere else? Because I've read it before, and when I saw it on top of the list I got all excited because I've been waiting for part 3! I'm very interested to find out what happens next.

Part 3 soon? )