Reviews for The Likes of You and the Likes of Me
Basil Allegri chapter 1 . 9/3
Going from a student-teacher relationship to a romantic one would probably be awkward - I like how you managed to convey some of that.
BlueEarings chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
YES! This! This is what I needed to know happened after she came back! Thank you for writing this! :)
Rebekah Kroeplin chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
The was adorable!
artemislecter chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Wonderfully written. The conversation about the Titanic was a nice detail )
Persephatta chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
A good story, and I think you wrote the characters very well, I definately think you've truly grapsed Higgins and his way of expressing emotion. A very well done story, good job )
Reme Sandra Couch chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
yes, she got the upper hand all right, and she might just keep it. Can see a satisfied smile o her face as she ascends the stairs like a queen, the queen she had become. Always thought they would get together, that is not what the author wanted, but it is what the public wanted, and the public got their way

I love the original movie with beautiful Leslie Howard in it, but I was not near so taken with that rather plain Eliza. I would have loved it if Leslie Howard had survived the war and he had been able to play this with Audrey Hepburn. i guess he would ahve been way to old by that time. So sad the way he died in WWII, his plane mistaken for Chuchill's by the Nazis. REad the story. You probably have if I know you, ALydia.

Have you ever looked at a picture of Leslie Howard as a youngman and Tom Hiddleston? They could have been brothers or father and son. So much alike. It is absolutely that women are still fascinated with that beautifully speaking, gentlemanly, sort of Enlgish scamp, light of foot, fast of wit, and precious, so precious in person. I miss Leslie Howard. I had a terrible crush on him when I was twelve and saw Gone With the Wind.
sudoku.addict chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Fantastic characterization! Write another!
Emery Saks chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
I absolutely love this story and have for quite some time. I hadn't realized I'd never commented on it. I especially enjoy Higgins' ephiphany at the end!
Flowers47 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Um, more please? Absolutely amazing! In character, not to cheesy, but...i want more. Please, do write a sequel!
Silvestria chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Perfect capturing of their voices and works imagining Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison anyway! Loved Henry's line about Keats!
AnaG2 chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Gee, this one needed more chapters!

Very good indeed!

THNAKS! (err... really, I would love more chapters to see how our dearest Professor softens more).
shhIwasn'there chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
that's it? finished? oh man, I wanted more!
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Adorable. I always thought the ending was lacking, and this rounded the story out nicely.
Saavik13 chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
very nicely done.
DevoteeofElizanherHiggins chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
But, Alydia, Alydia, please understand: I never meant to criticize for there was nothing in here to merit it. As for the question of alterations in the story, this story needs none.

Hitherto had I seemed to reply in a cold and critical manner. Forgive me. Frankly, I was indulging myself in a bit of mockery, sneaking a dig at Shaw, reveling in how Lerner n the rest of you bring, n will continue to bring, Eliza n Higgins' tale to a natural and more deserved conclusion than what GBS desired..

I am after all a devotee of Eliza n her Higgins.

And u couldn't detest Shaw's ill-conceived ending of his Pygmalion more than I do. For I know his nefarious reasons for the irrational ending, as u call it. And I suppose u, Alydia, do know it too. But, pray, what is this musical u allude to where u participated with a penchant for insight?

So.. please dun b harsh on me. Phonetics-wise or otherwise.