Reviews for Make a wish
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This is one of the most beautiful short stories I've ever read, and I've read quite a few. The very concept is sweet, and you wrote it well, writing the cannon characters at their best, as fans wish they were always written, and in character. The Ocs were amazng, you had a mix of flaws and talents. You portrayed the goodness of humanity, letting the little bits of the less-nice stuff slip through for realisms sake, but it was handled well and realistically. Lauren was a character I founf myself growing attached to. Wonderful story.
-Dyslexic Nerd
AJRedRobin chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Loved it. So touching. It really does sound like something Robin would do.
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I laughed a little but mostly I just smiled and nearly ended up crying. This is an amazing story. Honest to god beautiful. I found myself wishing that she had survived. They were becoming such good friends. God this was amazing. It's left me completely speechless. I honestly can't seem to even think properly.
CK4eva chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
This was sooo sad! I loved it!
JoPoGirlsKickAss chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
This is the sweetest thing ever. Well done.
Nightingale Heartz chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Make a wish foundation is a great one, I think it's great that you could use it as a subject to write about Robin.
Birdgirl204 chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Aw, this is so awesome.
darqphire chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
well written, and touching. 5 stars.
AdrenalineRush16 chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
That. Was. Beautiful. It's not often you find fics like these, in fact, never. The idea of Robin taking a sick girl to her prom is just too cute for words. That was so sweet. (Makes me wish my prom was like that) You did Lauren's death very well too. Not too sappy or long, just perfect.

Thank you for posting, this is a favorite.

AdrenalineRush16
Laws of Chaos chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I know this sounds kind of odd, but I wanted to thank you for writing this story. I actually am a 'wish-kid" as most of us call it- I was diagnosed with cancer in elementary school. There aren't enough people out there who care enough to sit down and write these types of fan-fic, so I just want to tell you, on behalf of everyone who's been affected by Make-A-Wish, thank you. We can never thank the Make-A-Wish volunteers enough for what they do for the kids who recieve these wishes- they are, as cliche as this sounds, what gets a lot of us through the unending treaments we have to have.

I know that whenever I was in the hospital for chemo, my parents would sit by my bed and we would plan what we were all going to do on our MAke-A-Wish trip. It was a bright spot in all the unending hospitalizations and chemotherapy. So once more, thank you for writing this awesome piece.

One quick thing though, not all Make-A-Wish kids die. The illness has to be life-threatening, not terminal. While yes, there are far too many cases like the one in your story, it is the sad exception rather than the rule. (Which I'm rather glad of! I was officially pronounced cured two years ago last month!)

Blessings,

LawsOfChaos
jewelofthedawn chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
This was an incredible story, and so sad it almost made me cry.
xXWinterSonataXx chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Another fantastic story, Simon. Really interesting...and a very sad story Oh well, at least she had a night of her dreams with Robin. He was so kind to do all that stuff for her :) Great job!
YPD- too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
This story was so.. bittersweet- at the beginning I felt all warm and fuzzy..and then the sadness overwhelmed me as Lauren revealed herself as so far along into the illness...

All together a superbly written piece- amazing job!
Samantha Selman chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
I just wanna say that I love all of your stories that you write. They always bring a smile to my face and are very good and entertaining. This story was really sweet. The only thing I would like to see is maybe Bruce's reaction to it...