Reviews for Small Mercies
Red-the-Mudkip chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Wow...heartwarming! Mia sounds really in-character. And that is the reason Phoenix can get tazed, get hit on the head with a fire extinguisher, get whipped really hard, get first-degree burns from a coffee cup, and get hit by a car, coming out with only minor injuries after all of that. :P
rlsefromtheashes chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Wow. This was touching.
heylalaa chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
really cool. :)
Cravat of Doom chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Wow that was quite...touching!
REDskies chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
Awesome concept. I found it somewhat fishy about the cold too... xD
Pen and Paper71 chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
This is a good story. It's well-written and nicely structured. I know I always wondered how Phoenix managed to survive a fall into freezing water, but then I just concluded "He's Phoenix." I like your interpretation better.
Miss Mysty chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
You know, I never actually questioned why he survived with only a cold. It's Phoenix, y'know? But this was a good canon-filler :)
Ysabet chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Damn... GOOD fic. And I'm honored that you got some inspiration from my small bit of work; this was excellent. The bit at the end with the cops finding him was in particular well done.
StarFire and Sakura chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Indeed, the fact that Phoenix falls off a burning bridge into a freezing rushing river and comes out with only a cold is quite amazing. That said, I think it's more of a sign of his own grace than anyone else's... as later (slight spoilers for Apollo Justice) he gets hit by a speeding car and... gets a sprained ankle.

Conclusion: Phoenix may or may not be human. Probably the latter. Also, great fic. :D
Imperial Lung chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Well written, I particularly like how you voiced Mia. Sounds just like her. :D This story made that part in the game make a lot more sense too. Good work.