Reviews for Back to the Shadowlands
Julia451 chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Beautiful. I'm crying; I know that means it was great.
Her Name Was Tamora chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
...okay, I'm getting a little obsessive, reading all of these. I haven't reviewed this much in years...

But still.

Brilliant.

Heartbreaking and true to life and brilliant.

-Tamora.
f00f00 chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Oh man, this was so good. I loved it. :)
babies-stole-my-dingo chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
OK...after reading this and a bunch of your other stuff, I just gotta ask: What the heck are you doing writing fanfiction? Do you write original fiction too? Because, you have serious talent. And I can't help but think that you could probably be published if you knocked on enough doors...
Enjael chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
WOW! Great stuff. Would you do anything for David's 'Honor' series?
Finn Mac Cool chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
This is an incredible touching story. It deals with Buffy's post-ressurection angst in such a tender and loving way that it's hard to hold back tears.

The second person format is a great way, because now we actually ARE Buffy, feeling her feelings and thinking her thoughts. I do like the Chronicles of Narnia, and their use here is very poetic, though I didn't really like the Last Battle.

Oh, how do you write such wonderful and inspiring fics. How, HonorH?
Rachel chapter 1 . 1/29/2002
Thank you so much for this wonderful story. It is truly one of the best I have ever

read. I love CS Lewis...and your quote from Corinthians is one of the most beautiful

in the whole Bible, I think. Thanks so much!
Meltha chapter 1 . 1/28/2002
Wow. This was a wonderful piece, deeply touching and highly perceptive. I felt so horrible for her when she came back; wish they'd explored the aftermath a bit more tenderly on the show, as here. And, of course, Lewis is a brilliant choice for this. When she finds her way back (or if, since Whedon seems so fond of keeping his characters in agony), I think you're right- it will be through love of Dawn and the unlikely understanding of Spike. Excellently done. (And btw, thank you for actually using grammar!)
S J Smith-Evil Little Dog chapter 1 . 11/23/2001
Again with the sniffles. I love Narnia, I have since I discovered it so many, many years ago. That you've included both "Screwtape" and Aslan in your stories, well, bravo, bravo.
knbnnate chapter 1 . 11/15/2001
Excellent fic! I always liked the Narnia books.
Aurora6 chapter 1 . 11/10/2001
I fear that I don't have the right words to describe how simply beautiful this piece is. You have an amazing grasp of all the subtle yet unabashedly important issues raised by Buffy's 'resurrection'. The second person narrative was the perfect vehicle for showing how outside herself Buffy still is in the wake of her death. Wonderful use of the forever Esteemed Mr. Lewis to parallel Buffy's current situation. All in all a well thought out and masterfully executed examination of some heavy themes. I wish the favorites option were up and running, as this one is certainly going to find a home on my list.
Gyrus chapter 1 . 11/1/2001
A solid introspective piece. While I found the second-person POV jarring at first, I ultimately found the story very uplifting. In Lewis' Narnia stories, the author finds an interesting and convincing way for Buffy to recapture some small part of what she has lost. Nicely done.
annamw15 chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
Beautiful. You've done something which I wish the show could of done more of, capture what Buffy was going through after she came back. Thanks.