Reviews for Pulling Punches
Brenny chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Hon, this one is just absolutely awesome!Again so brotherly. Love it, thanks for sharing!
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Great story! emo Groundhog Day! LOL! :)
Rat chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
very cool story, I love when the boys get a chance to talk things out after an episode!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Awesome Michaela, you got the boys so well there! Sam knowing exactly how Dean was thinking and determined to get his brother to talk, and Dean knowing exactly what Sam was trying to do and determined to avoid it!

He’d learnt at a young age that if you waited for Dean to tell you when something was wrong you’d wait forever, so he’d developed a process that was not unlike poking a bear with a stick until it came after you. It took skill, inside knowledge, and the ability to duck and run. But usually it was worth it in the end.

As usual you got their banter spot on!

“So do you want to do this the usual way or can we bypass the twenty minutes of me asking what’s wrong and you saying everything’s fine?”

Dean blinked. Obviously Sam had decided on the more direct approach this evening, which was a little disconcerting.

“I’ve no idea what you mean.”

“Oh good. We’re doing it the old fashioned way.” Sam said, dryly, and Dean deliberately avoided his gaze instead finishing off his second beer and pushing himself up.

He hadn’t even got fully out of the booth before Sam grabbed his arm.

“Where are you going?”

“The bathroom. You wanna come hold my hand?”

Loved them both remembering when Dean had physically hit Sam when they were younger - but Sam was right when he said words could hurt more!

Perfect drunk Dean, you could so imagine how bad he was going to feel in the morning and how Sam would enjoy making him suffer a little!

“Now I get to drag you back to the motel and tomorrow morning I get to laugh when you have the hangover from hell.”

Dean groaned and rested his head on his knees again.

“You’re gonna enjoy this, aren’t you?” came the muffled response and Sam’s smirk grew.

“Oh yeah. I may even take pictures. Of course there is a more serious point I’m gonna make.”

Dean lifted his head slightly and looked sideways at Sam, ignoring the fact his view was more tilted than it should have been.

“Which would be?”

“That you need to stop doing this. I mean it, Dean, you’ve been drinking too much lately and it’s not the answer. I’m not saying you have to share everything, cos I know that would bring about the apocalypse, but maybe you could consider an actual conversation now and then. Even if it’s just the small stuff. Ok?”

Wish Kripke would incorporate the scenarios you write into the episodes, it would make them even more awesome!
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Enjoyed that, thank you :-)
KatieMalfoy19 chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Hey! Another phenominal story! I loved it! I could totally see how Dean hitting Sam would eat him up and I love how to Sam it didn't seem to be all that big of a deal. I also like what Sam said about words hurting more at times cause I'm sure he remembers exactly what he said to Dean that day to set him off and probably a lot of other times he hurt Dean with words. I just can't wait til your next story! Katie
36 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3