Reviews for XRay
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/13
This is... Absolutely Goodly Awesome !

I LOVE IT !

Yeah, Dean would believe him. And probably a little babying him if in the past Sam did tell the truth.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
I like this - never thought about possible injuries Dean wouldn't know about, but I'm laughing on the inside (and feeling good) about how protective he is with Sam's injuries.
LOL about Sam passed out on the hospital bed ..
himrqwerty chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
awwwwww
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Nice job getting everyone to hate that ER doc. haha. And I like how Dean tried to broach the subject here to find out when/where the break had been. Hearing what happened was almost a physical blow, though, the way it effected him and his retroactive trust in his dad. He had to have a huge mental shift there and it was crazy to watch him try to assimilate that new knowledge.
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
What, no hug at the end? :)
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Great story.
Whilom chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
**”Little white line going right through your metal-carpool.”**

Haha, oh, Dean, you rattle off orthopedist when it comes to it, but you can’t seem to get metacarpal down in front of Sam.

**He’s just trying to protect us, Sam.

Good little soldier.

Save Sam.

I know his history.

Kill Sam.

10:41 a.m.

…as if the bone didn’t set properly.

Didn’t think you’d believe me.**

Oh man. Dean.

**“So,” Dean conceded. Then sighed. “I’m not a girl, Sam.”

Sam’s face screwed up. “O…kay, I’m glad we cleared that up, but—”**

Lol, this made me giggle! Such a dramatic moment of truth, and Dean comes out with his gender.

I really liked this tag; it highlights how strong the relationship between the boys is. Most brothers could care less if their sibling had a broken hand ten years ago. For Dean, that's huge, a faith-rattler in his father and a guilt-trip for himself.
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Loved.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
This was very, very good. I really liked the way that the broken bone was brought up, and I especially liked the resolution. I loved how Dean's emotions and thoughts were so clear (to the reader and to Sam) but they didn't resolve it with a heart-to-heart moment. Dean felt so twisted up, like he'd failed, but they still didn't drop the ball and give into a 'chick-flick' moment. They were themselves, which I think is one of the harder things to pull of with these two in Fanfiction. :)

Good job!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Awesome job. Catch ya on the flip side.
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I really enjoyed this story. As an older sister myself, I'd say you got Dean's emotions in this story just right! Kudos!
faith-in-Faith chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
My first thought after reading this was "Those poor kids" and my mother heart is shattered once again. It's heartwarming and heartbreakining at the same time and again, John will never have my forgivness...

Great work! Again!
bhoney chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Loved this line: "Which meant he was fair game for an ambush. Or, as Sam called it, talking." SO Dean, LOL.

Great characterization, as always. I was a little sad for them both, but REALLY glad it wasn't that Dean had accidentally broken his hand once (which I feared, when Sam said he was protecting Dean). I don't think he could've forgiven himself for that.

And I loved this: " 'Not that it takes that much—dude, a Warak’in? They’re just, like, overgrown coyotes. And a zombie girl? I thought I taught you—' Dean suddenly heard himself and clamped his mouth shut. Sam’s gaze was warm with wryness now. Can’t take that one back, dude." Dean still refuses to acknowledge that he really was more of a dad than John to Sam, as you show in his thoughts, but nice that Sam realizes it.

Another great story. I don't think I've ever looked forward to Wednesdays so much in my life (though, of course, loving the Sundays too!). :)
Phx chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I love the premise behind this story - the idea that something had happened to Sam that Dean had been oblivious to, and then seeing Dean's reaction to finding out, after the fact. Dean prides himself on knowing what there is to know about Sam and seeing him deal with the realization that at one time Sam felt he couldn't come to him about something was heartaching. And I totally loved how Dean did deal with it in the now.

Understandably he needed time to reconcile to this before he could properly talk about it to Sam. And I loved him reminding Sam that, yes they are brothers, however Dean is the OLDER brother and with that comes a whole different sets of standards, priorities, whatever you want to call it than the role of younger brother does. It is just the way it is and will always be. And I loved how upset/worried Sam was about Dean's response even as my heart broke for the kid having gone through that when he was younger, and really feeling - at that time - that he couldn't tell Dean. I loved that Sam tried to protect his brother even at a cost to himself. Aw!

Another wonderful one :)
Shire cat chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
"Dean pressed two fingers under his brother’s jaw to check his pulse, then absently carded his hand up through the tousled hair, resting it on the crown of Sam’s head"

Aww.

"Drop it spelled out loud and clear. Dean never had been good at spelling."

I love that line.

" “Who’re you trying to protect, Sam, huh? Why don’t you think about—”

“You!”"

The first time I read that I kind of freaked because my first thought was that Dean had hurt him somehow; either they were fighting or wrestling or sparing or something. But then it turned out he was trying to protect Dean from the guilt of not being available to help Sam with his injury, which is almost sadder because it shows just how much Dean holds himself responsible for Sam in every way, almost more like a father than a brother.

"Sam seemed to read his mind, which Dean was half-convinced he could do."

Of course he can.

"The one thing he’d always thought he’d gotten right, the one thing he could be proud of, was Sam."

He is INSANELY paternal.

"I thought I taught you—” Dean suddenly heard himself and clamped his mouth shut.

Sam’s gaze was warm with wryness now. Can’t take that one back, dude."

Aww, reminds me of his "That's my boy" in Scarecrow and...was it Salvation or one of those type?

"He made a face at his brother. “Only one for you—you just got off your meds.”

“Yes, Mom.”

And neither of them even winced."

WOW.

Overall: I love how you tied Dean's self-assigned responsibilities towards Sam with how The Secret affects his view of himself. Awesome.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »