Reviews for Backward With Purpose Part II: The Book of Albus
jennyelf chapter 12 . 9/4/2008
Yes, Albus is going to help Albus fix things! I'm off to the next chappie!

~jenn :)
jennyelf chapter 10 . 9/4/2008
So he added two years to the life of his dad. What happened to Molly?

ReadingRed chapter 49 . 9/4/2008
well I like Al a lot so I prefer to think he is alive and well in the future. He and Emmy get married and have a few kids and live happily ever after. the end.
jennyelf chapter 9 . 9/4/2008
great way to explain the story. I love it!

jennyelf chapter 8 . 9/4/2008
I think that this is when the article is written about the prophecy and the release of the "terrible power" that he knows not in BWP. Al should have known better than to try to change that. I think it defied two laws there.. I'm off to the next chapter!

jennyelf chapter 7 . 9/4/2008
Interesting laws of time travel. I'm off to the next chapter. This one was excellent. Poor Albus with his unrequited love (or so it seems). :)

jennyelf chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
Albus doesn't realize all that he could potentially change if he changes his dad from being the boy-who-lived... Ginny could fall for Neville, Albus might not have even been born. Interesting implications could arise. Can't wait to see what happens.. Hey, I don't have to wait. I'm off to the next chapter.

Wapher chapter 49 . 9/4/2008
i like the idea, is this the end of the series? will we here more of it? will we get to see the gang grow up? like before Al becaome Merlin? or will it just end?

either way, good story, i enjoy your writing, so i hope you continue:)
arien043 chapter 49 . 9/4/2008
Love it!

While I'm disappointed it's finally come to an end, I think u tied it up pretty nicely. Stopped just at the right spot.

Great job!
honourary weasley chapter 49 . 9/4/2008
Similar to Harry's sacrifice would have protected Al, and the utterly unselfish (finally, at least) nature of Al's sacrivice has got to earn enough karma to survive the curse, or at least cancel it out. Harry thought he died to protect his family, and so did Al - I know Al doesn't quite have the same blood protection that Harry did, but Lily Potter's blood still flows in his veins, therefore, just maybe, extending the protection to him.

I hope Emmy and Al have babies. Lots and lots of babies. And that one day he tells here everything.

Then again, I'm a sucker for happy endings. Tragically poetic endings are nice, but Harry would be destroyed by the thought that his son died to save him, so I'm not going to imagine that unless you put it in print.
Mona Ogg chapter 49 . 9/4/2008
You know, I'm very disappointed that you're ending it here. It was a great story, but letting it end like this feels like one of those cartoonish sequences where someone walks off the edge of a cliff, hangs in the air for a moment, realises there's no more ground, and suddenly drops into oblivion. It's most frustrating to read, for three reasons:

1. It doesn't end on a happy note. Harry and Ginny live to (probably) see their son die.

2. There are too many possibilities of what might happen next. Open endings are only ok if either the main storyline is nicely wrapped up (imagine Deathly Hallows without the epilogue) or if you can guess - or rather, deduce from previous chapters - how the story might play out (up to three different versions allowed). Your story leaves that door wide open to speculation - no, what door? You've knocked down the walls! It makes the reader (well, me) feel sort of abandoned and lost.

3. You tell us that "there is a lot of story left" - why, that's just teasing! Also, you're telling us you're interested in hearing our views - but it's your story! We're reading it because of *your* views! I have enough time for my own thoughts between chapters.

Anyway, if I haven't made it clear through the previous paragraphs, I loved your story, but I wish you wouldn't end it like this. I want to read more! Please don't leave me hanging in the air...
Dragnew chapter 49 . 9/3/2008
Haha, and I thought your cliffhangers were bad.

Oh well, as an incurable romantic, and having been way too depressed by my recent book readings (Crime and Punishment, Watchmen and A Song of Ice and Fire. Not Happy books), so here's the way I believe Albus' tale will end up.

Al and Emmy get married, and live Happily Ever After (Which doesn't happen often enough)

They have, oh, let's say, 3 children, named Harry, Luna and Molly. And maybe a fourth kid named Xeno, depending. I think Emmy would like those names, and if she doesn't, well I'm sure she'd let Al know.

Harry's sacrifice protects Al, so he doesn't die from the Curse. So there. Hmph. He deserves a break.

Well, there we go. The Book of Albus has been written, and you have cemented your place amongst the Fanfic Greats. It's been one hell of a ride. Thanks.

Dave.
KG86 chapter 49 . 9/3/2008
I want to thank you for BWP and for this story. They are truly amazing.
Zoil chapter 49 . 9/3/2008
That's it? You're going to leave us with all of these questions burning in our minds! I'm depressed.

A really great story-Both Backward with a Purpose and The Book of Albus. I truly enjoyed reading them both. I can't believe it's over.

If you ever decide to post what YOU think happens to Al, please let me know. I would read it for sure-Seriously if it's not for another thirty-odd years I would still read it.
Deby Magid chapter 49 . 9/3/2008