Reviews for Skyway Avenue
Imperator Justinian chapter 14 . 4/16/2015
Well, we'll see if Shaman turns out to be important later or not in the story. But I have a feeling that Rayquaza will eventually have to follow through on his thoughts on whether or not he is a hero.
Imperator Justinian chapter 13 . 4/16/2015
You know, I would have thought that the rose would have died or wilted by now having been cut and presumably gone without water for a few days.

Major character development for Khan. You had always hinted at what he had just told Bianca, especially when he was glad that Genghis was concerned about him, but it seems that Bianca is really bringing out the best in him. Which makes me hope that he doesn't end up betraying her trust after everything nice she's done. I'll just have to keep on reading to find out.
Imperator Justinian chapter 12 . 4/16/2015
Well, this was a really sweet chapter. I love how anti-climatic Rayquaza and Latias' scene was, because, again, you built up something serious, sweet and memorable and then completely broke it down into something funny. While that was pretty much all this chapter was, save the difference between Khan and Genghis becoming more stark, it was really well written (as usual).
Imperator Justinian chapter 11 . 4/16/2015
Wow, Rayquaza's really coming around. I have a feeling that the dance will be interrupted, but the fact that he's going through all the trouble of doing whatever he's planning really speaks to not only how much he's come to enjoy Latias' company, because he's progressed to throwing away all pretenses of this just being so she won't mope around so much, and actually appears to be enjoying having a counterpart. I had to laugh when Deoxys looked for someone to help her distract Latias and Mew just happened to come by.

Out of all the people that Khan could be saved by, it happened to be Bianca. I do wonder how this will end for him.
Imperator Justinian chapter 10 . 4/15/2015
I really like the analogy of Rayquaza and Latias' relationship as being a rose, though given the fact that it was a rose that Rayquaza gave to Latias it can be misconstrued in many ways.

I noticed that you seem to alternate between capitalizing and lowercasing the Pokémon's names. Is there a reason for that or is it just a typo?

That cop's comeback was hilarious.
Imperator Justinian chapter 9 . 4/15/2015
Rayquaza's starting to come around. And, by a stroke of pure incompetent luck, it seems that the Rockets might actually find the Soul Dew now.
Imperator Justinian chapter 8 . 4/14/2015
The beginning reminded me a bit of Race Ya!.

You really went against my expectations with this chapter. While I was expecting the two to not be able to cooperate, ultimately I thought this would end up with the two arguing and trying to figure out a way to rescue the Pokémon on their own. But I still love what you did with it. The two got into an argument over something completely menial, building up their task as one of the most important in the world, and then the boulder blocking the cave just crumbled in the most anti-climatic way possible, as a result of something that wasn't even intended. That was probably best summed up with Rayquaza's reaction. Overall, a brilliant and hilarious job with that scene.
Imperator Justinian chapter 7 . 4/14/2015
Office politics.

Well, it certainly seems that Rayquaza and Latias will have to work together to rescue the trapped Pokémon, which I look forward to seeing. I also found Arceus' comment about the relationship between the Legendaries and mortals to be interesting.

Not much else to say about this. It was funny, as usual, and was also a good chapter for character development, but a bit transitory.
Imperator Justinian chapter 6 . 4/13/2015
I feel like this chapter should have been joined with the previous, only because it feels like an anecdote to it and less of a chapter of its own. That said, I still enjoyed it. Good job on the Temujin reference, and Genghis and Khan's misadventure bore a striking resemblance to Mr. Rooney's failed attempts at breaking into Ferris' house, which, though it's possible I'm just thinking into this too much, made it all the more funny.

Rayquaza and Latias' interaction was sweet, and even if Rayquaza doesn't fully realize how much his one act of kindness means to Latias, it was still really nice to see her acknowledge it.
Imperator Justinian chapter 5 . 4/13/2015
Only you would be able to figure out a way to incorporate the Joker and Batman into Pokémon, and make it both believable and enjoyable. Kudos on that. Oh, and the Karate Kid references too.

I really liked this chapter. Not much happened in it plot wise, but it was just fun to watch the two enjoy themselves for a while over something silly (and quite entertaining at that). I can't say much more than that, but good job.
Imperator Justinian chapter 4 . 4/12/2015
Giovanni sure seems to have a lot of scheming, rebellious underlings, doesn't he?

The cookie scene was both adorable and brilliant. Just through that short action and few lines of dialogue (and a lot of description), you managed to show off Rayquaza's and Latias' personalities so well, the stark contrast between the two, and further them in only a few lines of dialogue.

Painting walls. Only Arceus would think of something so boring as a teamwork-building exercise, and only Latias would find a way to be optimistic about it.
Imperator Justinian chapter 3 . 4/12/2015
Well, it appears things are getting underway in the plot. Rayquaza's had a warm welcome, Bianca has been introduced, and you've brought in the villains.

I did love the description of Alto Mare, how you showed off the brilliant architectural design of it and gave enough description to let the reader infer the rest without bogging down the story in addition to making it actually feel like one could experience it, and it would make sense to since it appears to be through Rayquaza's analysis.

The humor was good too, from Rayquaza having to jump through one of the Mario portraits, to Latias suffocating him in a manner eerily similar to Mew, Genghis and Khan's interactions, and the fact you kept true to the unspoken rule of Team Rocket teams being named after (in)famous brutes is a plus as well.

Another good job.
Imperator Justinian chapter 2 . 4/11/2015
Arceus' reaction was priceless, and I love that everyone began placing bets as to how long the arrangement would last for.

I wouldn't say that Rayquaza is deserving of the selfishness that everyone allots to him. I would rather say he has an immense pride; as demonstrated through both his desire to uphold his 'reputation' in this chapter, and his massive dislike of what he views as weakness in the previous. If he was as selfish as everyone thought him to be, then he probably would have paid Latias no heed or showed her any empathy. To be fair, this arrangement still had a benefit for him, but it was clear it was more done for Latias' sake than his. Anyways I imagine some great misadventure will follow as a result of said agreement. I'll just have to keep reading to find out, but this story really has me captivated only two chapters in.
Imperator Justinian chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
Another solid start for this story, which is to be expected. After all, this story did pretty much make Dracoshipping pseudo-canon. Eh, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I noticed that you preferred to keep this chapter more focused on the individuals and their thoughts than their surroundings and actions, which worked very well for portraying the despair that Latias was feeling, and Rayquaza's personality.

Again, as I previously mentioned, you have a real talent for showing off a character's personality in such a short sequence without giving away too much, and Rayquaza's no different. He's a loner, mature, but still curious, a bit gruff, but not enough to be mean to Latias, and overall a rather interesting character that can serve as a really good foil to Latias, and visa-versa.

Anyways, I look forward to reading through the rest of this.
Lol chapter 20 . 2/26/2015
That story...has got to be the best pokemon fanfic I have ever read, and best fanfic overall! And I like the idea of comparing latias and rayquazaz bond to a rose...
370 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »