Reviews for Deadly Moon
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 10 . 4/13/2012
Oh yeah...

Now THAT is what I’m talking about.

The opening created an interesting impression of the situation, with the Xanatos family’s innocent plans for Christmas contrasting well with the implied danger to the father and son mentioned early on, and the subsequent kidnapping created an excellent threat from a clearly well-informed villain; congratulations.

Your portrayal of Thailog’s plans was unquestionably twisted- particularly his thoughts on how he’ll include Bethany in the equation now that he has her as an additional ‘bonus’-, perfectly reflecting the sheer scale of his evil and just how far he differs from his ‘parents’, particularly regarding his plans for Puck, even if other moments such as his ignorance of Puck’s oath and his obvious under-estimation of Bronx make it clear that he’s still making a few crucial mistakes due to his inability to understand certain details (Bronx might not be able to talk, but he’s definitely brighter than the average dog).

The gargoyles’ hit-and-run attacks on the Quarrymen were also well-described- very nice-yet-disturbing touch with your brief look at Castaway’s thoughts on the ‘monsters’ that we know the gargoyles aren’t-, and the other loose ends the gargoyles pursued during their investigation also made sense (I particularly look forward to seeing what happens if/when you follow up Lexington’s discoveries about Wolf; why someone would break him out of prison on his own is definitely something worth considering...).

Still, it’s Anne’s brief confrontation with Thailog where things really shine; she might not be a fighter like the rest of the Manhattan Clan, but her efforts to protect Bethany and Alexander are definitely to be admired, to say nothing of the not-inconsiderable nerve she displayed in even attempting to give the were-fox orders (Although Heinrich’s first contact with the other clan certainly works).

Add in the implications of the Alpha’s appearance and the possible long-term consequences of this night’s events (Particularly with the ‘providential’ home invasion raising a few possible questions; a part of me can’t help feeling that those thieves using those costumes on that night in that house was just a bit TOO convenient...), and I feel confident in saying that the future looks EXTREMELY interesting.

Keep up the great work!
Rialla chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
Okay, reading through this and the name Daanu caught my eye. A: It's nice to see the names of the celtic mythologies in use, I also find myself wondering... Daanu was the mother-goddess of the Tuatha De Danann-are you following the shows plot of having Gods3rd Race and if so are you using Daanu as a predecessor for Mab, since the timeline on the gargoyles site simply says 'Mab becomes Queen of the third race' not that she is the first of the 3rd race?

Very much enjoying your series, my only minor point of contention is the gargoyles having external ah-hem (sorry don't want to use terminology FFnet may frown on where minors may see it) as Bronx and Zafiro indicate that, like reptiles, the fun house is inside... however that's just more of me being an anatomy major instead of a show fan - hence, minor point.

I've caught up with much of your stories now and am looking forward to reading all of them, and I hope you will continue to write more!
Anmylica chapter 10 . 7/17/2009
I've been following this series for a few days, and while I do not agree with the Broadway/Martha/Angela thing, for your fanfic series, that's really the only way it could work out. Personally I love Broadway and Angela together, but I also love the fanfic idea of Angela/Gabriel. In canon, of course, you've got the "true" way things are, but when it comes to fanon, I believe you can make anything you want happen by any means. Your series is the exact example of this. So considering that, I really do have to commend you on a job well done regarding that triangle. It really is the only way your fanfic could go.

Now, speaking of my love of the fanfic pairing of Angel/Gabriel, I am DYING to know how the reconciliation between the two on Avalon is going. I'm hoping you get that part of the series up soon. I'll be sure to keep checking every day or so. Happy writing!
Wispr chapter 10 . 1/4/2009
Great ending and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story.

Wispr chapter 9 . 1/4/2009
Now you really got me wondering who Alpha is. Great story so far and really enjoying loosing myself in your words.

Wispr chapter 8 . 1/4/2009
Oh wow this was bloody cool chapter, as is all of your writing!

Wispr chapter 7 . 1/4/2009
A great way to do the escape and to introduce the German gargoyle to everyone else.

Wispr chapter 6 . 1/4/2009
Another fantastic chapter, you doing a awesome job with the characters personalities. Thilog is simply chilling!

Love the Spirit remark!

Allaine chapter 10 . 12/29/2008
Oh, you and your hundred words.

It was nice to have a big, long, meaty (no pun intended) story from you. Very entertaining.

Two things I'm wondering (a tiny bit) about - it was never directly stated who the "Alpha" was, but can we assume Vincent has made another appearance?

And I don't believe you gave any indication of who was responsible for the two costumed crooks who invaded Starsky's home. Can I make an educated guess that it was someone with experience in hiring criminals to play dress-up?

Lots of fun :)

Sincerely, Allaine
The Mad Dragon chapter 10 . 12/28/2008
Gotta love them happy endings.
puck'slastlove chapter 8 . 12/28/2008
NO! Don't kill Fox! Alex needs his mum, & Xanatos will get all depessed and, and SHE'S JUST TOO COOL TO KILL! ( I've gotten WAY to emtionly envested in this story)
Hardwing chapter 8 . 12/26/2008
Another great chapter of a great story.

I love how you make all these characters look realistic, especially Brooklyn seems to have grown into the role of the leader despite his doubts.

With the rest of the kidnapped out of danger it leaves me wondering what you've planned for Fox... and where the heck Thailog has vanished to.
Katie chapter 7 . 12/23/2008
That last section of this chapter was just pure evil at first! I really thought Cassius and Lucretia were shot at first. I can't wait for more!
puck'slastlove chapter 7 . 12/23/2008
Thankes for the early xmas present!
Kudara chapter 7 . 12/23/2008
Ohh, so nice to see Fox and Henrich getting to be the heroes of the hour instead of the clan. Nothing against the clan, but it gets boring with them being the heroes most of the time.

Interesting ending, I'm curious to see where it is leading.