Reviews for Make Me Understand
chelsie chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Spike's chip doesn't stop him from acting evily just violently towards humans, just as Angel's soul doesn't stop him from acting evily. He is as much a danger to Buffy as Spike is...iF NOT MORE.
Princess SimbiAni Dreamz a'Luv chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
hmm... interesting, well-written...
Sincerely, SimbiAni... luver of all that's sappy, cute, & aww-some!
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 4/20/2002
This is a tightly-written, extraordinarily focused little fiction. It's angsty and bitter and somehow the removal of the usual sexual tension so many people put in their stories about any meetings between these two larger-than-life heroes is curiously right. This story isn't really about the love lost between Buffy and Angel; it's about her disturbing new relationship with Spike and it hits all the right notes. But I think it's just crying out for a followup-not a sequel, perhaps, but a happy resolution. Hopefully something B/A without Spike in the way?
Chloe chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
:( How sad. It portrays the B/S thing realistically, anyways. Good fic.
sgh chapter 1 . 11/23/2001
Buffy Anne Summers2 chapter 1 . 11/16/2001
karen chapter 1 . 10/19/2001
aww that was depressing but at least it was well written.
Kady chapter 1 . 10/19/2001
Beautifully done. I especially loved the last three paragraphs. You've certainly captured the dynamics of the relationship Buffy has with both Angel and Spike.

I recently saw Hannibal and I found the scene where he ask Clarice why she's never asked him to stop the killing very reminiscent of the relationship between Spike and Buffy and very chilling. As appealing as Spike is, he's still a demon. Will love be able to transform this deadly creature into even more of a man than he once was?

Angel needed his soul back to become a hero. I don't think Spike's chip is changing him, it's only preventing him from acting on instinct.