Reviews for The Last Temptation of Legolas Thranduilion
ForeverRainingFire chapter 6 . 8/17
Great story! I really enjoyed it!
rockrose chapter 6 . 1/16
This was beautiful and heartbreaking and lovely.
EpicFailOnline chapter 6 . 9/25/2014
Could have done without the Peggy Sue (Stu?) ending, but on the whole beautifully characterised.
earthdragon chapter 6 . 4/16/2014
Beautiful story and very well written, as it was gripping right to the very end. I knew that mysterious "elf" was up to no good and prayed that Legolas wouldn't listen. I've always wondered what would have happened if a different elf had joined the Fellowship - although I also wondered why it wasn't one of Elrond's own sons who volunteered - or even Glorfindel, who would have been an ideal companion. After all, if Elladan was so convinced that Aragorn needed looking after, then why didn't he step forward and offer his services?

I doubt the veracity of that statement by Tolkien - that Legolas "did the least". I read the books long before I saw the movie version and the only character who was given more to do than originally scripted by Tolkien, was Arwen Evenstar, who is very much a minor player in the book. The person who heroically rescued Frodo at the river crossing and turned the waves into white horses, was actually Gandalf, not Arwen, but obviously she was given more importance in the film as the token love interest. Legolas, on the other hand, was very active throughout the quest and I have no doubt that without his courage and moral support to Aragorn, it's likely that the quest would have failed.
Salome Maranya chapter 6 . 3/3/2014
I repeat the words of the one who reviewed before me: THIS IS CRAZY. Yes, indeed, every chapter becoming more and more unreal. Yet you made it seem real. I have heard people complain about Legolas's "over-exposure" in the movies, but this is like an answer to them. Likewise, I liked how you portrayed Radagast (even Sauron, actually).

The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
THIS IS CRAZY. Yes, I'm only just beginning it, and I'm already running into some surprises - I didn't realize it was going to be movie!verse, at least judging by this first chapter, and the notion of Figwit taking Legolas' place in the Fellowship made me laugh out loud. I am wondering who the amber-eyed Elf will prove to be, and if he is (as I suspect) no Elf but some other manner of being, I wonder if he showed himself in that moment to any of the other members of the Fellowship as well
TMI Fairy chapter 6 . 7/9/2013
Larisya chapter 6 . 4/14/2013
Well, that was equally depressing as a premature Ardhon Meth...
Larisya chapter 5 . 4/14/2013
Good Lord, the hardships on their heads by him!
Larisya chapter 4 . 4/14/2013
Are not his mother's people even still his own?
dancingkatz chapter 6 . 5/25/2012
Wow! I need to go dig out a thesaurus to find the right words to explain how this so very powerful fic made me feel. You have such a gift for wordcraft, and I am grateful that you have shared the results of it with us. Bravissimi!
Dorian Herestor chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
First of all, let me congratulate you on a wonderful take on Kazantzakis' novel (god, I haven't read that in years!). I've always enjoyed a good "what if". It's harder than it sounds, writing a "what if" story or even think of the what if, on any aspect of life. Quite often do I find myself, during the moments of epic boredom and procrastination, what would had happen in I had, for example, eaten soup instead of salad.(stupid example, I know...;-)) Honestly, I think you did a magnificent job.

As always, your writing skills amaze me. (you really have to wrte some OC stories, with your own characters and settings)I find it amazing how you manage to almost turn fanfiction into speculative fantasy. The characterzations are very well done. I love you you discribed every single character. And Legolas' "alternate future" was well crafted. Unfortunatly, wierdly enough, I did find his relationshp with whats-her-face, can't remember her name, very meh. That's the best way for me to discribe it. Meh. I'm not a fan of Legomances' *shivers*, not at all, and I feel that I would've enjoyed this story much more if not for the Legolas/what's-her-face and then Calen business. However, I also do realise that if you hadn't added the business with the wife and the son, then Leggy's life would not have changed much at all and so, there wouldn't be any signficant difference between outcomes. So, my feelings about that part of the story are mixed. Still, I think this is a brilliant story. I love all the little details you've put into it, I adore the parts where Legolas sees what is happening to the fellowship, and I specially love your interpertation of of the possible events that would've happened if Legolas had not joined the fellowshp. This story really makes you think of the importance of people in other people's lives and on the world in general and, if anything, well, you proved the Professor wrong.

All in all (and I'm sorry for the stupidly long review), another great story from a great author! Congrats!
shine lots chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
The whispering voice in italics is creepy. I feep thinking "Legolas - don't listen t it". Also the third person reflections and musings (by Legolas) create tension in my oppinion. So well done.

Hmm, what do you mean by "JRR Tolkien said that of the members of the Fellowship, Legolas did the least." When/where does Tolkien say that Legolas contributes least to the Quest?
gginsc chapter 6 . 4/18/2011
A sad but beautiful story. Great job.
iiiionly chapter 6 . 10/30/2010
An outstanding reinterpretation Kazantzakis' book. And another exquitely wrought portrait of Legolas as he might have been had circumstances been different. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him in the role of husband and father in this story.

And how nice to see Radagast the Brown, again, in such a pivatol role here too, saving Middle-earth. Loved too, the wild elves of Legolas' mother's folk coming to the rescue of their lady's son and Thranduil making sure to include them in the girdle.

What a lovely time out of time this story was. I was delighted to find you out here as well, where it's slightly easier to leave reviews.