Reviews for Backward With Purpose Part II: The Book of Albus
liebedance chapter 50 . 1/2/2010
I just finished this immediately after reading BWP I. Sorry I didn't leave a lengthy review in Part I, but I got caught up in Part II... So, that would be my bad. But, I think it says something good about the story? Right?

I really liked it. I am usually not any fan of AU, but this was awesome. The time travelling would usually make my brain spin in about 124 different directions, but you laid it out very well and made it easy to follow and understand. Clearly, it was a lot more coherent in this one than in Part I, but I think that's just because I figured out how the timelines were managed. Also, there was they mystery of "Who the hell is doing all this random stuff like making Snape and DD perform an Unbreakable Vow?" and so on. Which was confusing... But good as it was revealed. You also had a good balance of funny and moving.

I really liked your characterization of Al. He was real; he made mistakes. This is actually the first story I've read with a main character being Next Generation. If I read any more, I'm sure I'll wonder why Al isn't obsessed with Emmy :P But I liked watching him grow as a character, even as he jumped through time and had all the different memories. Which, I might add, would so very confusing. Yet, he handled it with as much grace as could be expected, being a male. I think it also helped that you didn't place him in Gryffindor. His being Slytherin was an essential part of the story, I thought.

Furthermore, I really enjoyed the interplay between this story and its prequel. I loved seeing how things here affected things there. As well as the duo chapters (the ones that appear in both places). It was really interesting to see Al's take on them after seeing Harry's. I also loved the Laws and Guidelines of Time Travel. Especially the parentheticals. Those made me laugh. Out loud. Literally. I loved how you added to them whenever Al went back in time.

Okay... Well, that's all I'm really going to say. Nice stories. *adding to favs*
oregonbird chapter 9 . 11/5/2009
Fine! But just so you know, I'm not happy about the first person thing. Because third-person is more comfortable, and the author is less likely to (in my opinion, in MY opinion!) screw up the main character's voice. So good! I'm not leaving until I've read everything you've written... because damn, you're fun!

Imagine the desolate world if all we'd had was JKR's POS. Fan fic writer's deserve so much better than they get.

I still loathe Ginny & Lily & Mrs. Weasley - taken IC, what (#)itches. Rowling really doesn't like competition, does she? Not to mention, who did EVERYTHING in the last book, from pack to get tortured to throw every d mn useful spell? Which has nothing to do with the review (loved the first story, I'm all squinty-eyed over pulling off the second!) I just really dislike the source from which all fanfic blessings flow.

It's like being catholic, really.
RebeccaRoy chapter 47 . 10/30/2009
Awesome loved this story!
RebeccaRoy chapter 46 . 10/30/2009
So Al took it in the end.
RebeccaRoy chapter 45 . 10/30/2009
Nice, Al seeing his parents in that sort of state. I could only imagine his horror at that...
RebeccaRoy chapter 42 . 10/30/2009
Ah so it is up to Al in the end to do what he started out to do.
RebeccaRoy chapter 40 . 10/29/2009
Awesome, way to attack ones godfather! :)
RebeccaRoy chapter 39 . 10/29/2009
Percy is awesome here in helping!
RebeccaRoy chapter 35 . 10/29/2009
Wow so Xeno died but left something for Al to use for his dad...
RebeccaRoy chapter 33 . 10/29/2009
Well that revilation went so well...(insert sarcasim)
RebeccaRoy chapter 32 . 10/29/2009
Wow very intense.
RebeccaRoy chapter 30 . 10/29/2009
Great now both parents died...
RebeccaRoy chapter 27 . 10/29/2009
Nice way to shut Rookwood up!
RebeccaRoy chapter 21 . 10/29/2009
Hmm so what did Al's changes wrot this time?
RebeccaRoy chapter 20 . 10/29/2009
Love the laws and the last one, yes I could see why anyone who knows when they died would get a bit cranky.
1,523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »