Reviews for Backward With Purpose Part II: The Book of Albus
Precisify chapter 49 . 6/10/2011
The writing in this one felt messier than in Part I. There are some grammatical annoyances I won't bother pointing out, but when they come from the mouths of characters who should know better it makes it harder for me to suspend my disbelief. I feel like you rushed through the action a little; the whole thing was a little disorienting, and not in a good way. For example, I really expected more out of the Rookwood bit.

Part of the problem with Part II for me that Albus is a really annoying character. The emotion that drives Part I is raw and powerful, but Albus is being driven by more childish emotions, and it shows. He spends most of Part II being a stubborn asshole who doesn't think anything through, and not in a sexy way, just in a stupid way. I found it hard to sympathize with him, and I had a hard time really believing his emotional moments when they finally came.

Also, this is more subjective, but I'm not a fan of arbitrary rules about time travel, especially ones that are tied so blatantly to a particular narrative purpose. As a scientifically-inclined person, I flatly refuse to believe that time travel would behave like that, and I would need to see a better explanation of where these rules are coming from to accept them. And isn't the second law broken twice? The prophecy is definitely changed twice. Generally speaking I just didn't see a lot of logic in what was allowed to change and what wasn't and it bothered me.

I will say that I think the basic idea of telling a story about time travelers in which another time traveler has already gone through and smoothed things out is very interesting (I really liked the revelation that Snape and Dumbledore were Obliviated in Part I). But in a big sprawling adventure like this I really think the devil is in the details.
Teh voice tells me what to do chapter 48 . 6/9/2011
Beautiful
sarah-rose76646 chapter 50 . 5/11/2011
The ride of reading this story was crazy, bumpy, mind boggling, totally insane and i officially think that so are you. But to hell if i didn't enjoy it. :))

Though, you might want to post a warning that this story is not for weak minded dimwits, halfwits or nitwits. And read at their own peril for their sanity.

Sarah J Rose
lkkj chapter 49 . 4/2/2011
good , but i kyked part 1 better .let al stay alive and marry emmy..
Aotrs Commander chapter 50 . 3/23/2011
A very entertaining read, both this and the first story, taken as a whole. I came across it, as if had been favourited by more than one author I'd read, and I was most certainly not disappointed.

In the first one, I had my suspicisions of who Merlin might be, but of course, I also had seen the title in your profile. I, for one, also had no trouble following everything, though of course, again, I had the advantage of seeing it all together. Well-thought out and extremely well handled, given the difficulties trying to get your head around time travel!

A truly excellent piece of work. I would love to see you continue the third part, should ever decide to.
Kybo chapter 50 . 2/21/2011
Haha, I knew you couldn't leave it there!

This is awesome. The reason I haven't reviewed until now was because I didn't want to stop reading long enough to push the button and type. And, I'm not sure if I took the time to review BWP either, but if I didn't, I know I at least added it to my favorites! This as well.

These stories are very well-written, and I love the character development with everyone involved. Also, I swore I would not read a 'next gen' fic with Harry's kids, but you made me break that rule. And I loved it. Well done!

Now, onto Refuge of Hope!

Ciao,

~Kybo
Summer Leah chapter 50 . 1/16/2011
This was a good story, although I much preferred part I. This one was very confusing, and so much of it either didn't REALLY happen or was stuff we already knew happened. Still enjoyed it, though, and now I'm off to read part III.
escapist219 chapter 48 . 12/10/2010
I gotta say I loved this even more than the first one! Really angsty and had some great action!
Grollo chapter 21 . 12/9/2010
Amazing story, I can't stop reading! Quite confusing with all the time travel, though. I mean, I can keep track of what happens in back to the future, and int in the origial Harry Potter books in the parts with the time-turners. But Al travels in time seven times, each time making som change that ripples though time and causes big canges. You have to keep track of where and when he is, who he's talking to, what they know about time travel and what timelines they are aware of, and then they discuss what happened two timelines ago and your head asplodes. From what I understand though, it seems to fit together very nicely.
qa32pt chapter 49 . 12/2/2010
Ah ha! The story of Albus makes much clearer, and his battle against everything changing is engrossing.
Hpfflvr chapter 50 . 11/18/2010
Just hope you are able to finish the sequel-looks like you are a bit stalled.
Hpfflvr chapter 47 . 11/18/2010
Al is right, Harry will be pissed and feel guilty.
Hpfflvr chapter 46 . 11/18/2010
Al would have done well in Gryffindor also.
Hpfflvr chapter 45 . 11/18/2010
Touching.
Hpfflvr chapter 44 . 11/18/2010
So we finally get the scene from the love room from , ugh, their son's perspective.
1,523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »