Reviews for Backward With Purpose Part II: The Book of Albus
Charmander chapter 27 . 4/21/2016
How'd the sound come from his wand?
Readerjkr chapter 1 . 3/18/2016
Brilliant, epic, gorgeous trilogy. I do hope you'll find time and inspiration to finish part three as I would love to see your Albus have a happy life.
ffntfy456 chapter 51 . 3/13/2016
Thank you for writing this story, it's wonderful. I stayed up until 3 am last night to finish it. I've sign up for galleywumpus so I'm looking forward to the rest.
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 51 . 2/25/2016
Again. Bloody brilliant.
Guest in Europe chapter 51 . 12/10/2015
Totally entrancing... I loved this story and the character of Al that you created. At times, it made my head ache and I was in need of the summaries, but then it all fell into place beautifully. Your head must be a weird place to kerp all these strands in order!
I hope you go ahead and finish the next part, which I plan to start reading immediately.
Thank you.
Guest in Europe chapter 5 . 12/9/2015
Just stopping reading for a brief moment to say, this is EXCELLENT, even better so far than the first volume, if that is possible...

now, must get back to your story, I am reading breathlessly and with great excitement.
Thank you.
Mademoiselle Mime chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Very good story.
ririkko chapter 51 . 11/9/2015
Wow. That was confusing and yet... definitely explained things. I read through this much faster than its prequel, which makes sense since it's 90,000 words vs 290,000, but I feel like I need to go muse over this now. I suppose the strangeness stems from not having nearly as much time with Al as with Harry and his generation, and because of how disjunct the events and confused Al himself was. This is definitely a time-travel fanfic staple, though, and I'll probably come back to read over it several more times in the future to brood over the implications and considerations involved in it.

Galleywampus, check. Though I assume the facebook followers refers to Liking the official page.
Houndini chapter 51 . 10/17/2015
I can't! The form of fanfiction I'm on doesn't allow it! Did you report the abuse?
moozga chapter 51 . 10/13/2015
Done!
November 5th chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
Hey Deadwoodpecker! I hate to say it, but I stopped reading your story years before it would be finished. Not because I disliked it, but because I fell out of love with the fandom and real life kept me from going back.

Your stories have never come off my favorites list though.

Once upon a time you provided hours and hours, even days, of entertainment without asking for a cent in return. I remember that, and subscribing to your newsletter or commenting one last time is really the least I can do. Thank you for all the memories, and good luck with your future endeavors!
Temporal Knight chapter 49 . 7/29/2015
I would argue your first point about a happy ending. The story doesn't technically end on a happy note, more of a bittersweet one. Anyone who read BWP (which really should be anyone who read this because honestly how the hell would this story make any sort of sense without knowing the backstory or all the interspersed sections?) already knew he finally succeeds so that wasn't really in question. It was a question of how and what were the struggles along the way.

I do like how you are continuing the story with the threequel which I am looking forward to starting soon. That said if you try to actually kill Al in the new one we are going to have words. I personally would like to think that Harry cared enough for his mysterious benefactor that "Merlin" was protected by his sacrifice as well. At the very least he probably should've been after the conversation just prior to the confrontation.

I don't really see Harry (or Ginny probably) taking the story well but I figure the rest of the Weasley clan will have a good laugh over it assuming the death spell is counteracting/invalidated.

And yes, Al should totally be a couple with Emmy. That seems rather set in stone by your own rules actually considering how she is a large factor for him in every possible timeline he passed through.
Temporal Knight chapter 45 . 7/29/2015
Damn poor Neville. Him dying was a Cornerstone. That sucks. Poor dude. Massive props to Al though for almost managing to pull it off despite not even being corporeal! I admit that despite knowing this is the last trip and it's not going to get screwed up I was extremely worried about just leaving Lestrange behind like that. I mean really, I know Al isn't a killer but...with the last opportunity to do the most important thing he leaves a loose thread sitting in a house alone without a guard? This professional needs to stop making simple stupid mistakes in his temporal travels!

And that was as epically funny a scene as I had imagined by the way in the Love room. I am sooo glad that I was vindicated in my initial assumption upon reading that chapter in BWP that only a child and his parents can be that hilariously awkward when it comes to sex. Pretty much that entire scene had me laughing out loud this time.
Temporal Knight chapter 43 . 7/29/2015
Oh well never mind about changing everyone knowing. One letter to Percy and not having a horrible thing happening that he needed the rest to have some hope about makes things infinitely simpler to keep quiet about the identity. Though I wonder now about how things turned out with Gringotts/the Cup beforehand if this wasn't part of the initial plan. Was the dragon let loose again? That was one of my favorite parts of the book actually!
Temporal Knight chapter 42 . 7/29/2015
Oh god that chapter was beyond hilarious. Poor beyond confused Al. I can just imagine that horribly miserable "I broke my rule...I wasn't supposedly to get drunk..." Priceless. Since they obviously didn't know about it in the epilogue to BWP, I'm guessing he stops the letters this last time through. Though honestly this doesn't seem like a bad thing letting everyone know before he tells them after. That was also super funny about being smacked by the universe too.

I am looking forward to seeing the last revision and how he makes the curse just fizzle out in midair! I am not however remotely looking forward to watching Neville die again.

On a side note, I do hope that Al gets together with Wilder before this story ends!
1,523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »