Reviews for Like A Dance
starsinjars chapter 5 . 12/5/2012
hmm, makes me want to finish crisis core, but i really don't want to... ;A;
anyway, i did enjoy it, this is the first time i've read this pairing. i also like the dance title thingy was use so fleetingly xD
thank you! :D
gDeIpVhIrNoEtt chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Lady Amarissia,

You are awesome. You are an awesome writer. Not in the creepy way, but, even though I'm a woman, I want to marry you. - Take that with a pinch of salt.

On to what I want to say. As usual, the way you narrated everything made Zack and the other characters more alive. The emotions are very intense, and as I was reading I felt like Zack's pain was mine. I felt his story was mine. This story is excellent. Poor Zack...got raped.
As usual, Genesis is excellent - all evil. This story is excellent.
Soluzek chapter 5 . 9/2/2012
Awesome story...you write Genesis so evilly, & I had forgotten about the cameras until Angeal noticed the TV's in his apartment. Like how Sephiroth provided the weapon...again, awesome.
TA Salmalin chapter 5 . 6/10/2012
I've heard that you torment the characters you love the most, but damn. Poor Zack! I almost couldn't make it through the story, but the last line: "I feel...safe." Finally started some happy crying. But still. Poor, poor Zack!
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 5 . 6/3/2012
dam that was good really good i have also read the story conected to this with cloud in it and i believe that the story should definately be continued and updated really soon cause i wanna read more pretty please
13Zeroither chapter 2 . 3/12/2012
whoa, drama drama. Very good, keep it up :)
StyxxsOmega chapter 5 . 10/20/2011
awwwww. i loved it! please write more.
Xescay chapter 5 . 10/15/2011
Aww, the ending was so cute!
NotHere439871 chapter 5 . 10/7/2011
Dear Amarissia,

While I have my boyfriend holding my hand and after a month of having read this story I have finally worked up the courage to actually face any of your bitter words.

For a start, you probably think 'Oh great...it's HIM' well 'him' happens to have a lot to him. I recommend you go onto my profile and click on my 'Homepage' and read the first journal entry, but even so, I can just tell you here and I want others to be able to see this review and think as they read this story.

I was raped. Twice. And on top of that I was blackmailed into sex with false information once. So that's three times sexual abuse. I can tell you now, the effect has not worn off on me. At all. It's still lingering every minute of every day. It's a difficult thing to live with. I'm not asking for pity, I am asking you to open your eyes.

I am actually one of the lucky ones although I now suffer from a split-personality disorder. It's...extreme. The side you speak to now is me, Gabriel, the other side is...well...exact opposite in every way.

The trauma from my experience results in me pushing my boyfriend away and sometimes I even associate him with the people who abused me, even though he has never hurt me like they had and never will. He's my ongoing support, but you see the trauma messses with the mind, it makes us lose trust with everyone, especially those we love. And like I said, it is constant.

You are probably thinking 'Well most rape victims move on, statistics...' well for a start statistics are flawed. Most commit suicide, take drugs to forget, or like myself believe that their sole purpose in life is to work in sex industry or be a sex-slave because that is all we are good at. That's just what we get drilled into our heads. Also, the fact that Zack, like me, knew and respected those who abused him further makes the matters worse. That intensifies the trauma which is where loss of trust and disgust for people comes through.

This isn't a matter of fact, it is a matter of psychology.

So with the intro done I will tell you this.

I cried reading this story. Because I wish it were that simple. And I am not a weak, masochist. I make the effort to see and try to speak to a psychiatrist and that is a very difficult thing for people like me. So what I am saying is that this story is gravely unrealistic. You are missing so many facts. Not only that, but on top of it all Zack just seemed to mope around emo. Um...he's human, but still not entirely there. He should be having flares of rage at people especially when they try to help him. I am not just looking at myself, but see, my personality never exists in me very often, a lot of the actions are based on trauma, not on personality. Personality becomes damaged and blocks and walls are made.

Also, Zack trusted Angeal too quickly, too soon. And you basically closed the story with a lovely sex scene. No...again too quickly too soon. There are levels of trust and they build, think about it - as much as I love my boyfriend of 2 years, I still do not trust him. In fact, there are days even weeks where I don't trust him at all.

But this isn't about me, this is about your poor representation of how a rape victim is to cope. Very poor. Okay, bad. Because really, you didn't care or take into consideration what rape is. You didn't write a rapefic you just wrote an orgy, with Zack being the poor tortured victim and because of that all of your readers are thinking "awww...you poor thing Zack...always getting raped..." and that is what you want. Rape is a lot more ugly. If I told you half the things I do because of my experience you would have thought twice about writing this the way you did.

Honestly, I believe this story was just a little device for you to get readers and to get people reviewing so they know more of 'poor Zack'. In the end, it repulsed me. Made me upset that someone who dares to write rape and attempt to make it serious and believe it is theoretically correct, writes it for entertainment, for sexual entertainment more so.

This all comes under the banner of 'Research before Writing' which you clearly have not done. It was selfish for you to write this (harsh, I know), but I cannot think of it any other way. Look at all of the readers you have misread into believing this is plausible? That's disgusting!

Not to mention, the last chapter...is a time span of less than a week - Zack gets raped when he is captured and soon after Zack and Angeal are home, having sex and life is perfect. Honey, even if my boyfriend killed all of those who abused me, life would still not me perfect. Now you make rape seem as only a physical thing - it's severely, psychologically damaging. What good is killing the rapists? Okay, they won't rape Zack again, but he would still believe that others may rape him. It isn't zoned into a group of people, it damages the perspective too.

I have plenty to say, but I feel that upon the first sight of anything negative you would just call me a flamer or an idiot and words are worthless. Well if that is the case...you should look into the mirror and ask yourself why you wrote this story about a rape victim and then say you have just ignored the words of someone who was raped just because they didn't like your story. That has happened to me before. It's heartless, but has happened. In the end, this is constructive criticism, not a flame because I have valid reasons.

Message me if you have an issue with/like to talk about anything mentioned in this review.
underhandlilies chapter 5 . 9/15/2011
Aw. I absolutely adored this, and I usually don't read fics like this. Skipped pretty much all of the explicit, but the love between Angeal and Zack still warmed my heart. :)
NothingSoSpecial chapter 5 . 6/29/2011
Oh my Gaia, that was one of the best Yaoi and angst fan-fics I've ever seen in my whole 3 years. If it isn't too much trouble, you need to make more of these stories. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes to tell you how great your story was.
Reno Saikari chapter 2 . 4/21/2011
Shank him sephiroth shank genesis like youve never shanked before!
Lepa93 chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
The ending is too cute to handle! *squeal*

This is one of those fanfictions that is well written, has a good story, makes sense and is fun to read :D

Poor Zack... Too perfect for his own good 3 :D
yuugi arry chapter 5 . 12/18/2010
awwwwwww this was sooooooo cute...well the last part was...i cant belive it took forever to finish it...i wanted to yell at some point(manly when Ginisis and the others were BAD)...but...wow its complicated to explain my feelings...but happy is one of them... :D
Anna chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
This is so... amazing! It's sad, emotional and I can't wait for the nexp chapter. ( it's just a click away so lucky me). This is great. You write Angeal&Zack storys very well. Your..in lack of better words, AWESOME!