Reviews for Broken Friendships
mangagirl18 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Excellent fic.
bookworm chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
You should do more stories like this! I love the whole idea of this story! You should make more!
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
MAGNIFICENT.

I never thought I'd find so many things to praise about such a short fic. First, of course, you get a cookie for dealing with Ryo's backstory from the games in some way, another for the basic Wormmon cuteness (poor little guy...) and then you get a dozen internets for giving some depht to characters that are usually neglected in that respect, namely V-mon and Emperor!Ken, after all, if you pay attention to the series, they DO go beyond "classic Idiot hero" and "IU" respectively, particularly the Emperor does get some depht, he's lost, frustrated and he doesn't GET that he went off the deep end, ppl often neglect that it's still Ken, even if he IS warped beyond recognition, that's the scary thing, if it was JUST mind control, he'd have nothing to angst about afterwards.

In that vein, I thought that the idea of him still caring about Ryo, albeit in a very dark, twisted way was just a stroke of genius.

It is appropiate, Ryo's dissapearance was probably one of the many things that drove him over the edge.

Just like he copied his brother's glasses, hairstyle and the whole genius thing, he seems to have tried to pick up a little of Ryo's "the-guy-who-can-handle-the-lovecraftian-darkness-stuff" stick, 'cept he couldn't, "Kimeramon" being a mayor keyword here.

Also yeah, just what has gotten into him - brilliant irony/allusion there. It was downright chilling. Emperor!Ken completely being in complete denial is, of course, very IC.

Quite ironic, isn't it, that he basically ended up turning into such a monster because of the selfless act of pushing his then-best friend out of harm's way? Then again, if those spores HAD hit their designated target... I don't think the universe would've survived that.
Artemisgirl91 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Loved it! I love how you tied it to the games!
Oh F No chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
who is ryo?

KEN man you were such a basterd
90MLLu chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Hey,

This is fantastic! Seriously. I could imagine that in the series. The plot is genious. Veemon being Ryo's old partner that what a surprise. Your dialog is well done and it was really great. I enjoyed every moment of it. You are a fantastic writer that's for sure(v)

90MLLu
Broken Angel01 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
That was...awesome! I especially loved the way you portrayed Veemon in this fic. He was so well done in character (not to take the spotlight off the others who were also amazingly done, I loved Ken!)Also, I loved how you got a lot of Ryo in there and his relationship to Ken, especially for a short story like this. That was great.

You also get bonus points for your author note making me laugh.

But...there's just one problem. You really are a good writer and the more Digimon fics you write the more I'm going to want to see and read! Just be warned!
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
It's been a long time since I saw a truly good Digimon fanfic, and it was amazing to read this. Though I haven't played the games, I have a general idea of what happens, so I know the basis you used, and I found it fitting.

This was an enjoyable read, and I'm very glad that I chose to read it. Once I get my Digimon C2 organized again, I do believe this will find a place there.
Twilight Archangel chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
If only we could have seen this scene in thr series...of course, many little kids would be confused but bah. I liked the "trial", even though Ken had, as Veemon said, Millenniummon inside, he still cared about Ryo...like...friendship combined with Mille's desires of being Ryo's partner.

And the Digimon Emperor wins...this time. Well, we know what happens next. This is quite a good piece to read...

AMAZING WORK!