Reviews for Backward With Purpose Part II: The Book of Albus
RebeccaRoy chapter 18 . 10/29/2009
This is going to be interesting...
RebeccaRoy chapter 15 . 10/29/2009
Al is desparate here isn't he?
RebeccaRoy chapter 14 . 10/29/2009
Oh this gets better and better!
RebeccaRoy chapter 11 . 10/28/2009
Yikes what did Al do here excatly?
RebeccaRoy chapter 5 . 10/28/2009
Ah and so it starts...In the future that is...
RebeccaRoy chapter 3 . 10/28/2009
Wow, Al sure has a right to be a bit moody here.
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Loved the first and have just started this one!
thecat30 chapter 48 . 10/20/2009
A fantastic series, and kudos for tackling such a complex story: a really different and sophisticated approach to the issues and potential of time-travelling. I also enjoyed how this immense and difficult story fitted in so nicely to BWPI and Al's brief explanation of his intervention: "the price was too high". It tied together well, and I thought you could have sneakily brought that chapter (or Al's view on the events of that chapter?) into this story. I really enjoyed seeing Al grow during this story, and thought the use of newspaper articles to illuminate shifts was a very good touch.

I can imagine it would be very difficult to bring humour into such a story due to the tragic events on which Al is focusing his energy. However, I thought there was more potential to use some of the Weasley dynamics - or the new Potter generation - for a few more laughs. It would reinforce the importance of family for Al and why he strives so hard to save everyone, beyond his genetic saviour complex. And of course, while I wish Neville could have lived, you sent him off in a blaze of glory that worked too well for me to complain!

Congratulations. A fantastically written and very creative example of fanfiction.
Peregrinate chapter 22 . 9/8/2009
just had to say-love how you keep changing his obituary!
threeeyedcrow chapter 50 . 8/22/2009
I loved it! I'm off to read the sequel now. Thanks a lot!
The Weatherwitch chapter 48 . 8/14/2009
WOW!

you are a really good auther!
Kittenmommy chapter 49 . 8/11/2009
I loved this as much as I loved the first one. I can't wait to read the sequel!
miaow100 chapter 49 . 7/17/2009
I have just finished backward with a purpose and its sequel. They were absolutely amazing. both of them. I am surprised and pleased at their complexity as well as the fantastic writing.
Kaouthakis chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Hate to do this so late... but the universe described in here cannot be the one before Merlin makes his first trip.

This is because Memories Unbound is written by the Wise Asp, or Merlin. The first trip backward in time would have to have been planting the book in the Hogwarts Library, not to mention in time for Dumbledore to know about it before his death. Therefore, the first universe would have to be the one where the price was too high. Somehow, in a fit of drunkenness or whatever, Merlin would have to have been born, otherwise H, G, & R would never have been able to travel back in time, rendering the entire plot effed over.

Once the alternate universe has been created through the use of the potion, the original universe cannot ever be accessed through any means of time travel, due to the fact that it has ceased to exist as the past from the created universe. This is in large part due to the Ripple Effect, as it was able to change the past as well as the future. So although what you did works just fine from a storytelling perspective, and in fact reads very nicely, the logistics of it are impossible. Sorry once again for throwing this out there so ridiculously late, but it was really bugging me and I just had to say something.
emdashing chapter 50 . 6/16/2009
I am very impressed with this fanfic as well, even if it did get confusing at times. I have not yet read the sequel, but I do hope you answer the questions you posed in your note at the end of this story. I'd much rather have definite answers than be sitting here guessing - it almost seems as though you haven't tied up loose ends. In particular, I'd really like to know whether Harry and Ginny find out about Al taking the curse, and if so, how they react. Any chance you would ever write that scene?
1,523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »