Reviews for Take the sky
minstorai chapter 4 . 2/15
This story's such a spectacular idea!
steepedinwords chapter 4 . 8/20/2012
LOVE this. Dean and River make me grin so wide my face hurts.
tipsyapple chapter 4 . 2/22/2012
I've always been a fan of Firefly and I just started watching Supernatural. I loved this fic before but now I appreciate it even more, Dean is pretty hilarious and I think him and River are super great in this! If you continued this it would make my day, week, month and year!
ccase13 chapter 4 . 1/28/2012
I love the Winchesters thrown by some demon into a classic Serenity. Dean probably would like River Tam and she could certainly learn to kick demon ass.
Hidden Relevance chapter 4 . 1/1/2011
OK I can not even begin to say just how much this story makes me happy... like so painfully happy I was damned near squeeing loud enough to scare my dog, and then half blubbering into tears. It's just totally utterly lovely. Are there any other fics that might connect to this one in your gallery by chance? Or some form or bribe that might get you to continu this one? lol
Katie chapter 4 . 9/14/2010
First of all - Firefly and Supernatural? My two favorite fandoms in one place - I LOVE you. A lot.

So many awesome quotes, and most of my favorites were mentioned in previous comments, but for some reason I'm not quite sure of, I absolutely adore. 'You sound like the captain.' 'I sound like my Dad, which is even more worrying.'

You rock. Seriously, you do.
Port-of-Seas chapter 4 . 5/28/2010
I don't know why, but I've come to find myself majorly addicted to this particular crossover. This is the first I've found that isn't Sam/River, and it's sort of refreshing. I hope you keep writing. I'm deadly curious, and there's so much to explore in this situation!

Plus, you have Simon down pat. I love it!
Kimna chapter 4 . 7/3/2009
This is... so... mind-blowing, I can't...! I don't even know where to begin. SO GOOD, THOUGH, OMG. S'like, I was just browsing through Supernatural stories and BAM- the summery didn't even have "crossover" mentioned, but I knew character names and hadn't watched Firefly in ages, cept recently one episode for some reason, and I even almost passed by it cause it's just so unorthodox but gawd- so good.

Oh, but first off- I went and checked out this fic in your lj and can't help but notice you didn't include the first snippet with the conversation between Dean and River. I really like that one- you had the Rover-speak down pat. That one quote, "You're Sammy's Simon on the outside, but in the inside, you're his River." is SO frigging PREFECT, leik woah.

And and and the few sentences for the lj-cut where Dean was talking to Wash- "Just don't sit on the dinos. They bite." Gah- I know how these chapters aren't, you know, a real story per say, but snippets. So you can have random quotes(?) parts(?) wherever. Still, I don't know myself if I'd rather it be organized, or stay with this... loose... unbounded... way that you've written them. Parallels the vague backstory you have going on, too. (I'm getting more and more in awe of your genius as I'm figuring it all out!) Just... ah, I don't know. I know I LOVE them, so that's what counts.

SO IN THE STORY. I can't BELIEVE how the Winchester brothers, American boys from the Mid-west, fit SO WELL in the 'verse where America doesn't even EXIST and it's the FUTURE and flying spaceships- what? Just like Mal's fleeting thoughts about yet another pair of siblings he has managed to pick up. (Woah... I just realized that, aha. Siblings...) But Mal didn't know about Sam's confession to Zoe or Simon's to Sam. (Ugh, so good.)

Drawing similarities with a war between the Alliance and Independents to SPN's Heaven and Hell? Crazy insane. But the fact that Sam didn't mention details makes the situation, no matter how ridiculous sounding, understandable to a fellow warrior like Zoe. I love how that conversation gives us a sliver of backstory. Or if you choose it to be. To me, when I first read it- I thought Sam meant that "the war" constantly mentioned in the series finally... you know, happened. Full-tilt. But then again, now that I think about it- they've always been fighting a kind of war, and HAVE been labeled as murderers before. So-! up to interpretation as to WHEN exactly does the brothers get transported 500 hundred years into the future.

And Simon's rant to Sam. I totally reread that paragraph at least twice to see it from both of their views and I cannot believe how every single damn question just FIT. Two characters that I couldn't even fathom or think about in the same mindframe are suddenly, jarringly SO ALIKE. SAM AND SIMON? Who makes that connection? But you did- and I love you. For writing this. For sharing. For tackling a truly crazy crossover with... SUBSTANCE in the story. Anyone can throw names together- s'called crack, but this- SO GOOD.

Last thoughts: I love that even in the Firefly 'verse, there're still demon asses to kick. Why wouldn't there be? And how River adopts Dean's mannerisms? Priceless. Mal's comment on how he's everyone's "ersatz Daddy" made me smile like no other. "Winchester-speak, which is a dialect of Serenity-speak, but with different accents" is SO clever and true, s'like a bumper sticker quote. And finally the end scene when Sam and Simon reach a truce and share a piece of themselves. History of the current world and self-defense! Can't go wrong with either of 'em.

I know this has been a while back- but I HAD to review to let you know another fan of both series enjoyed what you've conjured up here. I do hope you may return to this world of meshed worlds sometime, but nevertheless- I look forward to checking out the other stuff you've written. Thank you, and keep up the great work! :D
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 4 . 3/27/2009
Really liked this! Very funny! :)
Aimed mischief chapter 4 . 2/28/2009
Man, I love this universe.
graceofgod chapter 4 . 2/28/2009
Aw... That's a wonderful way to see them ending up. Settled, more or less, in a world where they can find some sort of peace. Even if it is all about to go sideways...

And Dean? Flying Serenity? Love to see that! (Or Mal's face when he puts on Zeppelin - "Driver picks the music!" hee)

Thanks for a lovely read!
graceofgod chapter 3 . 2/28/2009
heh heh - Daddy Mal. Awesome.
graceofgod chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Oh, Firefly and the Winchesters... They'd fit in on Serenity all right! Love the descriptions and the characters - gotta go watch it again now!
Medieval Liz chapter 4 . 2/28/2009
I would never have thought of a Firefly/Supernatural cross over, but this is pretty good. Not a lot of back story, yet, which I hope means there's more to come. I love that Dean and River connect so well. I'd love to see a scene with those two hunting together. I'll be watching this one. *grin*

-Liz
Epiphanyx7 chapter 3 . 11/29/2008
This... this made me very, very happy. I honestly don't know what else I would rather read at five o'clock in the morning, but this - this is SUPERNATURAL and FIREFLY, and that means that this is worth reading at any time of day. Possibly more than once.

My heart EXPLODED with joy.

And - you have the characters nailed down. Just... wonderful.