Reviews for A Handful of Valentines
fantasychica37 chapter 5 . 1/23/2014
I love this!
Darkover chapter 5 . 10/11/2010
Dear LadyBranwyn: These drabbles were a delight to read! My favorites were Nos. 2 and 5. Was No. 2, with Boromir come to bring suit for Eowyn, intended to be AU? Or is their marriage what would have happened, had Boromir not been killed in the War of the Ring? Or did Boromir come to Edoras for some other purpose-as a stopover on the way to Imladris, perhaps, or to trade for some horses for Gondor, anything-and Eomer and Eowyn just assumed the Heir of Denethor was there to propose marriage? Regardless, I liked how it turned out, with Eowyn deciding she liked the man who, in spite of his own discomfort, attended to his horse first. All the others were very good as well-little jewels of character development, each one-but the last, No.5, really tugged at my heart strings. That was so sweet of Boromir, to think of the feelings of his little brother. And it does seem completely in-character for Faramir to ask: "Why?" upon being told to do something. Thank you for writing and posting these drabbles. Sincerely, Darkover
demeter d chapter 5 . 9/11/2008
..."pointing the traveler to the North"... Was this intentionally ironic? After the loss of the rest of his family, this second son drew his new life from the North! A delightful picture of Boromir's love and care for his beloved brother!
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 6/20/2008
A great snapshot of a ceremony where Finduilas shines even more than her masterful hubby. It's very believable that "they were all a little in love with her", Finduilas must have been charming as well as attractive, and strong-minded as well. Aragorn's impression of her seems almost wistful, which is a nice touch.
Raksha The Demon chapter 2 . 6/20/2008
How nice for Boromir to find not only a Rohir princess who understands Sindarin, but who understands that the way to a good man's heart is through his horse's welfare! An interesting look at how things could have begun if the young Eowyn had been betrothed to Boromir.
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
A lovely vignette, conveying the pathos and beauty of a special moment between the weary healer-king and his future Steward. Also, a wonderful cameo by Beregond! Excellent characterisation of Aragorn.
valis2 chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
I love all of these stories, and I can't even choose a favorite. Boromir and Eowyn made for a fascinating tale, though. I love your writing so much!
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
I just love is a pleasure to reread it here.