Reviews for Death is an Art
Muzzlehatch chapter 2 . 5/27/2011
Hoist with their own petard. I liked that.
Sharksbean chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
nice twist. never expected the bomber would be killed by his own bomb lmao!
Sharksbean chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
this sorta reminds me of the saw movies hehe
Donteatacowman chapter 2 . 7/15/2008
Good story, but I can't help feeling sorry for the means of the "artist"'s death- undone by his accomplice's foolishness. Good writing, though.
Redbird1 chapter 2 . 7/10/2008
..."Starring Martin Landau as Ron Stoppable"

Nice adaptation or a classic Cold War 'Zone eppy..well done Cap
KPRS shipper chapter 2 . 7/9/2008
Nice story! I'm glad they outwitted Ernst itstead of finishing his little game. And the best part was, they knew that the phone was the bomb and didn't diffuse it just to spite him!
KPRS shipper chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Good beginning. It's very Saw. (I don't know if you've ever seen the Saw movies, but basically a person is hooked to some kind of death machine and in order to disarm it they have to do something gross like remove their eyeball to get a key.) But obviously not as gory.
Quathis chapter 2 . 6/25/2008
A good conclusion. Smart Team Possible with Ron turning the tables. Funny in a kinda twisted kind of way.
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 2 . 6/24/2008
Captain,

Believe it or not, I remember that 'Twilight Zone' episode. I also remember a similar 'plot device' used in the Mel Gibson movie, 'Payback'. Still, you did add enough originality when you had Ron winged for his efforts.

(Returns the right-hand salute) Job well done, Captain.

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
Ezbok58a chapter 2 . 6/24/2008
I thought the premisis for this story sounded familiar. I used to always watch the Twilight zone...

Good merging of the two ideas, you make it look easy.
Nutzkie chapter 2 . 6/24/2008
"But over here, cleverly disguised as a bomb, is a bomb!"

- Bullwinkle J. Moose

But seriously, a nice little bit of poetic justice at the end of this one, Cap'n. Sort of reminds me of the climactic scene in "Payback" with Mel Gibson. This is why you should never pick up the phone in someone else's house.

And now that I've thought about it, the scene in chapter one where Ernst talks about building up an immunity to the drug reminded me a little bit of the Battle of Wits scene in "The Princess Bride." "They were both poisoned. I spent a year building a resistance to iocane powder." Now THAT'S dedication to one's trade. On some level, you've got to admire that.

And to add a healthy dash of insult to injury, Ron should have called the hotel room collect.

Although it does make you stop and think: Team Possible has now officially, with malice of forethought, taken a life. (Two of them, to be precise.) Granted, one could hardly blame them given the circumstances, but still... Perhaps they're finally growing up and leaving their notoriously G-rated existence behind.

Yet another badical entry, Cap'n. Looking forward to next time!

Nutzkie...
Drakonis Aurous chapter 2 . 6/24/2008
Interesting tale. Suspenseful and well done. Great work! As to the twilight episode, I'm not sure which it is.

- Drakonis Aurous
whitem chapter 2 . 6/24/2008
Guess I don't recognize the Twilight Zone ep...

Good short story here though. Sort of a "What goes around, comes around" kinda thing.

Until the next one...
Drag0nf1y chapter 2 . 6/24/2008
Pretty interesting. I like this one.

Keep it up!
Tucsoncoyote chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Ah Cap, trying to pull the Wool over my eyes eh? Nope when I read those last few lines, I knew it was a spin on the old "Twilight Zone" episode. and in fact while in this one we had some psychopathic killer who is an artiste, the original Zone work was to get rid of a Guy who was against the government and in the end the same scenes played out. (Yep Johann you idiot NEVER pick up the phone!) Whoops too late..

But a nice modern twist to a great old Twilight Zone Ep.. (Now that's a novel little twist.

Tucsoncoyote-