Reviews for Sold Out
Falls-44 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
That was a very funny oneshot. I enjoyed your portrayal of Link, and Stagg's words sum up how I always imagined Link to be: "No matter what, you're positive, whether it's good business, or mediocre, or...um...good business. What I'm saying is that you leave us all with good feelings."

Basically I've always seen Link as a very personable and approachable fellow, mainly due to all the people he helps out in his various quests.

I also liked how this story wasn't about Link, per se, but more about some random Hylian who's just having a bad day. So many of the stories in the Zelda fandom are about Link and his epic quests (which there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!), but it's refreshing to find a story with such a different perspective.

"Sold out?" snarled the little person, nostrils flaring. "Really?"

Stagg just nodded in the affirmative. "Right. Sold out."

Hahaha.
Allie Chick chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Hahaha! That's pretty funny. I love how Link is portrayed. I've always imagined him being a positive and happy person.
Spiritual Stone chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
HHHAAAAAAAA! Nice. XD
DanaeMariSkywalker chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I love it! That was so funny! LOL! That man just couldn't take a hint and then suddenly Link appears and gets what the one guy wanted. :-D
Davin Sunrider chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
This was funny. As I think someone else pointed out, the sarcastic shopkeeper had some great lines, and I liked the customers, too. The short man's outrage at the end was just priceless, but the other customer's snide remarks were some of the funniest parts, I think. All in all, an amusing little story.
peruvianprincess chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Cute story. I liked the line about whining to his mother. It got a couple of chuckles out of me.
FabulaEstActa chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Heh. That was pretty funny. I like the point of the story, about the need to have a good attitude no matter what's going on, but the fact that you were able to weave it in with a bit of humor was simply fantastic. The sarcasm in the shopkeeper was just beautiful, and I like how Link just sort of strolled in and stole the show, in just a matter of a few lines. Nice oneshot.
Veronica Hawthorne chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
A great, humorous oneshot. No suggestions- great for someone who needs a laugh break.
Erico chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Things like this are just classic to me. They fit into the "Huh, nobody ever talks about these little moments" aspect. And guaranteed, nobody ever did a story about some guy in a shop selling arrows who sells them to Link...

If only because Link isn't a gigantic jerk about it.

-Erico
ZeBubba chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
This is absolutely amazing. I'm so putting this on my favorites so I never lose it!
Magus523 chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Struck home in a good way, as it should with anybody who's ever worked retail. Nice one, man.
Linko16 chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
The cuteness is complete.

Reminded me of a SNL sketch or something.