Reviews for The End of Me
StarksViolet chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Wow.. ok. So this is the single best angsty piece I've read! Bloody brilliant!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
To date, only two fanfictions have ever made me cry. This was the first.

How does this not have more reviews? The last lines- "Then it ends. It ALL ends." I'm not even sure what that means but it's so intense and has such a sense of finality about it.

Well done.
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
...i love it so much i can't put it into words. this was just...so beautifully written. well done doesn't even cover it but...well done.
biscuit1226 chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
angst-tastic!
the 85th writer chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Wowee. Nicely done. The bit about the arc reactor, nice. I'd cry but I'm willing myself not to. That and I'm all depressed out after writing my own. I swear, the next fic I write is going to have an ALIVE Tony, an ALIVE non weepy Pepper, and a very alive, very rock-of-Gibraltar Rhodey.

Damn angst :(
Tiresius69 chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Thank you! This bit of angst follows perfectly on the heels of other enlightening work. Very impressed with the way this was written, and the small, never-overstated references to Tony's childhood past fit very well. It served to further emphasize the horror of Tony's slow death. Oh, and thanks for putting Rhodey in there with him. It's nice to know at least that Tony wasn't alone. Their final moment together is heart-wrenching and memorable. It's evident that they shared an incredible friendship and understanding. Brilliant protrayal of the bond they share; the best one I've seen to date.

Lovely swan song for our hero indeed. Well, Rhodey too, poor fella. It seems the guy never gets a good break in fanfic... :)

I'm glad you didn't sensationalize Tony's end, either. Tragic events happens randomly, and it's somehow fitting that he did not die a hero's death. It brings Tony Stark back to earth, knowing he is susceptible to the same dangers we face each day.

Pepper, gosh. What a remarkable, insightful person she is. Her being able to comprehend Tony's last action so quickly - Tony putting his arc reactor in Rhodey's hands so it would get back to Pepper - was a masterful touch. Truly a testament to her intimate familiarity with Tony and the meaning behind his actions.

I would love to see Pepper somehow moving past this event and taking over Stark Industries from here; but your story seems to infer she'll be following Tony and Rhodey soon. I hope not, but if she does, it certainly will not diminish her magnificence.

Some incredible writing in this forum, and this piece serves as one of it's finest examples. Do write more. Please.
Santoryuu-Zoro chapter 1 . 6/20/2008